Was Lambert raped by the Alien?

Started by Ellen Ripley, Nov 02, 2007, 07:42:37 PM

Author
Was Lambert raped by the Alien? (Read 225,575 times)

Primordial

Primordial

Yes, it's fulfilled its primary function by making at least 2 eggs (but then why 2 and not just one ?...in a way, it gives more mystery to Alien's behaviour  :))

Actually, I had in mind this quote of StrangeShape about the Alien making more eggs :

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jul 22, 2012, 06:13:32 PM
If you have other quotes from him in mind, you know hes talking about facehuggin or turning her into alien. He elaborated more on that scene in different places, and explained the alien wants to survive and make more eggs and hes interested in the crew to get more eggs, shutting down any sexual interest which Weaver suggested and Scott described as an odd comment. Lamber died in the locker/airshaft, which is revealed in novelization , by Scott and Lambert

SiL

SiL

It doesn't leave just one so the population can expand.

samoht

samoht

Quote from: PrimitifAlien on Oct 12, 2012, 08:54:30 AM
Yes, it's fulfilled its primary function by making at least 2 eggs (but then why 2 and not just one ?...in a way, it gives more mystery to Alien's behaviour  :))

Actually, I had in mind this quote of StrangeShape about the Alien making more eggs :

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jul 22, 2012, 06:13:32 PM
If you have other quotes from him in mind, you know hes talking about facehuggin or turning her into alien. He elaborated more on that scene in different places, and explained the alien wants to survive and make more eggs and hes interested in the crew to get more eggs, shutting down any sexual interest which Weaver suggested and Scott described as an odd comment. Lamber died in the locker/airshaft, which is revealed in novelization , by Scott and Lambert

So the population can expand of course.

Space7Horror

Egg morphing would be such a slow process how are the aliens supposed to take over if they can make like 2 eggs and die I like the queen she is Cool and the aliens and take over better with her.

SM

SM

It's exponential.

Lets pretend they can only make two eggs.  Egg morphing takes about 3 hours tops.  So if you nab two hosts at the same time, within 3 hours you have to more eggs.  If those have hosts about 16 hours (give or take) later you have two more Aliens.  They morph two eggs each, etc etc.  So if they can only make two eggs each and if they only live 24 hours, you'll still have a constantly replenishing and growing supply of Aliens, even with those restricted conditions.

Queens on the other hand take 2-3 days to gestate then another 3 days or so to start laying.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Oct 14, 2012, 10:12:39 PM
Egg morphing takes about 3 hours tops. 

Where the hell are you getting that from?

SM

SM

Estimating based on the state of Brett when Ripley finds him and Dallas.  Could be shorter, but 3 hours is my best conservative guess.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Oct 15, 2012, 12:44:47 AM
Estimating based on the state of Brett when Ripley finds him and Dallas.  Could be shorter, but 3 hours is my best conservative guess.

But it is a complete and utter assumption.  We don't know what "state" Brett was in when Ripley finds him.  The egg morphing process could have taken another day for all we know.

SM

SM

He's almost fully an egg - what evidence do you have that it'll take "another day"?

And you accuse me of "complete and utter assumption"...

stephen

stephen

Ahhh none.

Thats my point.  We don't know how long the egg morphing process takes - and just because something LOOKS like an egg doesn't mean that it is fully "morphed" into an egg.

My whole point is that there is nothing to say one way or another.  I'm not saying that it will take another day at all.  I'm saying that for all we know it could take another day.  Hell two days.  I'm not assuming anything.

SM

SM

QuoteMy whole point is that there is nothing to say one way or another.

Except there is - it's there in the film, and I'm making an estimate based on what's in the film.

You want to make stuff up - fair enough, but I'll go with what's in the film as much as possible.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Oct 15, 2012, 01:20:56 AM
QuoteMy whole point is that there is nothing to say one way or another.

Except there is - it's there in the film, and I'm making an estimate based on what's in the film.

You want to make stuff up - fair enough, but I'll go with what's in the film as much as possible.

But I'm not making stuff up.  You are.  Tell me what there is in the film to state that egg morphing takes 3 hours?

All you've got is a visual of Brett. And the fact that it was still recognizable (if not of Brett then at least human) shows that there is still some way to go before it becomes an egg.  How long? who the f**k knows!

I'm not making stuff up - I don't know - and I'm quite open in saying so.

SM

SM

I haven't made anything up.

For the third or fourth time, we see Brett almost fully eggmorphed, and I'm making as estimate that he was nabbed a couple of hours earlier, based on what's gone on in the film in the interim, and there is a little way to go before he could hatch a hugger.

If you still want to accuse me of making things up - go ahead.  No amount of further explaining on my part is going to stop you going "Nuh-uh" as nauseum.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Oct 15, 2012, 01:29:53 AM
I haven't made anything up.

For the third or fourth time, we see Brett almost fully eggmorphed, and I'm making as estimate that he was nabbed a couple of hours earlier, based on what's gone on in the film in the interim, and there is a little way to go before he could hatch a hugger.

If you still want to accuse me of making things up - go ahead.  No amount of further explaining on my part is going to stop you going "Nuh-uh" as nauseum.

"f**king people baffle me."

SM

SM

Still?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed