Best non-alien pictures

Started by Bad Replicant, Apr 02, 2011, 06:14:54 PM

Author
Best non-alien pictures (Read 411,668 times)

Local Trouble

Chicks dig Golic.

Corporal Hicks

For a little while, at least.

Another birthday boy today.

Love this snap.

Elmazalman

What the hell is that holding up his pants? Looks like dried snake skin?

SamuelDL

I choose this, one of the most memorable shots of the cinema:

Corporal Hicks

I will never get sick of seeing that Space Jockey or any of the Derelict sets.

Rankles75

Quote from: SamuelDL on Nov 17, 2016, 06:55:49 AM

Scene always gave me chills, mostly because of the size of the thing. Then Prometheus came along, shrunk the SJ by 10 feet or so and kind of ruined it...

Xenomania

Quote from: Rankles75 on Nov 17, 2016, 04:26:04 PM
Quote from: SamuelDL on Nov 17, 2016, 06:55:49 AM

Scene always gave me chills, mostly because of the size of the thing. Then Prometheus came along, shrunk the SJ by 10 feet or so and kind of ruined it...
And making it a guy in a suit totally ruined it (Prometheus that is). :P

windebieste

Making it 'a guy in a suit' has made the inscrutable Jockey more relatable to us.  More intimate.  Now that we know the Engineers are - in some way - responsible for the Alien; and that the Jockey is somehow intimately linked to Us in this regard, it has become something much much more intriguing and yet it still remains enigmatic. 

It has become something infinitely more baffling than 'The Space Jockey is some goofy elephant nosed ET from planet Comic Book Action Land'.  That's just lame in retrospection.  I really love how this aspect of the Jockey has been resolved and in turn opened up many other questions.  The 30 plus year old mystery of what it is has been revealed; but there's still a lot of mystery surrounding the figure.  I'm sure some people have been miffed by this revelation.

Mind you, those are the same people who appear to ignore the more intriguing questions that have arisen since then.   There's value adding going on here as a whole and is less concerned about taking to the stars with pulse rifles in hand.

We've had 10 years of depreciatingaction based  video games.  Taking this series in its current direction is welcome and necessary.

-Windebieste.

Local Trouble

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 17, 2016, 10:55:59 PM
Making it 'a guy in a suit' has made the inscrutable Jockey more relatable to us.

I think that's the problem.

windebieste

How is it a problem, though?  It doesn't conflict with anything established prior to 'PROMETHEUS'.  If anything, the Jockey being an Engineer makes it much more enticing.  What was the Jockey doing with that cargo, anyway?  Was it intended for Earth?  ...maybe for someone else entirely, presumably an enemy Engineer faction?

We know that the Engineers made us.  They also made a weapon to destroy us in the form of the black goo... isn't it more than just a little convenient that this race of 'Gods', so intent to destroy us, have a crashed spacecraft sitting on a desolate planet with a cargo hold full of bio weapons that neatly attaches itself to a human face?

Oh yeah.  The Jockey being an Engineer is a neat twist on the identity of the derelict's pilot - far more intriguing than it being some goofy elephant nosed 'Star Wars' refugee.  lol.

-Windebieste.

Local Trouble

I think we'll have to agree to disagree.  Prometheus simply ruined the space jockey for many of us.

Elmazalman

MoonerSK

Corporal Hicks

The Sarge's 74th birthday today.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed