Star Beast: Alien Grindhoused - a fanedit

Started by Gieferg, Jan 31, 2022, 07:46:48 AM

Author
Star Beast: Alien Grindhoused - a fanedit (Read 9,677 times)

TheGreenSolution

I like the gringhouse movies and this an Alien one looks keen. Th emusic is before my time, but it looks like old movie from the 70s

Gieferg

Gieferg

Well, technically it is "old movie from 70s" ;)

Here's a little tease, a screenshot from the alternate ending:

Also, I've just invented whole new subplot for this version  ;D

EDIT:

Here's, a little clip:

https://vimeo.com/676600562

TheGreenSolution

I see now!  ;D  It is like "noir"? It has a filter taht makes it look old and dirty. That fits Alien.

Gieferg

Gieferg

"noir" is something else (also "retro" but not the same thing), but yeah, grindhouse should look old and dirty. Also, this means that it's more like a B-movie, more campy & not that serious. And that is exactly the goal here.

PS. and a poster:

Gieferg

Gieferg

Almost finished. Running time is 110 mins, over 90% of the movie is re-scored with music by...

Spoiler
Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Gene Page, Alan Hawkshaw, Nostromo (!), Bruno Nicolai, Antonio Valotti, Kate Nash, Christopher Gunning, Tangerine Dream, Roy Budd, Slick, Lew Stern, James Canwell, The Rolling Stones, Riz Ortolani, Gerald Sampler, The Heavy, Grand Funk, Libra, Pat Benatar, Robert Smart, Billy Squier, Claude Vasori, Lenny Kravitz, David Bowie and Michael Jackson.
[close]

I've just done end credits for this version with Black & white photos put underneath the credits, now all I need to do is rebuilding some missing sfx.
I've used that alternate audio from 20th anniversary DVD for several scenes, thanks guys for pointing that out, it was quite useful.

rijir

rijir

Quote from: Gieferg on Feb 23, 2022, 10:08:50 PM
Almost finished. Running time is 110 mins, over 90% of the movie is re-scored with music by...

Spoiler
Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Gene Page, Alan Hawkshaw, Nostromo (!), Bruno Nicolai, Antonio Valotti, Kate Nash, Christopher Gunning, Tangerine Dream, Roy Budd, Slick, Lew Stern, James Canwell, The Rolling Stones, Riz Ortolani, Gerald Sampler, The Heavy, Grand Funk, Libra, Pat Benatar, Robert Smart, Billy Squier, Claude Vasori, Lenny Kravitz, David Bowie and Michael Jackson.
[close]

I've just done end credits for this version with Black & white photos put underneath the credits, now all I need to do is rebuilding some missing sfx.
I've used that alternate audio from 20th anniversary DVD for several scenes, thanks guys for pointing that out, it was quite useful.

Would like to check this out when finished

Gieferg

Gieferg

No problem :)

Corporal Hicks

Certainly curious to see myself too.

Gieferg

Gieferg

During rebuilding audio I've got a new idea -  so I added couple of dialogue lines for Ripley taken from different movies with Sigourney Weaver :>
Also, couple of new shots created for the ending based on Alien:Isolation videos. When a layer of heavy grain is put on top of them, they look quite cinematic.

Gieferg

Gieferg

Any volunteers to be current workprint's test audience? :)

Trailer:
https://vimeo.com/683439402

Gieferg

Gieferg

Anyone know where can I find it motion tracker sound from Alien (not Aliens), or at least some sound close to it? (Isolation motion tracker sound isn't close enough).
I couldn't get clean version from the movie audio (there's always music in the background).

rijir

rijir

This is a long shot but could that sound effect appear in a menu screen of one of the many dvd or Blu-ray releases?

Gieferg

Gieferg

I've found something similar enough on blu-ray menu, thanks for that advice :)

Gieferg

Gieferg

Anyone can tell what's the source of the shot from 2:20 here:

is it present on Anthology set?

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Gieferg on Mar 30, 2022, 03:21:06 PM
Anyone can tell what's the source of the shot from 2:20 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1eF_W_NSWk

is it present on Anthology set?

Hi Gieferg.  Yes, that bit of footage is present on the Alien Anthology set.  It's featured on one of the Alien enhancement pods.  The 'James Cameron Dissects Alien' one  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed