Survios and 20th Century Games Officially Anounce Alien: Rogue Incursion!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2024, 05:15:13 PM

Author
Survios and 20th Century Games Officially Anounce Alien: Rogue Incursion! (Read 4,941 times)

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

"Prepare to face the unknown..." It's an Aliens game, what else is there to know?

Admittedly I would love to travel through a Space Jockey world or juggernaut in VR, just see those Giger aesthetics up close.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 04, 2024, 04:37:20 PMhttps://www.facebook.com/surviosvr/posts/pfbid0iWModgLbb1ckNJX8kqRuvcyAANXrQc6sZTU4hirVFLbiBZAoEhWf2TEJod6niF1Sl

Some new screenshots.

Well I think this is definitely pointing to the blue laser/mist being xeno in origin.. it's now in 'Alien', 'Romulus' and 'Rogue Incursion', always covering the hive or eggs. 😃👍

Neila

Quote from: Neila on Jun 03, 2024, 07:19:45 PMWasn't there a very early advertising picture that showed the original warriors from Aliens???
aha, I was wrong. From the looks of it they are the same aliens as in the trailer. They only come across a little better in the advertising picture because of the fog and the blue light (Rambo 3 ?)

As I said, the pictures look good enough for me to be interested. But I'm not completely thrilled yet.
Environment ok, aliens and eggs not so much.
(not yet)

RidgeTop

New Developer interview with Survios CPO, TQ Jefferson at IGN Live:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Absolute dead air at the Borderlands joke.  :P Good. #f**kGearboxForever

Love the sounds of the dynamic spawning system. That was always one of the strong things about Rebellion's 2000/Classic that the other games (Isolation-aside) never really did as far as I remember.

Oh, I like the awareness of catering to smaller gameplay sessions with VR, especially given the genre.

And absolutely loving his goal of people ripping the hardware off in fright. Yeah, I continue to love the sounds of this!

Neila

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 08, 2024, 08:46:45 AMAbsolute dead air at the Borderlands joke.  :P Good. #f**kGearboxForever

Love the sounds of the dynamic spawning system. That was always one of the strong things about Rebellion's 2000/Classic that the other games (Isolation-aside) never really did as far as I remember.

Oh, I like the awareness of catering to smaller gameplay sessions with VR, especially given the genre.

And absolutely loving his goal of people ripping the hardware off in fright. Yeah, I continue to love the sounds of this!
absolutely right.
I loved sitting in the basement with Rebellion's AvP 2000 (I think it was in the 2nd level as Marine) and waiting for the aliens to appear completely randomly.
Sometimes they didn't come for an eternity and then came around the corner very quickly.
That was pure stress...
Only isolation could do it so well.
All the other games were a bit boring the second time you played them through.
if this is picked up again in Rogue Incursion, all the better

axor

where was the gearbox joke? time stamp pls XD

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 08, 2024, 08:46:45 AMAbsolute dead air at the Borderlands joke.  :P Good. #f**kGearboxForever

I agree, this sounds way more positive than I initially expected - also I expect visuals will look way better in VR than they do viewed on a 2D monitor (from playing games like Resident Evil 7 etc on PSVR, the 3D and depth can really change how you see things... I know folk will be comparing what we've been shown to Alien Isolation (which is fair considering its age) but when you consider even lighting effects (rays beaming through vents on corridors etc) in full VR over 3D environments, I'm expecting this to be quite nice! 😃

Biggles

The Pulse Rifle in that image makes me sad  :'(

Corporal Hicks

aliens13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 10, 2024, 08:14:44 PMhttps://x.com/avpgalaxy/status/1800260133911425448
It's like an Cameron's inspired design with the legs of Stompy? I have to say that I'm not a fan of the design, but also I'm not a fan of the Cameron's Aliens 😅

BigChapismyBestFriend

Should have called this Aliens Rogue Incursion instead of Alien Rogue Incursion. Would have been more fitting.

BigChapismyBestFriend

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed