Best non-alien pictures

Started by Bad Replicant, Apr 02, 2011, 06:14:54 PM

Author
Best non-alien pictures (Read 409,916 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 24, 2019, 04:56:19 PMOn the television news when Col. Stuart is doing his naked exercises.

"Security was tight today at Escalan Airport in the Republic of Valverde where government authorities report that deposed General Ramon Esperanza will be delivered for immediate extradition to the United States. 

"Only two years ago, General Esperanza led his country's army in a campaign against Communist insurgents, a campaign fought with American money and advisers.

"Esperanza's fall from power caused ripples not only in his country's recent election, but closer to home, as well, when high-ranking Pentagon officials were charged with supplying him with weapons despite the Congressional ban.  But mounting evidence that Esperanza's forces violated the neutrality of neighboring countries made Congress withhold funds, funds which Esperanza is accused of replacing by going into the lucrative business of cocaine smuggling.

"Although Esperanza was removed as Commander In Chief earlier this year, the agreement to extradite him was only reached yesterday, and Washington insiders say it was a phone call that made it happen."

Ah, fair!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The Nostromo's autogalley. So apparently they have six different kinds of coffee to choose from which all feeds into the Braun coffee maker. Also some Weylan-Yutani Aspen beer for the Captain's breakfast table.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0ftTAtAxu-/

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 29, 2019, 04:44:09 PMAlso some Weylan-Yutani Aspen beer for the Captain's breakfast table.

No such thing as drunk driving in international space!

Darwinsgirl

Six different kinds of coffee. Works for me.  8)

Been awhile since I've had beer for breakfast. ;)
Oh youth!  :D

Elmazalman

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 29, 2019, 04:44:09 PM
The Nostromo's autogalley. So apparently they have six different kinds of coffee to choose from which all feeds into the Braun coffee maker. Also some Weylan-Yutani Aspen beer for the Captain's breakfast table.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0ftTAtAxu-/
In the novelisation, it's implied that the food on board the Nostromo has been recycled from the human by-product. I dread to think what the chock chips in those cookies originally consisted of...

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jul 29, 2019, 08:37:13 PM
In the novelisation, it's implied that the food on board the Nostromo has been recycled from the human by-product. I dread to think what the chock chips in those cookies originally consisted of...

They originally consisted of chocolate chips. They've just been inside several people since then. ;)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jul 29, 2019, 08:37:13 PM

In that case perhaps we should interpret Spunkmeyer's question as literal.  :laugh:

Darwinsgirl

The Old One

The Old One

I don't think I'll consider the interpretation as part of the fiction myself.

razeak

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 16, 2019, 09:02:51 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Jul 13, 2019, 04:04:12 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 13, 2019, 01:29:36 AM

Yeah boi.

Time for a new argument then, eaten or accelerated decay? obviously a few of the fresher corpses are VERY recent if any of them look like this after two and a half weeks max, so how'd these ones get so funky?

I think the horror was well presented on film. More show could cheapen it.

I wonder how fast corpses would decay in a hot, humid environment like that. Not to mention if xenos crap in the vicinity. Are there any pests that survived travel on supply runs etc.? Could there be maggots or rats on LV-426? Or native microbes? I doubt there were flies since they weren't buzzing around the soldiers.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: razeak on Jul 30, 2019, 03:48:28 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 16, 2019, 09:02:51 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Jul 13, 2019, 04:04:12 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 13, 2019, 01:29:36 AM

Yeah boi.

Time for a new argument then, eaten or accelerated decay? obviously a few of the fresher corpses are VERY recent if any of them look like this after two and a half weeks max, so how'd these ones get so funky?

I think the horror was well presented on film. More show could cheapen it.

I wonder how fast corpses would decay in a hot, humid environment like that. Not to mention if xenos crap in the vicinity. Are there any pests that survived travel on supply runs etc.? Could there be maggots or rats on LV-426? Or native microbes? I doubt there were flies since they weren't buzzing around the soldiers.

I'd like to think that the heat and moisture, plus enzymes/etc in the hive itself liquefy the meat rapidly. To what ends is unclear, without asking further questions about how alive or not the hive itself is.

Corporal Hicks

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Happy Birthday Michael ! 

Many thanks for the hours of entertainment your roles have provided!

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 31, 2019, 04:56:09 PM

Happy Birthday Michael...er Dwayne! ;)   

Many thanks for the hours of entertainment your roles have provided!

Elmazalman

Thanks for uploading. I'm really looking forward to the Charles Lippincott book.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed