Would the newborn in Alien Resurrection have grown?

Started by Born Of Cold Light, Oct 02, 2012, 01:59:27 AM

Author
Would the newborn in Alien Resurrection have grown? (Read 26,789 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

She most probably did not get fertilized. Developed the Newborn the same way she developed eggs.

Blacklabel

..unless there was an extra reason why Geddiman was kept alive...

:-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X

ShadowPred

Quote from: RagingDragon on Oct 03, 2012, 08:26:40 PM
Quote from: SM on Oct 02, 2012, 11:13:06 PM
Why is it a "fail" exactly?
Because of the initial size, which was a shitload bigger than any Alien or Human newborn.  In order for it to grow, it would have to get humongous.

I guess it was a hybrid of Ripley and the queen (?) but does the film ever talk about how the queen was fertilized?

I always assumed it had something to do when they cloned Ripley. Like if maybe the Queen somehow had a human fetus growing inside of her because of the cloning process. Ripley did come away with acid blood of a sort, nothing tells me that the Queen couldn't have "benefited?" from the cloning process as well.

SM

SM

Quote from: RagingDragon on Oct 03, 2012, 08:26:40 PM
Quote from: SM on Oct 02, 2012, 11:13:06 PM
Why is it a "fail" exactly?
Because of the initial size, which was a shitload bigger than any Alien or Human newborn.  In order for it to grow, it would have to get humongous.

For it to grow, it doesn't have to grow to the same ratio as a normal chestburster.

I guess it was a hybrid of Ripley and the queen (?) but does the film ever talk about how the queen was fertilized?

Queens are never fertilised.  Fertilisation occure when hugger meets host.

In the case of the Auriga Queen and the Newborn - everything can be put down to genetic crossing.  Which might seem like a bit of a cop out, but it's all up there in the film.

Quotenothing tells me that the Queen couldn't have "benefited?" from the cloning process as well.

The gigantic external womb was how the Queen 'benefited'.

Gates

It's always baffled me that it's viewed as a positive...

SM

Only by Gediman.  It removed the need for eggs and hosts.

Gates

I guess he's completely off the deep end by that point because he has to see it takes longer, much longer comparatively...

Actually, there's a question...what's the estimate (if any) on gestation for that thing..?

SM

A matter of hours.  It's around 135 minutes from when the Aliens break out to the Auriga crashing.  The Newborn is born a few minutes before it crashes, but the Queen started her "second cycle" before the Aliens escaped.  Exactly how long is not known.

Gates

Hmmm...so it's actually faster vs. a solo egg/host...interesting...now I wonder, if given time, the Queen would develop a string of those - popping out ten or twenty a time...

Food for thought...

SM

Dunno how it'd work to be honest.  Assuming the Newborn didn't kill her, would the womb have healed or would she grow another one, or was the Newborn a one off?

Gates

I imagine multiple wombs growing out of the Queen, whacky and disordered - growing up walls, on ceilings and floor...Newborns dropping every 3hrs, screeching "mommmmzzzzz" ever so innocently...

It would be glorious...

RagingDragon

From the position of the womb, and that it was external, it seemed like they intended it to replace the egg sac.  It even looked a bit like it, iirc, but that could've just been to keep the audience guessing.

Quote from: SM on Oct 04, 2012, 12:56:26 AM
Dunno how it'd work to be honest.  Assuming the Newborn didn't kill her, would the womb have healed or would she grow another one, or was the Newborn a one off?

I've wondered this before, along with whether it would've killed Ripley or not, eventually.  Most likely yes, making it a self-destructive artifact of the genetic tampering, but part of me likes to think that it picked Ripley as it's mother.

SM

The intent of the Newborn was for it to procreate with Ripley.  Not sure she'd survive that were it successful.

Gates

Alien-lesbian-incest...I like...

RagingDragon

Quote from: SM on Oct 04, 2012, 01:19:46 AM
The intent of the Newborn was for it to procreate with Ripley.  Not sure she'd survive that were it successful.

Spoiler

Bow chicka bow-wow
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed