Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 103,595 times)

AnthaiHero

Whose knife is this suppose to be? It doesn't resemble Billy or Dutch's. I pulled it at level 50.

SuperiorIronman

Anybody able to get the trophy "So Close, Yet so far"? I'm on my potentially fourth success and the trophy hasn't unlocked. I really don't know what gives about this one, I'm convinced its bugged.

Alien Grand Master

After playing my first day of just a solid fire team I notice that levels 5 - 20 are really easy for the fire team.  I was never even downed until like lvl 14.  Predators only started winning occasionally after level 20, usually by ambushing one person with the sword, then rushing the rest of the team down.  I noticed that 3v1 is surprisingly very possible.  In one 3v1 match, we even killed the predator without any losses.  I am at level 27 now so there are more power spikes to come I assume. 

Another thing I notice is that PC players have a fairly big advantage compared to PS4 players.  I am on PC and routinely get the highest score when I play with other players who are using the console.  I think this is maybe obvious, but if you had a whole fire team of PC players vs a PS4 predator its going to be a world of hurt for the predator.

AnthaiHero

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 01, 2020, 01:48:41 AM
Anybody able to get the trophy "So Close, Yet so far"? I'm on my potentially fourth success and the trophy hasn't unlocked. I really don't know what gives about this one, I'm convinced its bugged.

We're you able to kill all 4 while they were waiting? I killed 3 and it didn't unlock. Was wondering if it needed to be the whole team.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Alien Grand Master on May 01, 2020, 03:52:54 AM
After playing my first day of just a solid fire team I notice that levels 5 - 20 are really easy for the fire team.  I was never even downed until like lvl 14.  Predators only started winning occasionally after level 20, usually by ambushing one person with the sword, then rushing the rest of the team down.  I noticed that 3v1 is surprisingly very possible.  In one 3v1 match, we even killed the predator without any losses.  I am at level 27 now so there are more power spikes to come I assume. 

Another thing I notice is that PC players have a fairly big advantage compared to PS4 players.  I am on PC and routinely get the highest score when I play with other players who are using the console.  I think this is maybe obvious, but if you had a whole fire team of PC players vs a PS4 predator its going to be a world of hurt for the predator.

You'll soon notice a shift around level 40 where the entire mechanic of fireteam upper hand vs predator reverse.
Even 4v1 seems unfair for some characters/weapons combination (berzerker + combistick).
Scout has potential if there are no snipers on the map.

And yes the cross play is a bit of a pain.
I never thought PS4 would be a problem at the beginning (kind of the old cliché of PC vs Consoles) but after a few games I've noticed that a Predator on PC (or the opposite an entire fireteam on PC vs a PS4 predator) usually has the upper hand, so I guess there's something going on with controls.
Are the key mapped well for the PS4 and do most people change the sensibility of their controller?
Or maybe it's the connection that is slower but I noticed delays reaction (and little attention to sounds) from PS4 players.
I suppose for the sound it comes to the design of the console that has it in the room on a big TV with high volume while PC players tend to sit closer and use headphones giving much better spatial sense.

Alien Grand Master

Quote from: Le Celticant on May 01, 2020, 08:31:31 AM
Quote from: Alien Grand Master on May 01, 2020, 03:52:54 AM

You'll soon notice a shift around level 40 where the entire mechanic of fireteam upper hand vs predator reverse.
Even 4v1 seems unfair for some characters/weapons combination (berzerker + combistick).
Scout has potential if there are no snipers on the map.

And yes the cross play is a bit of a pain.
I never thought PS4 would be a problem at the beginning (kind of the old cliché of PC vs Consoles) but after a few games I've noticed that a Predator on PC (or the opposite an entire fireteam on PC vs a PS4 predator) usually has the upper hand, so I guess there's something going on with controls.
Are the key mapped well for the PS4 and do most people change the sensibility of their controller?
Or maybe it's the connection that is slower but I noticed delays reaction (and little attention to sounds) from PS4 players.
I suppose for the sound it comes to the design of the console that has it in the room on a big TV with high volume while PC players tend to sit closer and use headphones giving much better spatial sense.

Aiming and movement, in general, is a lot easier with a mouse and keyboard. 

I am at level 37 now, and its probably about 8/10 times the fireteam gets out alive.  One time my entire fireteam disconnected and I had to solo the last few objectives, but I managed to get out and kill the predator before dusting off in a chopper, very fun.  Still haven't played the predator yet lol.

I am finding that the best perks are the Predator Bane one, the mud one, and the tough skin one.  Seems like with the mud perk you can stealth the predator pretty good, but you have to be one your own or else your team will give you away.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AnthaiHero on May 01, 2020, 01:06:48 AM
Whose knife is this suppose to be? It doesn't resemble Billy or Dutch's. I pulled it at level 50.

It looks very similar to the knife owned by the legendary Colonel John Matrix, who also did major kinds of damage in Val Verde!

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: AnthaiHero on May 01, 2020, 04:38:05 AM

We're you able to kill all 4 while they were waiting? I killed 3 and it didn't unlock. Was wondering if it needed to be the whole team.

Full team killed on my end. I'm genuinely unsure of what I'm doing wrong.

razeak

I'm have ng fun but I've hardly played the predator.. my son has played it more and he's not too bad and wiping teams.

AnthaiHero

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 01, 2020, 01:10:15 PM
Quote from: AnthaiHero on May 01, 2020, 04:38:05 AM

Full team killed on my end. I'm genuinely unsure of what I'm doing wrong.

Just got it. I downed all 4 and collected skulls from two before the match ended.  The other two were still crawling around so they weren't completely dead.

Kailem

Me, Voodoo and Ridgetop played a match last night where I ended up going full Dutch at the end:

Sorry you guys had to die, but I doubt I'll ever be able to top that as my personal best fireteam moment! :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

You hit 2 parries?! Madness!

Kailem

Yeah I definitely got really lucky there!

I found it easier to try parrying with the left trigger when I had the knife out rather than clicking the melee button, but given that half the time the Predator is hitting you before you even know he's there it's not something you can even do if you're trying to parry while using a gun.

But yeah, I'm happy that at least at the one time when it mattered most I was actually able to win a parry battle! :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

I've been finding it easier to parry on the PC too. I think it's just that damn stick-click.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on May 07, 2020, 02:55:29 AM
Me, Voodoo and Ridgetop played a match last night where I ended up going full Dutch at the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvToeO8E8tk

Sorry you guys had to die, but I doubt I'll ever be able to top that as my personal best fireteam moment! :laugh:

I was blabbing away with Ridgetop until I stopped and said wait, what did I just see?!!  :laugh:

I have yet to down a Predator with a knife. Clearly the CIA has me pushing too many pencils.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed