Was Lambert raped by the Alien?

Started by Ellen Ripley, Nov 02, 2007, 07:42:37 PM

Author
Was Lambert raped by the Alien? (Read 223,741 times)

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Inverse Effect on Sep 26, 2021, 12:44:08 AM
Ever thought the reason why she was hanging or dangling is she tried to vault or climb over something just as the alien killed her?
She was rooted to the spot in terror. Too frightened to move, let alone climb anything. When the thing embraced her (offscreen), it had her in a tight grip - tight enough to mangle her big toe - and anything else that wasn't revealed onscreen.

She was either partially stuffed into an opening in the wall (air vent / duct) or hanging from one of the hooks (used for hanging the spacesuits in the room).

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: SiL on Sep 26, 2021, 01:19:44 AM
There was nothing to climb on. She's hanging from a hook.

I'll never look at the sentence, "I'm hooked" the same way again.

Huggs

Huggs

She's either on a hook or stuffed in a nook. Either way, all it took was one look and Ripley booked.

Samhain13

Samhain13

It sure gave Ripley some good motivation to run.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

On the "literal story" layer of the movie, no she wasn't - no strict indication of it. However, it IS suggestive of rape on a storytelling/metaphor layer and was very likely an intentional choice in the editing room

[cancerblack]

Today, I will remind them:

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Alien's murder manual.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 22, 2021, 08:07:00 AM

That storage locker part made me think of what Dan O' Bannon said about Lambert in that scene taken from Famous Monsters of Filmland issue 159:

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 23, 2021, 12:38:51 PM
Alien's murder manual.

Just what doctor ordered

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Oct 23, 2021, 12:58:02 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 22, 2021, 08:07:00 AM

That storage locker part made me think of what Dan O' Bannon said about Lambert in that scene taken from Famous Monsters of Filmland issue 159:

https://i.ibb.co/N2Y4zQH/fmofl1.jpg

Was footage of the Alien, stuffing Lambert into the opening of an airshaft, really filmed? The article also mentions close-ups of the "box Alien" being shot.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 23, 2021, 02:36:31 PM
Was footage of the Alien, stuffing Lambert into the opening of an airshaft, really filmed?

I'm not sure if I'm honest.  Nothing springs to mind article or interview-wise about that besides what Dan O' Bannon said.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Oct 23, 2021, 02:55:20 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 23, 2021, 02:36:31 PM
Was footage of the Alien, stuffing Lambert into the opening of an airshaft, really filmed?

I'm not sure if I'm honest.  Nothing springs to mind article or interview-wise about that besides what Dan O' Bannon said.
There is something that may tie in with part of the that passage from the #159 magazine article.

A while back, I think you (or someone else) shared a portion of the liner notes from the ALIEN soundtrack album. The notes describe an earlier edit of the scenes with Parker & Lambert collecting the coolant bottles with Ripley searching for Jones on the bridge. Light strobing close-up shots of the Alien emerging from - or near to - the opening of an airshaft were originally intercut with the two sequences.

The airshaft entrance could be the same one Dallas entered earlier and was covered by Parker & Lambert?

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 23, 2021, 03:15:54 PM
There is something that may tie in with part of the that passage from the #159 magazine article.

A while back, I think you (or someone else) shared a portion of the liner notes from the ALIEN soundtrack album. The notes describe an earlier edit of the scenes with Parker & Lambert collecting the coolant bottles with Ripley searching for Jones on the bridge. Light strobing close-up shots of the Alien emerging from - or near to - the opening of an airshaft were originally intercut with the two sequences.

The airshaft entrance could be the same one Dallas entered earlier and was covered by Parker & Lambert?

Ah yes, this:

I can't remember who it was who originally posted that.  Also, the tracker was supposed to go off while Parker & Lambert were busy with both of them not noticing it.  There is a slight shot of the camera panning to the tracker before cutting to Ripley in the film.   I also had a quick look at Terry Rawlings's editing script to see if there were any notes regarding Lambert's fate.  There isn't sadly and the script ends on Parker holding the flamethrower like a club as he enters the room.  Scene 187 & 188 for the rest of the scene are missing.  The motion tracker shot is noted in Terry's notes.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Oct 23, 2021, 03:31:50 PM

Ah yes, this:

https://i.ibb.co/kmZhS54/Alien-Booklet-Inside-8.jpg

I can't remember who it was who originally posted that.  Also, the tracker was supposed to go off while Parker & Lambert were busy with both of them not noticing it.  There is a slight shot of the camera panning to the tracker before cutting to Ripley in the film.   I also had a quick look at Terry Rawlings's editing script to see if there were any notes regarding Lambert's fate.  There isn't sadly and the script ends on Parker holding the flamethrower like a club as he enters the room.  Scene 187 & 188 for the rest of the scene are missing.  The motion tracker shot is noted in Terry's notes.
That's the one!

You mean this shot?

Spoiler
[close]

The sequence was really cut back to the bare minimum. The unused insert tracker shots, I think, would've added to the tension even more.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 23, 2021, 03:56:49 PM
You mean this shot?

Spoiler
[close]

I thought it was this shot as they enter the room after Parker says the line "OK, check the bottles"  The camera moves over to focus on the tracker.  I think I got mixed up there:

Spoiler
[close]

QuoteThe sequence was really cut back to the bare minimum. The unused insert tracker shots, I think, would've added to the tension even more.

Agreed.  Don't get me wrong I understand why Alien was cut and edited the way it was and to me, it works like a charm. 
But I'd still like to see the original intended graphic cut of the film that has been talked about over the years in various articles/interviews especially the deaths of both Brett & Parker.  Veronica Cartwright says in issue 158 of Famous monsters of filmland that the fronts and backs of scenes were also cut just leaving the middle segments.  I'm a sucker for deleted and alternate scenes of movies especially the Alien movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed