Overpowered Classes/Underpowered/Balanced Classes?

Started by Inverse Effect, Oct 01, 2021, 09:09:17 PM

Author
Overpowered Classes/Underpowered/Balanced Classes? (Read 1,162 times)

Inverse Effect

Gunner is probably Overpowered. With the right Perks, the ability to unload at super crazy fire rates and reload time you can make it last twice as long and provide other benefits. You can down elite Aliens in seconds. And to top it off you have a constant 20% damage boost at all times more or less.

'd say the Demolisher is Underpowered. The passive is never at full strength, and the micro rockets are less effective than chucking out a Gunners Flame Grenade. And he provides no team bonuses or perks which is what you kinda need on harder difficulty modes to survive.

Balanced class i'd say is the technician. Flame turret can be crazy strong, and the electric sticks are useful too. Being limited to shotguns and SMGs hampers long-range effectiveness though. But a good technician and a turret placement can make a good difference.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Yeah, Gunner overclock + pump shotgun turns it into a machine gun that melts boss aliens even on insane, just have the whole team using that. The meta for Insane is Gunner cus damage, Tech cus the coils slow aliens down + flame turret damage then Recon cus the drone gives ammo which you lose a lot due to Overclock + the pups thats spot enemies which slows them and do more damage while the wallhack is active.

When I started I went for Demolisher cus he looked like the class to go for damage but he is not, Gunner is just better, those heavy explosive weapons can do good vs waves of aliens but they are terrible on higher difficulties due to the friendly fire damage. And the heavy weapons run out of ammo fast, need a Recon in your squad to maximize them. With the ammo hoarder card he might work better though.

Doc can help up to Extreme but above that damage is more important, you don't need a healer if your are melting aliens with crazy damage before they can touch you. In lower difficulties the Doc can become an overpowered tank with that perk that gives him extra 150 hp every time he gets hit after 10 seconds. You take 20 damage per example, you get 150 in return, you can keep doing that until his hp extra bar goes up to 5000 hp. On Insane the damage from enemies is just too high to abuse that perk.

Phalanx... I didnt even bother trying it on high difficulties, I didnt feel like the perks and builds I made would be effective, the other ones are just better. Damage, slowing aliens, ammoa and spotting are just more usefull than anything he has to offer.

Xhan

Quote from: Inverse Effect on Oct 01, 2021, 09:09:17 PM
Gunner is probably Overpowered. With the right Perks, the ability to unload at super crazy fire rates and reload time you can make it last twice as long and provide other benefits. You can down elite Aliens in seconds. And to top it off you have a constant 20% damage boost at all times more or less.

'd say the Demolisher is Underpowered. The passive is never at full strength, and the micro rockets are less effective than chucking out a Gunners Flame Grenade. And he provides no team bonuses or perks which is what you kinda need on harder difficulty modes to survive.

Balanced class i'd say is the technician. Flame turret can be crazy strong, and the electric sticks are useful too. Being limited to shotguns and SMGs hampers long-range effectiveness though. But a good technician and a turret placement can make a good difference.

You have clearly never cleared Insane or Extreme.

Inverse Effect

Yesi  have. Currently playing throug hthe game on extreme

VeteranSergeant

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 02, 2021, 05:01:19 PM
When I started I went for Demolisher cus he looked like the class to go for damage but he is not,
The game would play so much more intuitively if the Gunner and Demolisher class abilities were switched.  Shoulder Rockets could have been "Grenade Launcher" (just have the Rifle models gain a grenade launcher when equipped by a Gunner), and they would have a clear job as a Crowd Controller. 

The Demolisher should have had slightly better damage for the Smartgun (and later, minigun), and then been based purely on damage output with Overclock and a little crowd control with the Grenade ability.

Instead you have a weird situation where the Smartgunner just feels like they should be clearing trash mobs while the Gunner is the real damage output guy when it comes to Specials and Elites.

Samhain13

Samhain13

So I changed my mind about the Demolisher, at least with a perk combinations I did I made him work. 1.5 million damage on Extreme Campaign, doing more than the 2 other players together, he is capable of replacing Gunner in regards to damage if you can always have the damage boost of the Clear the Room up through hitting a lot of enemies the Rockets + Minigun + Recon to give you ammo, I destroyed waves of aliens and Bosses with my Minigun build.

And he can be more usefull than the Gunner on Insane Horde, which is harder than Campaign since you can't hold the aliens in a door like in the missions, the Rockets are good to clear the horde of small aliens which are the main reason people die on Horde, just being overrun and bodyblocked to death. The Gunner is great vs bosses but he can't clear lots of runners/bursters fast like the Demolisher. Plus Minigun with the full damage stack (25%) saves vs the bosses.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed