Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 107,454 times)

Katanu

Katanu

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 30, 2020, 05:00:38 PM
Quote from: Katanu on May 30, 2020, 03:24:25 PM
Yesterday I got the Plague mask in one of the lockers, but it's still locked when I try to use it. That happened to anyone? Am I missing something?

You got the mask or one of the color shaders for it? Its a separate item, you need to unlock the default mask first tô bem able to change to ones of the shaders.

That's problably what it was, thanks man!

On a side note, I really suck at playing as the Predator. Just finished a game where I couldn't even locate the fireteam, they finished their mission an escaped, and our paths never even crossed. Any tips on that?

Kailem

Press right on the d-pad while in thermal vision to send out a target locator pulse that shows any un-mudded fire team members as a red dot (the smaller white ones are boar that you can kill and eat for health).

It has a long cooldown though so you can't use it all the time. Try to do it as soon as you can when the match starts to give you an idea of where the fire team is and where they're coming from.

If you don't get hits when you use it because the players are mudded, try heading to one of the main compounds to see if they're there. If there are still live NPC soldiers walking around, they're probably not nearby. Also keep an eye out for sound blips when you're using thermal vision mode, as they indicate weapons fire, as well as small flocks of birds that can fly off when disturbed by players (again easiest to see in thermal vision).

Katanu

I used the locator pulse yesterday and ended up chasing a pig, didn't know there was a difference between their signals.  :P
Thanks for the tips, I'll try again today.

SuperiorIronman

Tips for locating fireteam members;

1. Target pulse as this will also show nearby pigs. Note that it wont work on those covered in mud.
2. Set traps (bear traps in front of respawn or in locations with mission objectives will tell you where the trap was sprung).
3. Set a motion detector in areas you know fireteams pass through.
4. The hearbeat sensor thing in thermal isn't just for show, you can actually use that to find fireteam members. It will pulse when you're getting closer.
5. Predators spawn across the map relative to the team. More often than not you'll be in-front of the fireteam so essentially pressing forward will pretty much bring you right to them.

Most of all run private matches to familiarize yourself with the maps and mission objectives. If you haven't already, use this as an excuse to grind weapon levels, currency, and OWLF logs.

Katanu

Thanks, I'll try using those tips. Unfortunately I can't run private maches because I don't have any friends playing the game. Maybe I can join in private maches with member here.

I'm trying to play as Predator to improve, but...

::)

Gave up after a 20 minutes wait. I'll go with no preference and hope for a Predator.

JokersWarPig

I've noticed if the que time exceeds the estimated wait by 2 minutes its best to quit the search and try again. It's worked for me as both Pred and FT.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, since the Dutch DLC my usual Pred wait time is 2-3+ Minutes. If it exceeds 5 minutes I know somethings wrong and subsequently cancel.

Kailem

It's a bit of a shame that it does seem like the reason the Predator matchmaking got so good after the patch was just the release of Dutch and not because they fixed anything. The last couple of nights I've definitely noticed it slipping back towards the old pre-patch wait times (though still thankfully they're still not quite that bad......yet).

shadowedge

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 01, 2020, 04:13:48 PM
It's a bit of a shame that it does seem like the reason the Predator matchmaking got so good after the patch was just the release of Dutch and not because they fixed anything. The last couple of nights I've definitely noticed it slipping back towards the old pre-patch wait times (though still thankfully they're still not quite that bad......yet).

I noticed that too. Predator wait times are back to normal now that the Dutch DLC has been out for a while.

Voodoo Magic

More human DLC will help. Harrigan, Royce, Isabelle, the true warrior Rory McKenna.  8)

Ugh, I just had a thought. Wait till the Alpha Predator comes out. Watch those Predator wait times then.  :P

Kailem

"Estimated wait time: tomorrow."

JokersWarPig

I could definitely get behind a Royce DLC.

Voodoo Magic

Yup!

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 01, 2020, 07:43:15 PM
"Estimated wait time: tomorrow."

:laugh:

and

:'(

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 01, 2020, 06:12:37 PM
More human DLC will help. Harrigan, Royce, Isabelle, the true warrior Rory McKenna.  8)

Kailem

Kailem

I just had a second match in a few days that I just had to straight-up close app on because the framerate took an absolute shit.

Before the latest patch when playing as Predator on PS4 the game would often freeze for several seconds, but now it's even worse. Instead of just freezing and then going back to normal, which is bad enough as it is, the framerate literally drops to 1 or 2 frames per second and just stays that way. I was destroying the fire team when it happened (and they were actually talking to, so it was fun!), and after that it just never went back to normal. I wasn't even in a fight but I had no choice but to close the game because I couldn't do anything, let alone aim, fight, run etc. It became a slideshow.

More than anything else they need to get on a fix to that asap, because it's literally rendering the game unplayable when it happens, and now it's no longer just been a one-off occurrence.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed