Blomkamp's Alien 5 Ideas?

Started by RabidNinja, Feb 19, 2015, 10:17:55 AM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien 5 Ideas? (Read 13,842 times)

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 22, 2015, 08:46:05 PM
It's not a trunk. It fuses with the sternum, it does not go about on its own. It's a bony, or cartilagineous bridge between head and sternum. It's far too thin to look like a trunk, too.
I use trunk for lack of a better word. See that looks nice and creepy but I don't think it would translate well into live action. I still think it would look funny.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

All about how it's shot, and how it is utilized. If it walked into frame in full focus having a conversion then yeah, it'd look silly. There are definitely ways to make it work, however.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Feb 23, 2015, 01:27:14 AMI use trunk for lack of a better word. See that looks nice and creepy but I don't think it would translate well into live action. I still think it would look funny.

Yeah, this is my issue with it too. Although I suspect my judgement is clouded by the comics, where I always thought it looked especially daft.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's a skeleton, it's going to look different when it's got flesh on it.

Comics didn't have professional film creature designers to work on them. Of course it wouldn't look like what the comics depicted. Barlowe or Tatopoulos (right now) would do a kick-ass Jockey design.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 23, 2015, 02:01:07 PM
It's a skeleton, it's going to look different when it's got flesh on it.

Comics didn't have professional film creature designers to work on them. Of course it wouldn't look like what the comics depicted. Barlowe or Tatopoulos (right now) would do a kick-ass Jockey design.

Some of Giger's other artwork of various humanoid entities would be a good starting point for the texture and look of a space jockey.

I've mentioned this before, and I even asked if anyone knew what I was talking about, but some years ago I ran across a website which told the story of the Jockey ship landing on Acheron, and it had sort of a graphic novel approach to it, telling the story in paragraphs and with Giger-esque still images. I haven't been able to find it since, but the way it depicted the Jockey would be the way I would have gone, personally.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The creepiest thing about the space jockey is that it has parts of its body attached to things that they shouldn't be attached to.  It's just wrong the way it has a front spinal column and blends seamlessly with its chair. 

Like a living, breathing impossible object.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 24, 2015, 04:39:40 AMLike a living, breathing impossible object.

That's one of the reasons I don't really like the idea of it being recreated literally as a living creature. It's so out there that I'm not sure it can be done successfully.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed