Predator/Predator 2

Started by ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR, Dec 30, 2019, 03:28:24 AM

Author
Predator/Predator 2 (Read 4,016 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

He rolled with that swipe pretty well, probably just barely grazed his cheek.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Exactly. Same thing with the blades to Harrigan's gut. Otherwise poor Mike would be toast, or at least disemboweled.

SiL

SiL

It's almost like it's a quick makeup effect and not an actual gash to the actor's face!

Otherwise I start a conspiracy that Mac's razor blade was actually a genetic experiment grown in a lab that he crushes against his cheek, since there's no actual cut when he's bleeding.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

There's no question that Harrigan's face was slashed and bleeding as a result, I just can't conclusively rule out bendinglight's interpretation that it was a 'bitch slap' versus a gauntlet blade swipe... meaning a Predator's finger nail/claw are theoretically sharp enough to cut Mike's face just the same.

My assumption is they were caused by the blade tips, but again due to the details of this particular swipe being unscripted and the motion blur, this very fast strike is hard to make out even via 4K frame by frame... even though it was always just a gauntlet knife fight on the page.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 13, 2020, 04:45:02 PM
There's no question that Harrigan's face was slashed and bleeding as a result, I just can't conclusively rule out bendinglight's interpretation that it was a 'bitch slap' versus a gauntlet blade swipe... meaning a Predator's finger nail/claw are theoretically sharp enough to cut Mike's face just the same.

My assumption is they were caused by the blade tips, but again due to the details of this particular swipe being unscripted and the motion blur, this very fast strike is hard to make out even via 4K frame by frame... even though it was always just a gauntlet knife fight on the page.
Sorry, the comment was more aimed at Xenomorphine saying the cut couldn't be the blades because of the effect used.

That said, I always thought he got cut by CH's claws, not the blades themselves, work absolutely nothing to support why :P

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

If true, that would be weird though, right? Motivation wise? As a Predator, why retreat to your ship gravely wounded with a limb missing, only to find out your prey has pursued you inside your ship to kill you, armed with a deadly smart-disc...

And in retaliation you try to kill Harrigan with a netgun.

When that doesn't work you 'bitch slap' him with your only available hand.

Then go back trying to kill him for the rest of the battle. ;D

SiL

SiL

If there's one thing The Predator was good for, it's showing that Predator claws and teeth are formidable weapons on their own ;D

But watching the GIF, yeah, looks more like the blades that get him.

PredBabe

PredBabe

I loved seeing that used in The Predator as well... definitely one of the cooler things featured in the movie. A last resort to the typical advanced weaponry and blades used. Fugitive looks savage in that lab escape scene. 

Looks like City Hunter is swinging with a balled up fist and has more of the back of his hand/gauntlet grazing Harrigan's face.

bendinglight

bendinglight

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 13, 2020, 04:45:02 PM

It definitely is hard to tell with the speed of the frames and the detail - while it may or may not be a 'bitch slap', I do think that the City Hunter could have dealt more damage if he really wanted to. It might be more of the shred of honor the City Hunter has in 'allowing' Harrigan to stay in the fight and go in with hand-to-hand combat - possibly increasing the worthiness of the trophy?

The Old One

The Old One

I think it's the result of the wristblades.

The Old One

The Old One

Judging by the Jungle Hunter Predator only utilizing the Plasmacaster and wristblades, perhaps it increases the worthiness of the trophy, or perhaps to a Predator it's simply based on the worthiness of the prey.

bendinglight

bendinglight

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Mar 12, 2020, 05:10:31 PM
Judging by the Jungle Hunter Predator only utilizing the Plasmacaster and wristblades, perhaps it increases the worthiness of the trophy, or perhaps to a Predator it's simply based on the worthiness of the prey.

Agreed. I feel that the more savage the engagement it is for the Predator, the more the reward. One of the cut scenes from Predator has Dutch clearly in the sights of the plasma caster where Jungle Hunter could have ended it easily but instead chose to send a warning shot - that, in my mind, is one of many examples that further adds to the 'worthiness' factor as you mentioned.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Jungle Pred only had his wristblades and shoulder cannon. City Hunter had a wider variety of weapons.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes being my point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed