Full Game Aliens vs. Predator 2 (ALL IN ONE) Edition

Started by x-M-x, Feb 19, 2016, 06:55:20 PM

Author
Full Game Aliens vs. Predator 2 (ALL IN ONE) Edition (Read 199,084 times)

Maskedviper

Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 05, 2017, 05:37:48 AM
Try uninstalling it then using a torrent from an alternative source. If it works we can confirm that the AIO might need to be fixed if not then we have to investigate further.
Well, good news is... You're AIO port isn't broken, so x-M-x can rest assured knowing that his work is still functional for most people... Bad news, The problem is still occurring, I deleted the Torrent after I got the MFC error for the tenth time upon attempting to launch it... so I think I'll stick with trying to fix AIO because this seems to be a trustworthy source, the torrent site I tried was less reputable than the genuinely nice community here. Anyhow, did the crashlog I posted early mean anything or is it irrelevant to the problem at hand?

System Apollo

Perhaps it's a result from editing the resolution in the autoexe. Have you tried from the lowest resolutions then worked your way up? Aside from that, probably try changing compatibility to XP instead of 98?

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: JP on Aug 05, 2017, 03:11:03 AM
It is known that this AIO has registry problems when installing which cause the engine to crash. This is probably the case.

I've yet to see this myself (did a recent install) all is well.

Not sure what problems these people are getting (also did a recent install on a few friends laptops) all went well.

How can an ISO have a registry problem is beyond me. (nothing was edited lol)

Try uninstalling it then using a torrent from an alternative source. If it works we can confirm that the AIO might need to be fixed if not then we have to investigate further.

I'm not so sure though, as several people i've talked to, successfully installed this from emails other sites youtube and so on.

Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 05, 2017, 06:26:50 AM
Well, good news is... You're AIO port isn't broken, so x-M-x can rest assured knowing that his work is still functional for most people... Bad news, The problem is still occurring, I deleted the Torrent after I got the MFC error for the tenth time upon attempting to launch it... so I think I'll stick with trying to fix AIO because this seems to be a trustworthy source, the torrent site I tried was less reputable than the genuinely nice community here. Anyhow, did the crashlog I posted early mean anything or is it irrelevant to the problem at hand?

I have just done another (install) it went well.

By any chance what are your system specs?

Tell me everything

OS/GPU/CPU/RAM etc

Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 05, 2017, 07:12:03 AM
Perhaps it's a result from editing the resolution in the autoexe. Have you tried from the lowest resolutions then worked your way up? Aside from that, probably try changing compatibility to XP instead of 98?

That's a possibility, my advice is install fresh and don't edit anything yet then try to launch the game.

Forgot to mention!

Sometime security can flag (lithtech.exe) which is one of the reasons what causes an MFC BOMB.

Turn off ya security upon installing.

Maskedviper

Maskedviper

New problem, Yaaay? I deleted everything and went for a fresh install, now when I try and install CD1 it says 'error extracting support files: catastrophic error', also My avp 2 program files under fox aren't there anymore either soooo, What should I do now?

x-M-x

Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 05, 2017, 06:17:25 PM
New problem, Yaaay? I deleted everything and went for a fresh install, now when I try and install CD1 it says 'error extracting support files: catastrophic error', also My avp 2 program files under fox aren't there anymore either soooo, What should I do now?

Try this Method

UNINSTASLL AVP2 (if it's on the system)

Download this

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Use reg cleaner

Re-install avp2 via AIO

____

MOUNT CD1 & CD 2 > INSTALL
APPLY 1.0.9.6 ENGLISH (US) PATCH
INSTALL SP MAP UPDATE 1
INSTALL MP MAP UPDATE 1
LOCATE THE DIRECTORY (Default Location "C:\Program Files\Fox\Aliens vs. Predator 2")
LOOK FOR AVP2.EXE (get rid of that)
Open AVP2 NO CD ZIP put the NO CD.EXE in the games location.
Create a shortcut and have it point to your desktop.
LAUNCH GAME

___

Make sure all security is off and nothing is gonna block (lithtech.exe or avp2.exe) etc

Maskedviper

Quote from: x-M-x on Aug 05, 2017, 06:29:20 PM

Try this Method

Download this

Use reg cleaner

Re-install avp2 via AIO

____

INSTALL SP MAP UPDATE 1
INSTALL MP MAP UPDATE 1
LOCATE THE DIRECTORY (Default Location "C:\Program Files\Fox\Aliens vs. Predator 2")
LAUNCH GAME

___

Make sure all security is off and nothing is gonna block (lithtech.exe or avp2.exe) etc

I deleted The Program files for the game under the Fox folder.. Does that matter because if it does, I'm already running recovery software to get the AVP 2 program files back.

x-M-x

Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 05, 2017, 06:38:13 PM

Try this Method

Download this

Use reg cleaner

Re-install avp2 via AIO

____

INSTALL SP MAP UPDATE 1
INSTALL MP MAP UPDATE 1
LAUNCH GAME

___

I deleted The Program files for the game under the Fox folder.. Does that matter because if it does, I'm already running recovery software to get the AVP 2 program files back.

Better to start fresh, (if you don't have any important files)

just get rid of the whole lot and start again.

Make sure to use CCLEANER REG cleaner

Then install it again.

Maskedviper

Maskedviper

Quote from: x-M-x on Aug 05, 2017, 06:44:36 PM

Try this Method

Download this

Use reg cleaner

Re-install avp2 via AIO

____

INSTALL SP MAP UPDATE 1
INSTALL MP MAP UPDATE 1
LAUNCH GAME

___

Then install it again.
Sure thing, I'll update whenever I finish cleaning and deleting

Update: when I try and uninstall using the cleaner program it still says 'error extracting support files: catastrophic error' and then it proceeds to close itself before I can even begin installing...

x-M-x

Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 05, 2017, 06:54:27 PM

Try this Method

Download this

Use reg cleaner

Re-install avp2 via AIO

____

INSTALL SP MAP UPDATE 1
INSTALL MP MAP UPDATE 1
LAUNCH GAME

___

Then install it again.

Update: when I try and uninstall using the cleaner program it still says 'error extracting support files: catastrophic error' and then it proceeds to close itself before I can even begin installing...

Never said uninstall with ccleaner i said use ccleaner to clean ya reg files

Then uninstall avp2 as you normally would, then reinstall.

Maskedviper

Maskedviper

Quote from: x-M-x on Aug 05, 2017, 07:17:23 PM
Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 05, 2017, 06:54:27 PM

Try this Method

Okay, so, After cleaning, deleting, downloading, mounting, installing, updating, etc. I've gotten back to where I was... only problem is that damned error does not seem to want to go away.
Download this

Use reg cleaner

Re-install avp2 via AIO

____

INSTALL SP MAP UPDATE 1
INSTALL MP MAP UPDATE 1
LAUNCH GAME

___

Then install it again.

Never said uninstall with ccleaner i said use ccleaner to clean ya reg files

Then uninstall avp2 as you normally would, then reinstall.

So, After cleaning, uninstalling, downloading, Mounting, installing again, updating, etc. I've gotten back to where I was, However with the way my luck has gone so far... the annoying MFC client error is still not going away. :-\ . I'm genuinely out of Ideas, I don't know how on god's green earth I managed to get Nolf to run and not this. I've tried seemingly everything, Right after I post this comment I'm going to disable every piece of Antivirus hardware on my rig again and see if it makes a difference this time... But knowing my luck it probably wont.

UNBELIVEABLE: I got it to work once, I don't know how but I did, I launched the app. from the Fox folder and ran Lithtech engine in compatibility mode and as admin... I'd like to thank you guys for the mountain of effort you put in to helping get this running, you guys are seriously amazing, and it's because of this page that I've decided to stick around keep my new account as an AvP Galaxy member, Anywho, Long story short, you guys are amazing.

JP

go to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Fox\Aliens vs. Predator 2

and change the folder name to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Fox\Aliens vs. Predator 10

then click on start menu button and type "regedit" then click regedit.exe

on this program go to this directory:

hkey_local_lachine\software\wow6432node\monolith productions\aliens vs. predator 2\1.0

double click on "installdir" and change "value data" from

to

so it matches your newly named game directory

restart pc

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: JP on Aug 05, 2017, 09:28:24 PM
go to:

hkey_local_lachine\software\wow6432node\monolith productions\aliens vs. predator 2\1.0

to

restart pc

You do realise he tried the torrent one (not AIO) still same issue? 0_o

Also JP, i'm not sure what you're getting at, and perhaps you can shed some light on the matter but i have (just now) checked this location

All is fine and well on different machines,

Just because something isn't working out for you, doesn't mean it effects everyone does it?

KingKenny

Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 05, 2017, 08:26:19 PM
UNBELIVEABLE: I got it to work once, I don't know how but I did, I launched the app. from the Fox folder and ran Lithtech engine in compatibility mode and as admin... I'd like to thank you guys for the mountain of effort you put in to helping get this running, you guys are seriously amazing, and it's because of this page that I've decided to stick around keep my new account as an AvP Galaxy member, Anywho, Long story short, you guys are amazing.

Good to hear. :D

JP

Quote from: x-M-x on Aug 05, 2017, 09:59:40 PM
Quote from: JP on Aug 05, 2017, 09:28:24 PM
go to:

to

restart pc

You do realise he tried the torrent one (not AIO) still same issue? 0_o

you do realise the MFC error is caused by registry issues and that's how i fixed it?

x-M-x

But you never said that ? you said (the aio has a problem) am i right or wrong?

or am i missing something lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed