Was Lambert raped by the Alien?

Started by Ellen Ripley, Nov 02, 2007, 07:42:37 PM

Author
Was Lambert raped by the Alien? (Read 223,762 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

In a fight or flight response your body doesn't just release adrenaline.  It can also release other chems that inhibit your body from functioning properly (see the flight response in fight or flight). 

Again, terrorist on a plane during 9/11, only one group of people fought back after the terrorist revealed the plane was bombed.  The same thing in school shootings happens.  Guy with limited ammo literally holds up hundreds of kids he couldn't possibly all kill, yet nobody makes a move to stop him.  Take the columbine shooters, people in the library were WAITING to be executed by those mofo's, as they went from desk to desk killing people.  They were even reloading while doing this.

And pausing and not running from some animals in the wild will spare you.  Try to run away from a grizzly and he'll decapitate you as you flee.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

(on the flipside if you pause or play dead with a brown bear, he'll eat you, scavenger).

ShadowXeno

ShadowXeno

Well. We saw how quickly the Alien was able to whip Parker down with its tail. Maybe she knew that if she tried running off, the Alien would whup her ass down with the tail. She didn't seem too far from the Alien while it was killing Parker.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Agreed.

Cutch

Cutch

Lambert was RAPED?
I knew that scene always bothered me as a kid... more of the uncomfortable sexuality of Alien... bravo....
What rape-like elements were left in?

That Yellow Alien

There's never been a straight up answer to what was going on, it was always intended to be mysterious and disturbing. However, Ridley Scott has mentioned many times that it could be raping her. Plus we see the tail going up between her legs and the agonizing moaning.

SM

SM

QuoteReally?

Possibly.

Thedus

Thedus

Yeah, possibly.

Though I tend to believe that it wasn't rape.  Rape is a human concept - the alien is not human.  Rape, when it comes right down it, is done as a means of exerting power over another (it has nothing to do with sex) - why would the alien need, or want, to do this?

I always assumed the alien was stinging Lambert in the small of her back. And I was struck by something, some years back, when I caught a show on sting rays: that Lambert's breathing (heard over the PA, just before she screams) sounds remarkably like that of a person who's been stung by a sting ray.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It was Rape......i believe that it was, believed this the day I saw it, I do now. If I am not mistaken the tail became erect didn't?

I love Giger.

That Yellow Alien

Rape is unwanted penetration. If the Alien did indeed stick it's tail up her hoochy-coo, than I call that rape.

SM

SM

QuoteIf I am not mistaken the tail became erect didn't?

You're mistaken.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Ok.....but the fact that It was going up to her leg and slwoly still makes it rape to me....especially that she was then naked (from what we saw) after said rape and there was blood.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The alien was...

Gettin jiggy wit it
Na na na na na na na nana
Na na na na nana
Gettin jiggy wit it...

SM

SM

QuoteOk.....but the fact that It was going up to her leg and slwoly still makes it rape to me....especially that she was then naked (from what we saw) after said rape and there was blood.

So.  Taking Brett's original death into account where the tail went between his legs and speared him the back - that's rape too?

And the ragged breathing from Lambert can alos be explained away by the same thing - punctured lung.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Damn it's been a long ass time since I saw that movie, i'll need to go see it again then and see if I can count Brett's death as rape.

maledoro

maledoro

How many of these "Lambert was raped?" threads are we up to?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed