More Leaked Set Photos!

Started by 333zzz, Dec 09, 2016, 01:54:21 AM

Author
More Leaked Set Photos! (Read 47,908 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Dec 11, 2016, 02:11:13 PM
Quote from: Serpent/Slayer on Dec 11, 2016, 02:07:54 PM
How'd this turn into a discussion about movie piracy?  ???

It all began with Fox's request to remove the leaked photos.
Honestly I don't know but I think I'm supposed to say "censorship is wrong, dude". :P

Also I'm starting to think that Sil doesn't even care about piracy but more so that Lynch can't get work... however that happens to a lot of people. There's several youtube channels dedicated to that type of situation.

oduodu

oduodu

It probably boils down to figuring out too much about the movie prior to release. And people figuring out so much that the whole movie and its plot is explained and the whole theatre  experience is a letdown. So if they don't remain firm and take action that's probably what will happen.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

At the end of the day, anything that comes out that isn't via Fox isn't something they want out there. They do like to orchestrate their own plans for releasing this information into the wild. More often than not they end up giving it away themselves but that's their own prerogative.

oduodu

oduodu

Well I had hoped they learnt from Prometheus the whole movie was basically figured out before it screened and I think they don't want that this time around . I mean to say that I think they want to prevent it from happening this time around. Who knows.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yea it kind of sucks but I just cannot resist clicking those juicy links. Curse you guys. :P

Although fox does benefit form the fevered pitch free viral marketing you all do for them. So it's a double edged sword. Still we rarely ever get that special surprise that was seeing a movie not knowing what was going to happen. Then again Alien: Covenant is sequelitis or in this case prequelities. We really did ruin ourselves with the internet.

Prometheus had a kick ass trailer but it also gave most of the movie away. I hope they at least try to restrain themselves this time.

SiL

SiL

Would be nice if they learned from The Force Awakens marketing and realised you don't need to give away the plot in the trailer for people to be interested.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: SiL on Dec 11, 2016, 12:54:03 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 11, 2016, 12:05:51 PM
Yea and an asteroid might hit us tomorrow right? You're too much doom and gloom.
Tell that to people like Lynch who can't get movies made because the budgets he works in aren't worth the risk any more. This isn't me being pessimistic, this is the state of the industry. It's well documented.

And REALLY! What the f**k does an asteroid have to do with stealing? I notice that people who STEAL movies always go out of their way to justify why it's okay.

nanison

nanison

I watch films mostly without knowing anything of the plot which means not even looking at a trailer or just once.
I only get hyper excited for films involving the alien, predator , King Kong, Godzilla and dinosaurs. I'm such a monster nerd lol.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: nanison on Dec 11, 2016, 11:29:56 PM
I watch films mostly without knowing anything of the plot which means not even looking at a trailer or just once.
I only get hyper excited for films involving the alien, predator , King Kong, Godzilla and dinosaurs. I'm such a monster nerd lol.

Same lol, I love monsters, aliens and dinosaurs.

windebieste

windebieste

Monsters, Aliens and Donsaurs... Bring it!

-Windebieste.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 11, 2016, 11:40:22 PM
Monsters, Aliens and Donsaurs... Bring it!

-Windebieste.
What about Giant Monkey's?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 09, 2016, 04:15:25 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 09, 2016, 09:27:06 AM
I think it looks quite like the Prometheus rovers too.

Looks more like something from Blade Runner to me.

Now I remember why it reminds me of Blade Runner. That truck is a very close match to one of Ridley Scott's, Moebius-like-drawings he did for Blade Runner. It looks like the Covenant truck may also have tank tracks (since there's no tires) although I don't see any tracks in the picture.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 12, 2016, 04:07:03 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 09, 2016, 04:15:25 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 09, 2016, 09:27:06 AM
I think it looks quite like the Prometheus rovers too.

Looks more like something from Blade Runner to me.

Now I remember why it reminds me of Blade Runner. That truck is a very close match to one of Ridley Scott's, Moebius-like-drawings he did for Blade Runner. It looks like the Covenant truck may also have tank tracks (since there's no tires) although I don't see any tracks in the picture.

I sometimes wanna live in the world where Scott drew comics instead of making films.  Yes, I'd lose blade runner and Alien.  Might gain something even cooler. 

As much as I like Alien, I LOVE 70's scifi comics.  Moebius, Jodorowsky, all that weird shit humanoids puts out.  My winter project is reading the lot of heavy metal i bought off Kijiji.  Every issue from the first till the end of 1985.

Gramster

Gramster

Love Scotts drawings, they're freaky, you can see how he can turn his visions into something real and tangible, he's already half way there with the sketches.

windebieste

windebieste

I'm happy with giant monkeys.  Actually, bring it on!!!

(Having no tail, King Kong is an ape - not a monkey.  Mind you, how awesome would a giant monkey the size of King Kong be?  That prehensile tail!  Godzilla better look out. lol.)

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed