Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps - A Cooperative Board Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2018, 08:13:35 AM

Author
Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps - A Cooperative Board Game (Read 35,906 times)

[cancerblack]

I remember talking about something related to this with you before, and unless I'm misremembering, you have some experience painting models right? If I get the time today I'll dig out a brown NECA warrior and paint one up to match it, and pass the recipe on to you.

Although any pics will be potato-tier.

Dingbat

Thank you, that's very nice of you to help me.

I do have experience painting models, I do have a decent amount of wargaming stuff, it's just that my best is "Getting the paint on the right area"

[cancerblack]

No problem. I assembled and primed one but haven't done the colours yet. I'm having some nasty pain problems at the moment so it may take me a day or two to actually get it finished. When I do, I'll post the method alongside which paints I used with both branded and generic names (ie; scorched brown/chocolate brown).

[cancerblack]

Alright, I got this done a couple days ago, and have been trying to get this burner phone to take a half way decent picture or two since then. But without a macro setting or even manual focus, it just isn't happening. My next post will be a very detailed (by necessity, since there's no pictures) step by step on how I got it looking like a NECA brown warrior.

Dingbat

Thank you!  I've got 8 out of 12 glued so far.

Dingbat

I think I finally found a way to make a 28mm Call from Alien Resurrection!

This upcoming set from Wargames Atlantic has the right head, weaponry and bodies:

Mattyjetman

Base game is coming back in June this year, and..... new content later this year!

https://www.gf9games.com/aliens/1690/theyre-back/

Corporal Hicks

Excellent news! I'd really enjoyed this one.

Wweyland

Still have mine boxed on a shelf, waiting to be assembled. One day...

Corporal Hicks

Mattyjetman

Very cool! Looks like the new alien figures will have different roles in the expansion. On their bases they are labelled Brute, Guard, Skulker and Scout.

[cancerblack]

I wonder if they'll actually sell any of it in Australasia this time? Having to get @BlueMarsalis79 to send me the accessories set was a bit much.

[cancerblack]

But is the APC coming back? Honestly the only part I care about, with how many Prodos figures I already have.

Nightlord

Finally just got this and it looks pretty great, just wondering are the 16 aliens in the core enough or would a game usually need more?
Figure they must sell that alien expansion set for some reason. :P 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed