"Near the end of this century we’re in” - FX CEO Landgraf Talks Time Setting

Started by TheBATMAN, Feb 17, 2022, 06:45:08 PM

Author
"Near the end of this century we’re in” - FX CEO Landgraf Talks Time Setting (Read 24,305 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Local Trouble

This entire project has just been one big ice cream advertisement as far as I'm concerned.

Immortan Jonesy

I'm going to buy ice cream or not once I see the final product.

Kradan

Kailem

Things I like about this: definitively retconning David creating the Alien.

Things I don't like about this: literally every other way this would screw with continuity, not to mention limit the scope of what the show could do.

I'm really hoping this is just "producer speak" akin to "this is the first time the Predators have ever been on Earth" and that they ultimately end up setting it post-Alien 3, because I just can't see any good reason why they'd want to create so many unnecessary problems for themselves - both in terms of ultimately having to make it match up with the films' continuity, but also limiting what they're going to be able to do, and what the audience is going to know has to happen by the end of it - by setting it in the Prometheus era.

[cancerblack]

Kradan

Oh yeah, after she basically proclaimed her unbreakeble love towards Hawley's previous work

At least that's the way I remember it

Local Trouble

I predict she'll love it more than Legion and Hannibal combined.

Kradan

[cancerblack]

If it's as good as Hannibal I'll take back all my pessimism and bitching.

Spoiler
It won't be though
[close]

David Weyland

I'd be disappointed & surprised if Ridley Scott would attach his name to this series & allow them to go on to trash his Prequels, so while I can't square the circle yet of how, seems it's going to be on its own terms with the mention in the quotes of no other previous characters from the franchise in this either.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: David Weyland on Feb 17, 2022, 09:46:24 PM
I'd be disappointed & surprised if Ridley Scott would attach his name to this series & allow them to go on to trash his Prequels, so while I can't square the circle yet of how, seems it's going to be on its own terms with the mention in the quotes of no other previous characters from the franchise in this either.

Perhaps the surprise is Michael Fassbender playing another android/character.  :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Kailem on Feb 17, 2022, 09:26:36 PM
I'm really hoping this is just "producer speak" akin to "this is the first time the Predators have ever been on Earth" and that they ultimately end up setting it post-Alien 3, because I just can't see any good reason why they'd want to create so many unnecessary problems for themselves - both in terms of ultimately having to make it match up with the films' continuity, but also limiting what they're going to be able to do, and what the audience is going to know has to happen by the end of it - by setting it in the Prometheus era.

Kailem

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 17, 2022, 09:52:54 PM
Quote from: Kailem on Feb 17, 2022, 09:26:36 PM

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.2910023398.4275/st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

For real, at this point. But hey, at least the silver lining will be Covenant being well and truly retconned into oblivion! :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed