Danny McBride discusses Alien Covenant with Rolling Stone magazine

Started by BonesawT101, Jul 06, 2016, 03:19:33 PM

Author
Danny McBride discusses Alien Covenant with Rolling Stone magazine (Read 45,106 times)

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

You're shooting Alien: Covenant right now. What can you tell us about it?

I'm the pilot of the spaceship Covenant, which is a colonization ship, searching for a planet where we might start life anew. I run the ship.

Are you in a harness for eight hours a day, yelling at a green screen?

No, I didn't know if it would be all green screen, but most of the stuff is practical effects: when you're running from an alien it's really a dude in an alien suit coming after you! The sets are incredible and you're in them: We go through some inclement weather at one point on the spaceship and this whole gigantic set is on a gimbal, shaking up and down. You don't have to use your imagination.

What's the most impressive thing about Ridley Scott?

He's got so much energy, and he shoots everything with four cameras. We move through stuff fast. When I got here some people said, "Oh man, he does two takes, three takes, tops," but I love it. It creates this attitude on set of, like, "You better f**king come with it because you've got two shots — you better bring it."

Original article is on their website, and for some reason I can't copy it, plus the interview pasted oddly but you get the idea. That's everything that is Covenant related.

BishopShouldGo

Danny will be a worthy successor to Tom and Idris. ;D

BonesawT101

Really pleased that there will be a live practical Alien in the movie, just like the original!

Pvt. Himmel

This is going to be good!! 8)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I'm kinda surprised he's not the ship's botanist or demolitions expert.

Looks like you were right about him being the pilot of the ship Corporal. Although the fact that he "runs" it could also imply that he's the captain as well.

Also good to hear that we'll be getting dudes in suits again.

NickisSmart

Tom was the captain, though. Pilot could be something like Ferro from aliens

Scorpio

QuoteI'm the pilot of the spaceship Covenant, which is a colonization ship, searching for a planet where we might start life anew.

I really like how they are exploring this.  It wasn't really touched on in Aliens how or why they set up a colony on that planet.  Maybe there are lots of these ships searching for planets in the Alien universe.  Exciting possibilities.

acrediblesource

"when you're running from an alien it's really a dude in an alien suit coming after you"
:o which means...holy cow!

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jul 06, 2016, 05:11:41 PM
"when you're running from an alien it's really a dude in an alien suit coming after you"
:o which means...holy cow!
Yep it means
Spoiler
Impregnation Time.
[close]
:o

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 06, 2016, 03:39:55 PM
Looks like you were right about him being the pilot of the ship Corporal. Although the fact that he "runs" it could also imply that he's the captain as well.

Yay for me!  ;D He could definitely be both. I'd buy into a pilot/captain role.

QuoteAlso good to hear that we'll be getting dudes in suits again.

Pairs up quite nicely with the hand we saw today.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 06, 2016, 03:39:55 PM
I'm kinda surprised he's not the ship's botanist or demolitions expert.

Also good to hear that we'll be getting dudes in suits again.

T Dog

So he's the pilot/captain who will insist everybody smoke some green after hibernation!!!!!!

Corporal Hicks

I feel like McBride wont be playing any overt comic relief.

NickisSmart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 07, 2016, 07:24:29 AM

It would be interesting to see him play a serious role. He knows a lot of about film, too, and I think he respects Scott a lot, and will want to try and do the best possible job that he can; it's not everyday you get to be in a Scott movie, after all.

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 07, 2016, 07:24:29 AM
Well I wasn't implying so with the marijuana use. Wasn't there a suggesting that it was to be used medicinally when the crew come out of hibernation. The captain would insist they all consume it for there own well being!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed