Best non-alien pictures

Started by Bad Replicant, Apr 02, 2011, 06:14:54 PM

Author
Best non-alien pictures (Read 410,912 times)

Corporal Hicks

OWLF

Corporal Hicks

I do love those cast pictures from Alien. And seeing those laser pistols. Shame we didn't see them used but I can understand them not showing them in action.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2015, 11:47:36 AM
I do love those cast pictures from Alien. And seeing those laser pistols. Shame we didn't see them used but I can understand them not showing them in action.
Dallas's hair looks shorter than what is seen on film.

Corporal Hicks

It's possible the photos were done at a different time in production to when they were shooting.

OWLF

OWLF

Would have been the logical thing to do, but I guess then the movie would have been over in less than 5 minutes.

Dallas: "Hey! There´s the alien!"

*Shoots it with laser pistol*

Dallas: "Yep, it´s dead alright. Ok people, let´s get back to work."

Xenomorphine

'Prometheus' showed energy weapons. The dialogue about "lasers" probably means they would have looked different. They could even have been industrial tools which could double as improvised weapons.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 09, 2015, 10:23:37 PMThey could even have been industrial tools which could double as improvised weapons.

My memory isn't 100%, but I'm fairly sure the novelization actually says as much. Either they're adapted welders or they're derived from the same tech.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2015, 11:47:36 AMI do love those cast pictures from Alien. And seeing those laser pistols. Shame we didn't see them used but I can understand them not showing them in action.

The one with Jon Finch as Kane is really interesting, just because it's practically identical in every other way. Pre-digital manipulation, they must've gone back with the exact same props once John Hurt had been cast.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Amanda Ripley on Aug 09, 2015, 09:54:51 PM

Would have been the logical thing to do, but I guess then the movie would have been over in less than 5 minutes.

Well that's why they gave it acid blood.  :P

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 10, 2015, 07:41:52 AM
The one with Jon Finch as Kane is really interesting, just because it's practically identical in every other way. Pre-digital manipulation, they must've gone back with the exact same props once John Hurt had been cast.

I can't remember that one. Do you have it handy?

HuDaFuK

Far right - definitely not Bilbo Baggins.

That's the only one I could find off-hand. Although I vaguely remember seeing others.

Elmazalman

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 10, 2015, 09:03:32 AM
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/c/c1/Finch_Pub_Shot.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140302000213

Far right - definitely not Bilbo Baggins.

That's the only one I could find off-hand. Although I vaguely remember seeing others.
Are you sure?It looks like John Hurt.

HuDaFuK

Similar, but it doesn't look like him to me.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

It's 100% John Hurt. All of these promotional photos were taken at the same time anyway, after Hurt was cast. 

I've only seen Jon Finch as Kane in some black and white photos. 

edit: I just googled for them, and amongst actual photos of Finch as Kane was that same promo photo with Hurt as Kane.  Which I traced back to the AVPWikia.  Perhaps that's why you thought it was such?  It's dead wrong though.

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Jon_Finch

Okay I just looked at the citation for that info and it's linked to aliensandpredators.tumblr, and the mistake is even worse there because it's a large photo of the cast rather than the tiny one on the wikia page.

http://aliensandpredators.tumblr.com/post/186397871/cast-publicity-shot-for-alien-note-the-presence

Geez louise.

OWLF

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2015, 08:44:49 AM
Quote from: Amanda Ripley on Aug 09, 2015, 09:54:51 PM

Well that's why they gave it acid blood.  :P

I knew you would say that. :D

At no point in the film does anybody mention that these pistols are "Laser" pistols or what they fire.

They could be some sort of energy weapon for all we know.

NickisSmart

Jon Hurt was great as Kain, but damn, I'd have loved to see Finch play him. He was awesome as Macbeth (another tragic character). : )

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed