Alien returns to UK cinemas for 40th anniversary celebration screenings

Started by Ingwar, Jan 08, 2019, 09:00:07 PM

Author
Alien returns to UK cinemas for 40th anniversary celebration screenings (Read 19,957 times)

Whiskeybrewer

With all this talk, it seems we need to do a Fan Cut lol

Elmazalman

The original 1979 theatrical version is the ideal cut. I wish the 2003 re-edit wasn't so disappointing.

If the original 2003 re-edit (with everthing thrown back in, before the director pruned it back) still exists, I would love to see that get a home video release.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jan 10, 2019, 08:04:27 PM
If the original 2003 re-edit (with everthing thrown back in, before the director pruned it back) still exists, I would love to see that get a home video release.

I've never heard of that version.  Does it fix the pacing issues and flesh out the characters?

Elmazalman

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 10, 2019, 08:06:06 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Jan 10, 2019, 08:04:27 PM

I've never heard of that version.  Does it fix the pacing issues and flesh out the characters?
This version had everything back in. I doubt it fixed the pacing. The additional footage may have fleshed out characterisation.

I think this version also included unreleased material in addition to the deleted scenes / outtakes from the various home video releases

irn

I wish they'd re-release Alien 3 to theatres. It's the only one out of the whole franchise I've not seen on the big screen.

Elmazalman

Quote from: irn on Jan 10, 2019, 08:51:01 PM
I wish they'd re-release Alien 3 to theatres. It's the only one out of the whole franchise I've not seen on the big screen.
Which version?

reecebomb

I'd like to see both Aliens and Alien 3. Alien:Resurrection i saw at least four times and saw Alien 3 in an illegal basement cinema showing bad quality vhs copy with typically monotone Russian voice over, but that added to the murkiness.
Saw Alien couple years ago when the Covenant came out, but the experience was surprisingly underwhelming, dunno why. Maybe seeing Prometheus took something away and the space jockey scene no longer was as effective.

Blade Runner on a huge screen in a packed cinema couple months ago was great though.

Elmazalman

My cinema viewing of ALIEN was spoiled by people arriving 10-20 mins after the film's start. Very inconsiderate.

Corporal Hicks

whiskybar123

I actually came here to ask if anyone knew which version it will be. After reading some of the comments I'm going to watch the Theatrical Cut tonight on blu-ray as Ive always watched DC.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Local Trouble

Will you be there to represent in your finest AvPG swag?

Roby

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2019, 09:02:34 PM
Will you be there to represent in your finest AvPG swag?

Ha. I'm sure I'll be there in some AvPG shirt or something.

Quote from: Roby on Feb 13, 2019, 12:29:47 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2019, 10:50:23 PM
It isn't.

Do you know what the "watch" is?!

Yep.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed