Was Lambert raped by the Alien?

Started by Ellen Ripley, Nov 02, 2007, 07:42:37 PM

Author
Was Lambert raped by the Alien? (Read 226,929 times)

SM

SM

Hudsons wisecrackage gets laughs.  It always has got laughs.  Why do you think it's quoted so much?

Maxyboy

Maxyboy

For me, It really started to get funny after the third or fourth time watching the movie, I didn't laugh at all when I first saw it, it really starts to get funny and quotable after the first time for me.

SM

SM

I remember chuckles aplenty when I first saw it in the cinema.  Stuff like "Game over man, game over!" has become almost iconic.

Maxyboy

Maxyboy

Christ, I KNOW it has, okay?
>:(

Sigh.

Iconic lines dont have to be funny you know?

SM

SM

Temper, temper.

IN this instance they were intended to be funny, and generally achieved the desired effect.

Alien³

Alien³

Hudson rules. End.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Dang. A lot of you are hard on Lambert.
You know Veronica Cartwright won a Saturn Award for the role?
She has also been in a lot of my favorite films. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978), The Birds and the ever amazing The Right Stuff are good examples.
She has also appeared on the X Files, Law and Order, and was even in an episode of the original The Twilight Zone.
I personally kind of liked Lambert.
One look at her cast photo and you can see why.  ;)

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

I've been thinking about how Lambert was killed recently since playing AvP.  The special kill where the alien jams its tail somewhere below out of the screen, then the tail extends fully through the victims mouth impaling them vertically in a way i guess.  Wut do u all think?

XenoVC

XenoVC

That's a cool looking kill for a videogame.

Alien had none of these ideas in mind 30 years ago.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Actually, that very well could be the intent.

I'm absolutely sure that kill animation in AvP2010 is a reference to Lambert's death.

SiL

SiL

I'll stick with the implied rape.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Wolf Sazen on Apr 10, 2010, 04:24:07 AM
Wut do u all think?
I think that you should have used an existing thread that covers this topic instead of you making yet another one.

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: maledoro on Apr 10, 2010, 11:14:11 AM
Quote from: Wolf Sazen on Apr 10, 2010, 04:24:07 AM
Wut do u all think?
I think that you should have used an existing thread that covers this topic instead of you making yet another one.
Yeah, but how old would that thread be, plus who has the patience to search that long. 

SiL

SiL

Using the Search function I found these threads in like two seconds.

And the last posts in them aren't even that old.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=25239.msg526714#msg526714
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=24128.msg497752#msg497752

StarBeast79

StarBeast79

I can see what you're saying since it relates to the new game and not necessarily the topic wondering wether or not she was dead.  Yeah, I get the feeling some of the comics went with that idea and Rebellion were in turn inspired by the expanded universe.  I like the idea of the tail up the ass, crotch, vagina, or lower back and out the mouth as show in the game because it goes with the implied rape of sorts that Scott touches on in his dvd commentary.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed