Was Lambert raped by the Alien?

Started by Ellen Ripley, Nov 02, 2007, 07:42:37 PM

Author
Was Lambert raped by the Alien? (Read 223,766 times)

SM

SM

Don't know.  It'd have to do something to them.  What, precisely isn't known.

Local Trouble

So rape is still on the menu then, just no rape to produce a chestburster?

SM

SM

Depends on how you want to define 'rape'.  If the tail is involved here, I'm just going to call it 'stabbed'.

stephen

stephen

If Lambert was "raped" - then I don't think she was raped from the Alien's point of view.  Maybe from her point of view but not the alien's.

Primordial

Primordial

Quote from: RaisingCane on Oct 09, 2012, 10:10:24 PM
So rape is still on the menu then, just no rape to produce a chestburster?
Facehugger needs an orifice to implant a chestbuster embryo. Maybe it's the same with the tail, thus being a rape ?

Quote from: stephen on Oct 09, 2012, 10:30:13 PM
Maybe from her point of view but not the alien's.
For sure !

SM

SM

Facehugger needs an orifice to implant a chestbuster embryo. Maybe it's the same with the tail, thus being a rape ?

Thus making facehuggers redundant.

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on Oct 10, 2012, 12:23:21 AM

Thus making facehuggers redundant.
From how I understand it, the alien needs a good supply of blood and thus being near the lungs and heart, those delicious carotid arteries are the best environment. Mouth --> esophagus --> heart wall seems to be the most convenient way. However the same thing can be easily done via a uterus. I'm not sure an anus could provide the same amount of blood flow though.

All successful creatures have another way of reproducing. Looks at us, we can use our penis or we can take some DNA and mix and match it to make clones... I for one rather use my penis and it could be the same thing with the alien. They rather do it with the facehugger.

Point is how can an alien be limited in it's reproductive methods? Facehuggers is just one method I think.

SM

SM

QuoteAll successful creatures have another way of reproducing.

Such as?

QuoteLooks at us, we can use our penis or we can take some DNA and mix and match it to make clones...

Cloning is a naturally occurring way of procreating for humans is it?

Local Trouble

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 10, 2012, 12:36:17 AMAll successful creatures have another way of reproducing. Looks at us, we can use our penis or we can take some DNA and mix and match it to make clones... I for one rather use my penis and it could be the same thing with the alien. They rather do it with the facehugger.
???

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on Oct 10, 2012, 12:44:35 AM
QuoteAll successful creatures have another way of reproducing.

Such as?

QuoteLooks at us, we can use our penis or we can take some DNA and mix and match it to make clones...

Cloning is a naturally occurring way of procreating for humans is it?
Are the aliens a natural occurring being? Maybe a better question is just how alien are the aliens. Many organisms can either reproduce sexual or asexually. An engineered method of reproduction, such as genetic cloning, is just a response to human intelligence. Robots are another example of possible reproduction.

The thing is that the alien is exactly that, alien. If it is a weapon then it surely has more than one way to procreate.

SM

SM

Why?

Beyond whatever the f**k the PredAlien (may its name be forever cursed) was - it goes hugger + host = Alien.

QuoteAre the aliens a natural occurring being?

Aren't they?

QuoteMany organisms can either reproduce sexual or asexually.

I note you use the words 'either' and 'or'.

Local Trouble

If they're a weapon, maybe they were deliberately designed to require hosts for reproduction so they would die out shortly after a target's populace had been eradicated.

SM

SM

Egss aren't going to die out though.

Local Trouble

I'm not convinced of that.  The eggs on the derelict were being preserved within some sort of engineer-tech stasis field, weren't they?

SM

SM

I don't know - were they?

And I should clarify that I didn't mean 'won't die out ever'.  They'll just last a long time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed