The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 115,862 times)

Highland

2.5 minutes is too long for a trailer. Also there were an effects company called Magee effects that had the original moulds of the predator and his recasting of it was spot on, I was going to buy one but they were mighty expensive. They no longer do it now though.

That tells me that it's more by choice rather than ability as to why the faces look different. He had replicated it perfectly, even the eyes.

skull-splitter

Makes no sense. They all try so hard to get the original predator look and they either make the mistake of misplacing the mandibles or don't spend enough time to look at the details that sold the effect of the original.

Highland

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 19, 2018, 06:07:13 AM
Makes no sense. They all try so hard to get the original predator look and they either make the mistake of misplacing the mandibles or don't spend enough time to look at the details that sold the effect of the original.

I don't think it's a mistake, it's most likely a combination of choice and lighting. The choice to make the Predator look different and the Directors style when filming. There's even a fan suit you can buy that everyone raves about that's nearly perfect.

It can be replicated, but I guess Hollywood figures we audiences always want something new ( Even the Marvel movies seem to change movie to movie).

BigDaddyJohn

"Loonies laughing ? God is this a f**king comedy ?"

Maybe i'll hear some people complaining about that too... "Prepare yourself"  :laugh:

skull-splitter

Quote from: Highland on May 19, 2018, 09:04:42 AM

I don't think it's a mistake, it's most likely a combination of choice and lighting. The choice to make the Predator look different and the Directors style when filming. There's even a fan suit you can buy that everyone raves about that's nearly perfect.

It can be replicated, but I guess Hollywood figures we audiences always want something new ( Even the Marvel movies seem to change movie to movie).
But "something new" contradicts trying to remake the classic look in each film. That was kind of the point I tried to make.

OpenMaw

Yeah, KnB tried to make "captured" look like the original Predator. Replicating the look. The only thing they really messed up were the mandibles.

ADI was basically told with Wolf to make him closer to the classic Predators, and on the whole they did a good job. Their face design still wasn't up to snuff, but at least that was obscured for the most part in the film.

ace3g

This is what the mandibles should look like from side profile.  When opened should create a square and the jaw line curves.

Funny when you see toy figures of the super predators where their mouth closes properly, makes you wish it looked like that in the movie.

These creature effect designers also get in trouble when they have the mandibles open too wide when "roaring".

Corporal Hicks

ELDERCLANLEADER

Great podcast hicks , really enjoyed this one , you basically share my view on The Predator, nice to see I'm not the only one that has faith in this film , after all the negativity it's been getting.  ;)

Highland

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 19, 2018, 03:00:05 PM

But "something new" contradicts trying to remake the classic look in each film. That was kind of the point I tried to make.

They've only tried to replicate the classic in Predators. All the other movies went for their own style. They nearly got it, but like Sil mentioned I think the movement was off, the mandibles were not quite right.

Scorpio

Quote from: ace3g on May 19, 2018, 04:41:42 PM

The most badass shot of a predator of all time.  Just nothing comes close.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 20, 2018, 12:45:09 AM
Great podcast hicks , really enjoyed this one , you basically share my view on The Predator, nice to see I'm not the only one that has faith in this film , after all the negativity it's been getting.  ;)
Oh I have had faith as well, I just just roll my eyes at all the haterade

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

skull-splitter

Quote from: Highland on May 20, 2018, 01:47:12 AM
Quote from: skull-splitter on May 19, 2018, 03:00:05 PM

They've only tried to replicate the classic in Predators. All the other movies went for their own style. They nearly got it, but like Sil mentioned I think the movement was off, the mandibles were not quite right.

I see what you're saying and having a 1:1 Predator 1 bust here for reference, but regardless of chosen style they just weren't able to replicate it. In Predator the creature opened his mouth wide just as well, but had no floppy cheeks, ever.

BishopShouldGo

Great episode guys. I agree with what Corporal said. That Predator theme and sound is necessary for Jackman to implement, whereas more musical diversity can accompany the individual Alien films.

Let's hope the final trailer does an amazing job of hyping up both fans and the casual audience alike.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed