Katherine Waterston on Alien: Covenant 2 - "I Haven’t Heard Anything in Ages"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 24, 2018, 11:19:48 PM

Author
Katherine Waterston on Alien: Covenant 2 - "I Haven’t Heard Anything in Ages" (Read 29,663 times)

Highland

Alien 3 is the perfect ending. I must admit I don't really dig the David ending, but it's more because I thought Daniels should have got it. I felt like that cheapened her efforts.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Apr 26, 2018, 02:55:58 AM
Ripley defeated both the Alien and the Company in Alien 3.

But Hix & Noot!

SM

Partially redeemed by the end.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Shame to hear about this, regardless Happy Alien Day over here in the UK, many hours later the USA and else where will celebrate Alien Day

The Cruentus

Say what you want about Alien 3 but it tied up Ripley's arc nicely and it was a definite end.

ELDERCLANLEADER

I think alien 3 is so underrated, sure it had a troubled production but at least it tried to pull it back to its roots of being a horror film, as good and iconic as aliens was , it destroyed what was special about the first one imo , and reduced the Xeno to being something on par with a bug hunt, alien 3 tried to repair that damage and that's why I respect it.

Whos_Nick

Why are we talking about Alien 3 in a thread about the prequels being dead

The Cruentus

Context, the discussion came from talking about the ending of Covenant and comparing the ending.

maron

For me, the only way to end this prequel debacle with a sweet note is to let David create a biomechanical and gigeresque Big Chap (aka The Alien from Alien 1). Of course, not even that will happen.  ::)

And yet, the one and only abominations in this franchise are Alien:Resurrection (goddamn, that cheesy acting) and Prometheus  (no Alien and Space Jockeys ruined) at the end. Covenant (if you can let go of Cthulu stuff) is fine compared to them.

Xeno from Chino

Katherine Waterston on Alien: Covenant 2 – "I Haven't Heard Anything in Ages"

Game over, man. Game over.

Nukiemorph

And now it sounds like Alien wasn't even mentioned at Cinemacon... on Alien Day.

tleilaxu

Quote from: SM on Apr 26, 2018, 02:51:10 AM
One of my main criticisms of Covenant was the mean ending.  Danny, T and Walter being marooned would've been a preferable 'baddie wins' ending than being completely at his mercy.  I can live with a 'monster isn't dead yet' ending - which is a little like Alien with the thousands of eggs left on the planet - if the protagonists still come out on top in some respect.
That's not the way I see it. The ending was TRIUMPHANT, the alien won. Ridley might be saying stuff about AI in interviews, but Covenant is truly about the alien if you ask me. The ending of Covenant signifies the birth of a new race of beings, who are the true center of the movie, not humans or AI.

reecebomb

Quote from: maron on Apr 26, 2018, 03:56:54 PM
For me, the only way to end this prequel debacle with a sweet note is to let David create a biomechanical and gigeresque Big Chap (aka The Alien from Alien 1). Of course, not even that will happen.  ::)

No, that would be horribly unimaginative and disappointing.

SM

I think he already did that.

maron

@reecebomb

Imo, in terms of unoriginality it can't get worse after the unveiling of the Engineers. They should do something good now with David as mustache twirling bad guy, so that the Alien can somehow benefit from this.
Also, bring back Katherine Waterston as cool Queen mutant - the positive, successful equivalent to this Newborn Alien from that one movie we shall never not talk about in future and for all time.

@SM

I have heard so much of the words Neomorph and Protomorph, I presume David isn't done yet.

Neomorph: Fleshy Flesh Mutant
Protomorph: Fleshy Mutant with exosceletton
Big Chap: Mix of Life form and robot (let's say 65% biological and 35% artificial)  - a biomechanical nightmare that feels ALIEN again. A truly unique creation of David.
A....BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY *drools*....eh...yeah.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed