When will we get an update on the possible sequel?

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Nov 22, 2019, 04:34:26 AM

When will we get an official update on the possible sequel?

Before the end of the year.
January - March 2020
April - June 2020
July - September 2020
October - December 2020
Author
When will we get an update on the possible sequel? (Read 22,105 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Voodoo Magic

Unfortunately for prequel fans, if I had to guess, I'd expect no official update on the possible sequel. Ridley will eventually say something but Disnox will not I wager. Then a new streaming series or streaming film will unofficially close that door.

Local Trouble

I expect them to offer us nothing.  Not even the fee for the gaming license.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 25, 2019, 09:36:50 PM
Unfortunately for prequel fans, if I had to guess, I'd expect no official update on the possible sequel. Ridley will eventually say something but Disnox will not I wager. Then a new streaming series or streaming film will unofficially close that door.
Exactly what I'm expecting, which is really frustrating.  Waiting for years and being strung along to ultimately get nothing.

And I'm sure if Ridley gets asked during upcoming press tours, we'll get more of the same: "We're having discussions."

It would be nice if the soft reboot announcement came with a "By the way, we're going to commission a novel/comic to bring closure to the prequels." just to acknowledge that us prequel fans exist.  But with how loud the detractors are on Twitter, I don't expect that.

Local Trouble

I'm not even on Twitter.

The Old One

The Old One

On getting a final Prequel?
We may yet Mr Frodo, we may.

Evanus

How long?
Impossible to say.

What if it's no better than the previous films?
So long as it is no worse.

:P

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 26, 2019, 11:38:21 AM
On getting a final Prequel?
We may yet Mr Frodo, we may.

How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand, there is no going back?

Kradan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 25, 2019, 07:18:03 PM
Yeah, that would be kind of poetic I guess.

Indeed .

Ash 937

I wonder if the next one will be worse than Prometheus or worse than Covenant.  *shm*

Kradan

I hope not

The Old One

The Old One

I hope it's the best of them,
So we end up with:
Alien > Carpathia > Aliens > AlienĀ³ >  Covenant- and so on.

Highland

Cancelled - Straight to TV to sell more Disney TV passes when the Mando is finished.

To be honest, that's the option I'd choose anyway.

The Old One

The Old One

Let me tell you why that's the incorrect option, for now anyway, because Disney+ isn't available anywhere but North America. That means the majority of people watching it at the minute, yes, pirates. So, I'm not sure I see a lot of people being interested if the last Prequel is "straight to Blu-ray" so to speak. I'd take that over nothing, but more profit is certainly a possibility if it's just budgeted and marketed right, and lean on something the newer Alien films lack- since 1986 and 1992 anyway, intelligent characters.

Highland

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 28, 2019, 07:08:25 AM
Let me tell you why that's the incorrect option, for now anyway, because Disney+ isn't available anywhere but North America. That means the majority of people watching it at the minute, yes, pirates. So, I'm not sure I see a lot of people being interested if the last Prequel is "straight to Blu-ray" so to speak. I'd take that over nothing, but more profit is certainly a possibility if it's just budgeted and marketed right, and lean on something the newer Alien films lack- since 1986 and 1992 anyway, intelligent characters.

I'm not sure Disney care because launching without it being in multiple regions is quite silly anyway, especially when your big ticket item is well...quite big. 

I think Fassbender would be game for TV and honestly I think it's a more likely option given the success of streaming TV. You'll get more people buying Disney + passes than cinema tickets. Pirates are still gona pirate a movie, particularly a movie that's off the back of two mediocre outings.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed