First Marvel Collection Revealed

Started by Russ840, Aug 19, 2020, 07:48:02 PM

Author
First Marvel Collection Revealed (Read 51,556 times)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 05, 2020, 04:13:49 PM
The other obvious effect this could have on any of Marvel's future Alien/Predator comics is that if they ever finally did wise up and offer Tristan Jones a job at this point he might feel very well inclined to just tell them to take a hike.

And given how with all the exposure this has gotten so far it would be a tad hard for them to claim ignorance of the whole thing, I can't say I'd blame him.

Giving Tristan a job at Marvel would be the best thing that could come out of this.  The media attention he is getting now is very helpful for his cause.  This should not make things awkward at Marvel.  It would be a step forward for Marvel.  Marvel has taken up the causes of the black community, the gay community and women's equality, so perhaps the next step is to respect the intellectual property rights of the artist community.  It would stand to reason.

426Buddy

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 05, 2020, 04:23:24 PM
The other obvious effect this could have on any of Marvel's future Alien/Predator comics is that if they ever finally did wise up and offer Tristan Jones a job at this point he might feel very well inclined to just tell them to take a hike.

And given how with all the exposure this has gotten so far it would be a tad hard for them to claim ignorance of the whole thing, I can't say I'd blame him.

Giving Tristan a job at Marvel would be the best thing that could come out of this.  The media attention he is getting now is very helpful for his cause.  This should not make things awkward at Marvel.  It would be a step forward for Marvel.  Marvel has taken up the causes of the black community, the gay community and women's equality, so perhaps the next step is to respect the intellectual property rights of the artist community.  It would stand to reason.

My point is, if they don't lift a finger to do anything about his work being blatantly stolen why would he want to work for them?

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

All I could see was whil3

SM

SM

Or it backfires and T ends up getting seen as 'difficult'.

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 05, 2020, 04:25:17 PM

My point is, if they don't lift a finger to do anything about his work being blatantly stolen why would he want to work for them?

Man's gotta eat.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Sep 05, 2020, 10:45:18 PM

This.  There is no "intellectual property" issue here, he was drawing something FOX (Disney) owns.

Kane's other son

What Land did was a shitty thing but he copied drawings owned by Marvel, quite possibly with Marvel's permission.

tyrannosaurusjones

Quote from: SM on Sep 05, 2020, 10:45:18 PM

Yeah, this is something I've been battling with. It's not my intention at all to be seen as this. I don't actually WANT anything from Marvel except for this to just NOT happen to anyone else.

Would I come back to work on Alien? Yes. Would I do Predator? Yes. But the day Dark Horse lost that, I moved on emotionally. I'll always have those stories in my back pocket. But at this point it's all incredibly disheartening, demeaning and flat out insulting. And that's all on Greg. The guys at Marvel have fires to put out constantly, and maybe you could argue that one dude that hired Greg to do this in collections is vaguely responsible in a round about way, but this is on Greg as far as I'm concerned.

SM

SM

Hope you are otherwise well considering we'll be locked down a bit longer, yet.  :)

tyrannosaurusjones

Ah, this barely affects me. It sucks because it affects everyone else I know and it's making life difficult for the shop, but we'll get there. We have to really. How's it going on your end?

Local Trouble

Hopefully Marvel hires the real deal and stops throwing work to that kleptomaniac.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Sep 06, 2020, 06:57:47 AM
Hope you are otherwise well considering we'll be locked down a bit longer, yet.  :)
Hope you're all OK down there :( Just waiting for the idiots to sink QLD soon.

SM

SM

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Sep 06, 2020, 11:58:56 PM
Ah, this barely affects me. It sucks because it affects everyone else I know and it's making life difficult for the shop, but we'll get there. We have to really. How's it going on your end?

Same old, same old.  The First Lady and I are fortunate that we have jobs that allow us to work from home, and I do not miss the commute at all, so it can go for a bit longer as far as I'm concerned.  However as you said, it's all the people who aren't as lucky as us who are being more affected and the wider knock on problems from that.

Quote from: SiL on Sep 07, 2020, 01:06:50 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 06, 2020, 06:57:47 AM
Hope you're all OK down there :( Just waiting for the idiots to sink QLD soon.

I dunno, you guys have open a lot longer than us and it seems like it's not getting out of control.  Be interesting to see what happens with the border restrictions with the election coming up.

Local Trouble

I keep waiting for Alien Theory to post a video denouncing Greg Land's plagiarism, but I don't see one yet.  :-\

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Sep 07, 2020, 01:29:04 AM
I dunno, you guys have open a lot longer than us and it seems like it's not getting out of control.
We have way lower population density. It seems to be creeping down from Brisbane at the moment -- just waiting for it to hit the GC properly and I'm done.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed