Hunting Grounds Patch Release Thread

Started by Wurd77, Apr 21, 2020, 04:11:11 PM

Author
Hunting Grounds Patch Release Thread (Read 27,423 times)

SuperiorIronman

I sincerely don't know how Wolf made it through approvals on either side of the fence. It's bad technically and from Fox's point of view it's superficially Wolf. What the hell happened?

At the very least you would think they'd have done his spear or his pistol. I know he's based on where he is at the start of the movie but the man is known as "heavy weapons" and they really had nothing to choose from?

Voodoo Magic

Ah, I was saying the same thing during the City Hunter release. Remember the roar wouldn't last as long as the animation? Or the syringe sound in the roar? I kept asking, how does this pass through freak'n quality control? How?! Followed by a burp (because I game and drink).

While I still absolutely love this game and still have a blast playing it, it always felt to me that the A-team left Hunting Grounds after the Alpha Predator, and now I'm thinking the B-Team left after Exiled. We got the C-team now and all the good talent at Illfonic is hard at work on Ghostbusters.

Samhain13

No way they still have a "team" on PHG, I expect just an intern.

Voodoo Magic

Perhaps a team of interns?

Wweyland

Perhaps it will get a "revival" during the release of Predator: Prey.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 17, 2022, 08:53:13 AM
Perhaps it will get a "revival" during the release of Predator: Prey.

A big "Prey" themed DLC expansion? One can hope!  :)

Mr.Turok

All the DLC in the world will not make up for the terrible gameplay and bugs that still exist in the game. Illfonic gotta put those DLCs on hold so that the game won't be a massive disappointment to newcomers after the release of Prey. I just don't know what they are doing in there anymore, it's not making things for the game that much better.

Voodoo Magic

Totally 100% disagree on "terrible gameplay". I wouldn't keep coming back if that was the case, Predator or not.

Nor do I think Hunting Grounds will be a massive disappointment to newcomers after Prey. When it became free on PS Plus, newbies were having a blast with it, with a game that was so much more in a complete state than its original 3 map bare boned debut.

SuperiorIronman

Honestly, it'd be funny if the rumored Ghostbusters game was another Predator title. And it's not like it wouldn't be unwarranted. Lots of studios will release a new entry to account for the mistakes on the first. Not everything can be patched. Frontier specifically did this with Jurassic World Evolution 2 to do aquatic and flying animals. We could see Illfonic do a sequel to account for problems in the original game.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 18, 2022, 05:26:32 PM
Totally 100% disagree on "terrible gameplay". I wouldn't keep coming back if that was the case, Predator or not.

Ahhhh the old, "Nothing bad happened to me, so it must be ok" argument. Predator mandibles look fine in The Predator, idk what you are talking about  :D

Come on man, you can't tell me at least the Predator side of things is greatly lacking in gameplay quality such as the lack of new Predator gear and long range weaponry? Fireteam had plenty of new weapons and gear since last year but Predator gets another melee weapon again? Is it so wrong to get my Speargun so that I don't keep getting my mask blown off the the overpowered sniper rifles that can remove a Predator's health in 3 shots? THAT is the damage dealt by ONE FIreteam, and you don't think the combined might of 4 with that weapon is greatly biased towards Fireteam on that part? Its the reason why the meme of "Fireteam Hunting Grounds" is a thing after all. How can I even have fun with the game knowing full well that I'm just going to constantly win on the FIreteam side of things but just get disappointed yet again by PC Snipers with overbearing power builds when I go Predator? Yes that is terrible gameplay indeed, and the release of Wolf really did get alot of ire from all the social media side of things of the community not being happy with the latest lack luster patch. Not only a terribly modeled Wolf but also not even the nice gear he had from the films or the new weapons as well? How can you not even understand why people were mad at such a let down? But hey if it WORKS FOR YOU, thats only on your end. Some of us actually want the game to be fun and great as it can be, but this current set up its not it chief, but I do wanna hear how the game is perfectly balanced on your point of view.

Adamantiumhip

Adamantiumhip

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 20, 2022, 03:01:45 AM

Ahhhh the old, "Nothing bad happened to me, so it must be ok" argument. Predator mandibles look fine in The Predator, idk what you are talking about  :D

Come on man, you can't tell me at least the Predator side of things is greatly lacking in gameplay quality such as the lack of new Predator gear and long range weaponry? Fireteam had plenty of new weapons and gear since last year but Predator gets another melee weapon again? Is it so wrong to get my Speargun so that I don't keep getting my mask blown off the the overpowered sniper rifles that can remove a Predator's health in 3 shots? THAT is the damage dealt by ONE FIreteam, and you don't think the combined might of 4 with that weapon is greatly biased towards Fireteam on that part? Its the reason why the meme of "Fireteam Hunting Grounds" is a thing after all. How can I even have fun with the game knowing full well that I'm just going to constantly win on the FIreteam side of things but just get disappointed yet again by PC Snipers with overbearing power builds when I go Predator? Yes that is terrible gameplay indeed, and the release of Wolf really did get alot of ire from all the social media side of things of the community not being happy with the latest lack luster patch. Not only a terribly modeled Wolf but also not even the nice gear he had from the films or the new weapons as well? How can you not even understand why people were mad at such a let down? But hey if it WORKS FOR YOU, thats only on your end. Some of us actually want the game to be fun and great as it can be, but this current set up its not it chief, but I do wanna hear how the game is perfectly balanced on your point of view.

On the other hand why go back to a game you think is terrible? Seems like a waste of time

May 22, 2022, 09:27:52 AM

Did this ever get any solo content?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 20, 2022, 03:01:45 AM

Ahhhh the old, "Nothing bad happened to me, so it must be ok" argument.
So if bad things aren't generally happening to me in my gameplay experience of two years, I should still react negatively to it?

QuoteCome on man, you can't tell me at least the Predator side of things is greatly lacking in gameplay quality such as the lack of new Predator gear and long range weaponry? Fireteam had plenty of new weapons and gear since last year but Predator gets another melee weapon again?

So you're talking about a lack of new weaponry for Predator, because you've grown tired of their current array of weapons. How does any of this support terrible gameplay in its main sense, which is, the way we the players interact with a game, it's asymmetrical rules, controls, and the challenge?

QuoteIs it so wrong to get my Speargun so that I don't keep getting my mask blown off the the overpowered sniper rifles that can remove a Predator's health in 3 shots? THAT is the damage dealt by ONE FIreteam, and you don't think the combined might of 4 with that weapon is greatly biased towards Fireteam on that part? Its the reason why the meme of "Fireteam Hunting Grounds" is a thing after all. How can I even have fun with the game knowing full well that I'm just going to constantly win on the FIreteam side of things but just get disappointed yet again by PC Snipers with overbearing power builds when I go Predator?

I can't speak of PC, and I have crossplay turned off for various reasons, but I play PS4 Pro several times every week and still have fun and constantly take trophies as the Predator. When the Fireteam is extremely good, a satisfying win to me is just obtaining at least one of their heads as a trophy, and surviving. It burns them so up.  :laugh:

And I never have problems finding full matches quickly, which means others are enjoying the general gameplay too.

QuoteYes that is terrible gameplay indeed, and the release of Wolf really did get alot of ire from all the social media side of things of the community not being happy with the latest lack luster patch. Not only a terribly modeled Wolf but also not even the nice gear he had from the films or the new weapons as well? How can you not even understand why people were mad at such a let down? But hey if it WORKS FOR YOU, thats only on your end. Some of us actually want the game to be fun and great as it can be, but this current set up its not it chief, but I do wanna hear how the game is perfectly balanced on your point of view.

If you see my previous comments, I agree the Wolf DLC was bad. But to me, that is clearly separate to the game's general core gameplay and their ability to have fun with it.

Regarding the balance, and what the devs intended, we already discussed ad nauseum I think. We know where each other stands. No need to rehash it again I think.  :)

May 22, 2022, 09:28:03 AM

Quote from: Adamantiumhip on Mar 20, 2022, 06:15:54 AM
Did this ever get any solo content?

Except for what you can manage and manipulate in a private match, no solo content.

Mike’s Monsters

RidgeTop

Oof

BlueMarsalis79

Oof why? Can we see that remodeled mask?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed