Best non-alien pictures

Started by Bad Replicant, Apr 02, 2011, 06:14:54 PM

Author
Best non-alien pictures (Read 407,163 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 05, 2016, 03:58:37 PM
I think it's more likely conclusive proof that ADI wants the job.

The effects were done by Generation Effects Inc, Tom was just modelling.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 05, 2016, 03:54:40 PM
Is this picture conclusive proof that Alienkamp is finally happening Corporal?  :P

Don't tell any other websites, but yeah, conclusive proof.  :P

Bad Replicant

As cool as the idea of seeing Hicks with some acid scarring is, I think they went a little far with that test. He didn't exactly get sprayed enough to make him Two-Face.

Corporal Hicks

They went pretty faithful to Neill's commissioned artwork. Hopefully he's toned it down in later revisions.

85 today.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2016, 07:33:47 AM
They went pretty faithful to Neill's commissioned artwork. Hopefully he's toned it down in later revisions.

Ah yeah, forgot it came from Blomkamp's art. Guess there's plenty of time to tinker with it now! :B

One of my favorite images from the Special Edition, and one of my favorite from the series.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Ian. :-*

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Bad Replicant on Sep 12, 2016, 08:33:04 AM
Ah yeah, forgot it came from Blomkamp's art. Guess there's plenty of time to tinker with it now! :B

To be fair, Generation Inc aren't attached as far as we know.

One of my favorite images from the Special Edition, and one of my favorite from the series.

I really want to go to this beach.

FiorinaFury161

I heard that the structures got torn down? I hope not, I also would like to visit there one day.

Happy Birthday Bilbo Baggins, err Ian :P

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Sep 12, 2016, 10:03:03 AMI heard that the structures got torn down? I hope not, I also would like to visit there one day.

The structures aren't real, as far as I'm aware. I've no idea how they did that shot for the film, but the cranes were never really there.

Corporal Hicks

They made at least one, I think, for the scenes with Clemens walking. Pretty sure I've seen some bts shots of them.

The rest were likely just matte painting.

Bad Replicant

Similar angles, truer colors. Blast Beach, Seaham.

Put me down for a trip as well.

Corporal Hicks

Only about 2 hours away from me. That's not too bad.

Bad Replicant

:o

Get over there, son.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2016, 10:15:20 AMThey made at least one, I think, for the scenes with Clemens walking. Pretty sure I've seen some bts shots of them.

They made three, one full scale and two at progressively smaller scales for forced perspective, but they looked a little different to the ones in that wide beach shot. As you say, probably a matte, but it's a bloody brilliant one.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2016, 11:19:25 AM
Only about 2 hours away from me. That's not too bad.

Aren't you going to make a pilgrimage?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 12, 2016, 02:08:10 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2016, 10:15:20 AMThey made at least one, I think, for the scenes with Clemens walking. Pretty sure I've seen some bts shots of them.

They made three, one full scale and two at progressively smaller scales for forced perspective, but they looked a little different to the ones in that wide beach shot. As you say, probably a matte, but it's a bloody brilliant one.

Yes, it's a matte by Paul Lasaine.

From Queen Val's blog:

QuoteIn a nod to other cinematic landscapes, matte painter Paul Lasaine added to his painting of the Fiorina refineries [image at the top of the page] distant towers styled after the stacks from Blade Runner's famous 'Los Angeles 2019' opening shot – details which you're unlikely to have a chance of spotting in Alien 3 due to the overlapping effects and the diminutiveness of the painted towers. Allegedly, the Tyrell Pyramid structure is also in there, somewhere. An obvious similarity with another cinematic alien world is Fury's twin suns – perhaps a tip of the hat to Star Wars' Tattooine sunset. The shores of Fiorina were filmed on the dreary Blast Beach at Seaham and at Blyth Power Station – perfect for the planet's monochromatic landscape, and was apparently shot by Jordan Cronenwerth [Blade Runner again] before he left the production.
"It was a terrific looking spot. There had been a colliery nearby and they had dropped all their slag onto the beach. So the sand was black and the water had a real brackish look to it."
~ Rich Fitcher, Boss Effects Co-Supervisor.
https://alienseries.wordpress.com/2012/10/19/fury/

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed