Was Lambert raped by the Alien?

Started by Ellen Ripley, Nov 02, 2007, 07:42:37 PM

Author
Was Lambert raped by the Alien? (Read 225,551 times)

BigDaddyJohn

The penetrating part I can totally imagine happening, the slicing part not so much.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Building Better Worlds on Jun 28, 2022, 09:43:38 AMI've always thought of the tail penetrating her and slicing her in two vertically. Her weird groans over the intercom always conjure up the idea of her being diced to me.

But that quantifiably isn't what happens in the film.

SiL

SiL

I don't get people's obsession - Tristan Jones included - with something overly gory happening to her. It's supposed to be horrible, yes, but the preoccupation with being split open is a bit odd.

Kradan

Kradan

There's just something very appealing about someone's belly being cut open

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

The 'coconut treatment' could be the reason for the blood-stained legs.

Everyone else that was killed by it (except Kane, and Dallas was taken alive) received it. No reason to think she didn't get the same - after it did what it did to her.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Personally it doesn't seem like it fits the Alien Profile to rape a human, I mean I'm not an alien but it's like a reptile or insect raping a person with it's tail. Seems very very unlikely. Maybe Big Chap just so happens to be the only Alien that's ever done that or ever will but my money is just on it being happenstance, it just appears to look that way.

[cancerblack]

It fits with the themes of violation in the first film, although I'm of the opinion it's more of a sadistic curiosity, like a kid pulling legs off a bug, than what humans would consider rape, in its intent.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 14, 2022, 09:57:43 PMIt fits with the themes of violation in the first film, although I'm of the opinion it's more of a sadistic curiosity, like a kid pulling legs off a bug, than what humans would consider rape, in its intent.
That makes sense. Xenomorphs are extremely intelligent, they are instinctually driven to some extent but a creature that goes from knowing nothing to being able to strategize and understanding our technology enough to cut the power out in span of a few weeks is very impressive, it makes me wonder what they could accomplish if given time to live long enough?

BigDaddyJohn

I always thought they were smart enough to do those kind of things.

[cancerblack]

If you're replying to BB, they are, and he was saying he's impressed that something days or weeks old can figure out that kind of cause and effect.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Aug 14, 2022, 09:46:25 PMPersonally it doesn't seem like it fits the Alien Profile to rape a human, I mean I'm not an alien but it's like a reptile or insect raping a person with it's tail. Seems very very unlikely. Maybe Big Chap just so happens to be the only Alien that's ever done that or ever will but my money is just on it being happenstance, it just appears to look that way.

I agree. I think Big Chap was more into tormenting Lambart, he knew she was afraid and taunts her when Parker tries to interfere. I think Chap played with her, feeding on her fear till it ended her life. Whither it used its tail as prob, that is  is possible, we see the Second Xeno in Alien Covenant stick its tail up the lady in the shower's behind.

BigDaddyJohn

I like that interpretation. Big chap sensing fear and despair is not far fetched, and wanting to toy with his prey neither.

Acid_Reign161

I'm sure I already posted my personal theory on this scene and how it can work with the rest of the movies overall (I'm sure it wasn't well received as I recall) but my take is this:

The Alien in this movie is still learning. Its primary instinct is to reproduce. The first two people it encounters is Brett and Dallas, and they were egg morphed. However we don't see those eggs produce a viable hugger in the movie due to Ripley's intervention. So, with the benefit of 'knowledge' from other movies (that obviously weren't conceived at the time the movie was made) let's now suppose that those eggs weren't fertile. The alien has thus far failed to reproduce. Why? Because to produce a successful ovomorph, requires something produced in the ovaries - David created his ovomorph from shaw's ovaries. What if without a queen, a female host is required to create a fertile egg?

So the Alien encounters Lambert, and is curious.. it knows she is different to the other hosts it encountered... but something is 'off'... Parker gets in the way and is disposed of -no need to trial another male. The alien "explores" Lamberts insides with the tip of its tail ( a violent and brutal rape from a humans point of view) however it doesn't find what it requires..why? Because as per Lambert's bio, she is transgender, and not biologically female. This is why Ripley is so important, and why the alien does not immediately attack in the shuttle.it's biding it's time as Ripley is its final opportunity to reproduce.

This would also nearly tie in with H. R. Giger's art showing the xeno life cycle..a play on the Egyptian goddess nuit, the goddess of the night, where you can see an ovomorph originating from the lower stomach area of the over arching female depiction.

Again, I know this is not a well received theory, but I'm looking at this from a perspective of the alien isn't a 'species' per se at this point, this is the iteration / form the creature has taken birthed from a human host. It is new and beautiful and 'finding / discovering' itself.

Darkhelmet74

I remember years ago I saw a book containing still shots and production shots of the movie, and the one scene was of Lambert being bitten in the face from the alien. Annoyingly I have not been able to find it online.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Aug 14, 2022, 09:46:25 PMPersonally it doesn't seem like it fits the Alien Profile to rape a human, I mean I'm not an alien but it's like a reptile or insect raping a person with it's tail. Seems very very unlikely. Maybe Big Chap just so happens to be the only Alien that's ever done that or ever will but my money is just on it being happenstance, it just appears to look that way.

Clearly you forget the Xenomorph humping in Alien3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed