Best non-alien pictures

Started by Bad Replicant, Apr 02, 2011, 06:14:54 PM

Author
Best non-alien pictures (Read 407,129 times)

SM

There's no doubt that detailing a model so it looks like it's hundreds of metres long rather than a few feet, is an art form.

But as much as bought the Nostromo, Sulaco, LV-426, colony etc - I also bought Prometheus, the Jockey chair, LV-223, etc.  I couldn't tell you which shots used Shaw's digital double, had I not read about it.

nostalgicalgorithms

Quote from: SM on Sep 11, 2013, 05:33:54 AM
QuoteI know some people will disagree by calling this a film "technique" or "style" but this awful trend needs to die. Granted some movies do really well with both green screen technology and CGI but far too often is it executed properly. Hollywood please go back to making real sets and kit-bashing models.

:D

Because models and stop-motion always look completely real.

When did I say anything about stop motion? I'm commenting on how I hate CGI when it's lazy. CGI when done properly such as enhancing physical models like in Starship Troopers it breathtaking. Then we have crap like the Phantom menace and the new Dred movie. Complete crap!

SM

The sound you hear is the point flying right past you.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

MrSpaceJockey

Oh Alien.  Still the best looking film.

GQSioux

Elmazalman

Quote from: GQSioux on Apr 16, 2015, 08:25:18 PM

Ripley looks like Scarface's kid sister from Scarface 1983.

Corporal Hicks

Here's some of the recent images I've been sharing on the AvPGalaxy Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/avpgalaxy

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 13, 2015, 11:54:40 AM

That one's cool. I've seen a different shot from that same scene before, with Hudson in the foreground, but not that photo.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's the one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed