Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 181,564 times)

Whiskeybrewer

I just want Disney to release The Sweatbox Documentary

426Buddy

Awww i was hoping the one condition was to make them keep Dark Horse for the comics. :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

lol Sports.

Wysps

The Old One

The Old One

Monopoly garbage, Alien joins the pile along with Dead Space, KOTOR, Mass Effect, Titanfall and more as franchises better than their contemporaries that will likely never return.

Not without being edited for mass appeal.

This is deeply disappointing but expected.
Bloody disgusting.

Corporal Hicks

Okay, on reading and considering it doesn't sound so instantly doom-and-gloom - scale back production doesn't 100% equate to cancelled or anything. In fact, scaled back Alien films could be a good thing. However, I just don't get the feeling that that is where this'll be going...I dunno, I just feel major bummed out about this. I'd been holding onto the hopes we'd be seeing them under another company banner.

Whos_Nick

Disney aren't spending 71 billion for Marvel characters lol they'll find places for Alien and Predator

whiterabbit

*clears throat

Game over man, game over.

The Old One

The Old One

I hope you're right Willem Dafoe.

Cihan Celikel

Maaaaan, let's all pray that The Predator will be a massive box office hit, or it just might be the last one we'll ever get! I was worried about this right from the moment the Disney takeover was announced. Just look at the MCU films for example, they obviously changed a bit since Disney took over and became more jokey and family friendly. The last one that had the more serious tone was in my opinion Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

I just joined you guys here today by the way. But I was a follower (and lurker) for many years 😀

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Aug 11, 2018, 08:36:36 AM
Disney aren't spending 71 billion for Marvel characters lol they'll find places for Alien and Predator

Nope. They also got Avatar, a huge backlog of stuff for their streaming and (I think) a nice chunk of shares in Hulu.

OpenMaw

Yeah, sorry Hicks, but I don't think your optimism is going to pay off this time.

Downsizing genre stuff sounds pretty much like "kicked into a dark room in the back and forgotten."

It doesn't fit their image, so that leaves two options. Drastically change the property, or eliminate it.

The Old One

The Old One

At least I'll never have to suffer a Neill Blomkamp Aliens Seaboot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed