Alien 3 – Paranoia in Pinewood - Blog by Ralph Brown

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 13, 2016, 07:18:26 PM

Author
Alien 3 – Paranoia in Pinewood - Blog by Ralph Brown (Read 47,786 times)

SM

SM

QuoteTo be fair, Ward's "writing it in" consists of little more than Ripley arriving on the planet, already alone, and saying, "Yeah, they died," which to me is hardly more conclusive than Red and Twohy offing them all before the story starts. Although I guess to be fair it's more implied with them.

Fasano has a passage detailing blood stains in Newt's cryotube.

One thing I didn't appreciate until I was watching some of Alien 3 on TV the other night, was how many scenes Ralph Brown had to do with just Weaver or Weaver and one or two others.  Can't have been comfortable for someone who's being hostile (whatever the reasons for that were) coupled with the filmmakers not being able to decide what you're character is supposed to be.

Beatnation

I hope SW stays on Marvel Netflix shows and JC's Avatar for ever, I'm done with all her shit.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Oct 18, 2016, 09:22:06 PM
Fasano has a passage detailing blood stains in Newt's cryotube.

Does he admit that it makes no sense?

SM

It implies an Alien got on the EEV and killed Newt in her sleep.

Makes about as much sense as the final film.

Whiskeybrewer

Didnt the Alien mock Ripley with Newts dead body in one of the scripts? It was either the Ward/ Fasano draft or just the Fasano draft after

markweatherill

Well.... It all sounds perfectly HORRENDOUS, luvvie! I'm sure Ralph Brown's idea of Aaron having a fight with the alien would have been just FABULOUS though.

HuDaFuK

I doubt he literally meant punching it in the face...

Originally it was him who held the creature inside the mold so Ripley could get out, not Dillon. He was probably referring to that.

Kel G 426

QuoteHey!  It occurs to me, perhaps she wants to f**k me !

She should be so lucky.

He had my sympathy until he said this.

HuDaFuK

British sarcasm might be lost on you there.

Whiskeybrewer

He survivied in so many versions of the script. In one he was the only survivor i think and in another he was carted off chained to some "Surviving Prisoners" lol

This is the Schrodinger's Cat of movies lol. Is he alive, is he dead? lol

Kel G 426

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 31, 2016, 09:12:57 AM
British sarcasm might be lost on you there.

Or it might not.

Either way, it was a dumb guy thing to say.

SM

It's self deprecating.

Speaking of Pinewood, I was watching Last Crusade just now and somehow someone nicked the spiral staircase from the Venice library at Elstree and used it in Alien 3.

If anyone wants it now they'll need to talk to Lance Henriksen.

BishopShouldGo

"God will take care of you now sister!"

"...no!"

"Pour the lead."

So much angst from the actual Sigourney poured into her deliveries.

oduodu

http://www.empireonline.com/features/alien-3-tale-of-the-wooden-planet/

Found this article a while back. Seems weaver just wanted Ripley to die and end the series. She says in the article that playing an alien movie is like giving birth.

Form this article it seems Twohy was instructed by fox to write Ripley into the story.

As for the OP link article I like what  Fincher said about fox being 18th century fox.

And thanks for the article OP  was a nice read.

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Oct 24, 2016, 10:21:21 PM
It implies an Alien got on the EEV and killed Newt in her sleep.

Makes about as much sense as the final film.

They really struggled with opening Alien 3. I don't get why. I really don't. Aliens made it seem so easy by comparison.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 15, 2016, 09:43:34 PM
No reason they couldn't have gone back to the formula of 'Alien' and set it aboard a space station for much the same reason. 'Alien 3' doesn't really gain anything by being set on a planet.

Well, lack of an airlock. You can't just "blow the f*cker out into space."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed