Was Lambert raped by the Alien?

Started by Ellen Ripley, Nov 02, 2007, 07:42:37 PM

Author
Was Lambert raped by the Alien? (Read 226,688 times)

Xhan

Xhan

He is, and he's likening it to a ship's umbilical, aka bridge aka check out some Chris Foss paintings of the time along with giger's stuff.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Xhan on Apr 06, 2014, 09:21:21 PM
He is, and he's likening it to a ship's umbilical, aka bridge aka check out some Chris Foss paintings of the time along with giger's stuff.

No he wasn't. You're just coming up with this wrong stuff for the sake of it

Xhan

Xhan

Yeah, he was 

RobThom

RobThom

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Apr 06, 2014, 09:33:39 AM
Well, when we're dealing with Ridley's imagination, so just because the reason the tail has been placed where it appears to be is for mechanical reasons, what Ridley was thinking to explain it all is not necessarily so black and white.
But still I'm trying to work out if he was calling the tail an "umbilical" all the way through the production or just for that scene

Although it was definitely mounted at the crotch as a suit, I always figured "in world" that it was just the tail curled up in a funny way. Like the way dogs can contort themselves when they curl up to sleep. Plus the Alien was "striking a pose".

Quote from: SiL on Apr 06, 2014, 09:08:17 AM
Never noticed those hooks before. Sure would explain a lot.

That is a good catch.
Although the reason for it never bothered me, I agree that suddenly provides an solid physical explanation.

We already know that TCM was Ridley's template.
So Christianson or whoever was dressing the set and hung the suits up on these hooks,
Ridley looks up see's this hook and goes "Ooh, ooh, ooh! I got an idea!"

I always did figure that it had something to do with Chainsaw just visually.
But I thought they just forced it for the visual without any particular in world function.
Throw that there was actually a hook there and for a reason other then just to hang Lambert on,
onto the giant pyramid of things big and small that make Alien one of the most well thought out, narratively justified and brilliant movies of all time.

Or it was some sort of divine intervention that everything just kept falling into place almost perfectly.
Maybe a little bit of both.

Edit: Although it still doesn't explain why he pulled her pants off.
But any reasons good enough.
I would.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: RobThom on Apr 07, 2014, 02:12:06 AM
Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Apr 06, 2014, 09:33:39 AM
Well, when we're dealing with Ridley's imagination, so just because the reason the tail has been placed where it appears to be is for mechanical reasons, what Ridley was thinking to explain it all is not necessarily so black and white.
But still I'm trying to work out if he was calling the tail an "umbilical" all the way through the production or just for that scene

Although it was definitely mounted at the crotch as a suit, I always figured "in world" that it was just the tail curled up in a funny way. Like the way dogs can contort themselves when they curl up to sleep. Plus the Alien was "striking a pose".

Quote from: SiL on Apr 06, 2014, 09:08:17 AM
Never noticed those hooks before. Sure would explain a lot.

That is a good catch.
Although the reason for it never bothered me, I agree that suddenly provides an solid physical explanation.

We already know that TCM was Ridley's template.
So Christianson or whoever was dressing the set and hung the suits up on these hooks,
Ridley looks up see's this hook and goes "Ooh, ooh, ooh! I got an idea!"

I always did figure that it had something to do with Chainsaw just visually.
But I thought they just forced it for the visual without any particular in world function.
Throw that there was actually a hook there and for a reason other then just to hang Lambert on,
onto the giant pyramid of things big and small that make Alien one of the most well thought out, narratively justified and brilliant movies of all time.

Or it was some sort of divine intervention that everything just kept falling into place almost perfectly.
Maybe a little bit of both.

Edit: Although it still doesn't explain why he pulled her pants off.
But any reasons good enough.
I would.
Just one problem with the hook theory,as Xhan pointed out,the hooks are over the other side of the room where Parker originally was.Lambert's body was close to where she was working.

Xhan

Xhan

Except she may not be hung there at all.

QuoteDefinitely

Not definitely, it was mounted that way once for a particular reason.

Quoteroom

Le ceiling un

Le ceiling deux

Le porte énigmatique

Le chanteuse passager ahn hahn hahn

SM

SM

Parker grabs a hook from the ceiling just before attacking the Alien.

Maybe the Alien, in turn, decided to use it on Lambert.

Xhan

Xhan

ow.

There's only metal and red in his right hand at the point of the hit, and his left is pretty much completely obscured after he sidles past the suit.

feh.

SM

SM

You goddamn right "ow".

Xhan

Xhan

Well that would explain the pneumothorax not being hyperventilation though, with or without tail.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Just what is that red ball-like object in Parker's hand,something to do with the incinerator unit?

SM

SM

Ball gag for when Brett too lippy.

It had sentimental value.

Xhan

Xhan

right

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SM on Apr 07, 2014, 06:45:59 AM
Ball gag for when Brett too lippy.

It had sentimental value.
Ripley was the one with the mouth.Check out the photo gallery for the Alien Quadrilogy,and there's an image of Parker trying to jam that very same object into the Alien's mouth to avoid it's teeth.Might be a deleted scene.

SM

SM

I know the picture but don't have it handy to have a look.

Thought it might be red thing off the emergency helmet but I don't think the shape is quite right.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed