Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,610,111 times)

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: Brightside on Sep 21, 2007, 07:29:06 PM

As much as I appreciate the opportunity to see the innovative suit so clearly in the first film, this is probably the single biggest "MAN IN SUIT!"-screaming image in the entire franchise.  :-[

Quote from: Dekapitator on Sep 21, 2007, 08:04:03 PM
Another classic shot:

(click to enlarge)

And this, for my money, is the single scariest image of the alien in the whole franchise.

Munkeywrench

Munkeywrench

Quote from: Bishop2 on Sep 21, 2007, 08:38:58 PM

As much as I appreciate the opportunity to see the innovative suit so clearly in the first film, this is probably the single biggest "MAN IN SUIT!"-screaming image in the entire franchise.  :-[

Quote from: Dekapitator on Sep 21, 2007, 08:04:03 PM
Another classic shot:

(click to enlarge)

And this, for my money, is the single scariest image of the alien in the whole franchise.

Agreed

Brightside

Brightside

Quote from: Bishop2As much as I appreciate the opportunity to see the innovative suit so clearly in the first film, this is probably the single biggest "MAN IN SUIT!"-screaming image in the entire franchise.

Except for the wrinkled material on it's left arm I don't see anything wrong with it. I feel exactly the opposite to you: It's one of the most real-looking renditions of the Alien in the whole franchise, beating the fake puppetry of AVP without mercy.

Dekapitator, where did you get this last picture? I've never seen it. Very cool.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

I can see where you're coming from, (although I feel there are much worse M.I.S. shots than this one) I personally feel the strength is as much in the movement as it is the suit.

The methodical, graceful Alien is so much scarier than the snarling beasts they've become.

Vemados

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Quote from: Brightside on Sep 22, 2007, 01:01:04 AM
Dekapitator, where did you get this last picture? I've never seen it. Very cool.

Took the shot from the Alien Supplemental DVD, H.R. Giger's Workshop gallery.

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

i have to disagree. the cameron aliens always looked a lot more like men in suits to me, and this has always been one of my favourite shots. even though the suit itself was far from high-tech, it was very artistically made, and very believable imho. and it moves so gracefully that it just doesn't seem human.

the human-like qualities of the anatomy then seem to make it even more terrifying.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Never liked the cutting between those few shots though. But it does look nice. Like it's gliding.

Sabres21768

Munkeywrench

Munkeywrench

Heres some Cool alien action figures

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Spaghetti on Sep 21, 2007, 02:37:13 AM
Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Sep 21, 2007, 02:08:27 AM
I like this pic

now those are f**king ALIENS

Yeah... Always adored that artist's personal work with them. The fact that so many have been able to recapture the design so wonderfully is probably what pains a number of us, when we see professional effects teams being paid hundreds of thousands and still not being able to come up with anything resembling this atmosphere.

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 22, 2007, 11:46:43 PM
Yeah... Always adored that artist's personal work with them. The fact that so many have been able to recapture the design so wonderfully is probably what pains a number of us, when we see professional effects teams being paid hundreds of thousands and still not being able to come up with anything resembling this atmosphere.

seriously. i think it's because when you hire someone to do something, they don't think "let me religiously duplicate what's been done before." every new set of hands changes things.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I think it's the best I've seen due to the creepy undertone in seeing a familiar skull in such an inhuman manner. The lighting and the mist highlights Giger's details to the creature in a timeless manner.

Huol

Huol

The only real "MAN IN A SUIT" part of the franchise for me was when the Alien in "Alien" spun around to whack Parker.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed