Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers* (Read 395,314 times)

SM

Nevermind the quality of the work - SHE HAWT!!!

ffs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Feb 22, 2019, 04:30:16 AM
Nevermind the quality of the work - SHE HAWT!!!

That's the spirit!

The Old One

The Old One

Best practical version IMO.

It was a mistake to replace the baby Neomorphs with sub-par CGI versions, and although I'd say the designs in all cases were major improvements- the adult Neomorph by far benefitted the most. The beautiful texturing and depth of the practical Neomorph baby and toddler just didn't carry over whatsoever in any case, aside from the Chestburster.

Imagine how much more eerie and immersive the scenes with the CGI Neomorphs would've been had they maintained the layers and depth of that woman's wonderful work. Oh well...

Necronomicon II

Eh, I was fine with the cgi, looked better in 4K.

The Old One

The Old One

It's not believable though in motion, a screencap looks alright but in motion it fails.

It's such a squandered aesthetic potential it makes me genuinely furious.

The Neomorph CGI design + translucency, depth and layers of the practical baby design equals; Gold.

Necronomicon II

Neomorphs are beautiful creatures. They're a wonderful addition to the xeno family tree.

Huggs

I could take em or leave em, if we're being honest.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed Necronomicon.

Corporal Hicks

I really do like the idea of a proto-form of the Aliens. I just wish they'd receive more focus and attention. It was my problem with both Covenant and Spaihts' scripts. They get pushed out the way towards the last third for the Alien and it did neither any favours.

Necronomicon II

I still want to see that slimy translucent one that slides and drips out of grated vents from Spaihts' script.

The Old One

The Old One

'course you would.

I think they can all do that to a degree, there's no way they could fit through certain spaces they do in the films and Isolation otherwise.

Whos_Nick

Finished a 2 hour interview with Carlos Huante just a bit ago and he revealed a lot of juicy details on Prometheus and Covenant. Especially the early stuff for Paradise aka Prometheus 2. Will be posting parts from it soon at HN Entertainment

Huggs

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Feb 23, 2019, 01:06:13 AM
Finished a 2 hour interview with Carlos Huante just a bit ago and he revealed a lot of juicy details on Prometheus and Covenant. Especially the early stuff for Paradise aka Prometheus 2. Will be posting parts from it soon at HN Entertainment

Nice.

Necronomicon II

Huggs

I was hoping you'd spot that on your own.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed