Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour)

Started by Gazz, Feb 13, 2019, 11:17:16 PM

Author
Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour) (Read 49,238 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Regarding Noah Hawley's Legion, far superior to the source material, highly creative with perhaps the best promotional material for a story of this kind that accurately reflects the experience itself. I'm conflicted on whether he's right for Alien, but he's certainly talented, and definitely showed potential with horror. He's got a habit of hiding rot in beauty but can do the genuinely eerie when it takes his fancy much like the main A.I design itself in Alien 1979, Aliens 1986, AlienĀ³ 1992 and Isolation.

son_of_kane

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 25, 2020, 05:54:30 PM
Ripley was referring more to executive types, not those around her. The films tended to show humanity when pushed to the brink, not at its worst.

Agreed. Alien is more about ordinary people facing an extraordinary adversary and doing their best to survive it. "Humanity at its worst" is the Mad Max movies.

Enjoy

Enjoy

Alien is more about the corporations and the military industrial complex being evil ? And the blue collar and grunts or anyone below the rich and powerful being expendable    ???   

Drukathi

I don't like his vision. I hope he doesn't get a chance.

Better is a series about explorers, other worlds and ancient civilizations. With scientists and adventurers in the lead roles. No boring family relationships, personal experiences and etc. Alien is not like Star Trek? OK bro, don't be nervous, calm down. Do it like Star Gate!

Rudiger

Maybe build a series around a relative of Hicks (or any other member of the squad), that wants to investigate what really happened on LV426...

Maybe they hire ex-marines or mercs to go investigate...

Maybe when they arrive they discover the original derelict was far enough away from Hadley's Hope to have survived the blast...

Maybe a few eggs remained in place...

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: son_of_kane on Sep 26, 2020, 04:36:58 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 25, 2020, 05:54:30 PM
Ripley was referring more to executive types, not those around her. The films tended to show humanity when pushed to the brink, not at its worst.

Agreed. Alien is more about ordinary people facing an extraordinary adversary and doing their best to survive it. "Humanity at its worst" is the Mad Max movies.

Quote from: Enjoy on Sep 26, 2020, 06:09:07 AM
Alien is more about the corporations and the military industrial complex being evil ? And the blue collar and grunts or anyone below the rich and powerful being expendable    ???

The Alien universe is extremely capitalist at the very extreme expense of your average day to day person; employees are quite literally replaceable and the means to a very grisly end. And  yeah, of course it is more individuals within the company than the company itself causing this, but all of the figures like Burke and Bishop II that have gone to these extremes have done it in the name of their position in the company and the almighty dollar and at the expense of their fellow man, even fellow company employees. Ordinary people are pushed to the brink because human corporate greed pushed them there. So I'd say that Hawley is absolutely correct when he says "It's sort of about humanity at its worst" in reference to the Alien franchise and its depiction of the future.

shadowedge

This guy, Noah Hawley, sounds like he had the right idea. Compelling humans and human drama is what was missing from all of the post Alien 3 films. Prometheus and Alien Covenant tried but failed this. This TV series could have done wonders for saving the franchise.

Hopefully Disney will reconsider, especially now with Disney Plus.

Kanan

Kanan

Why not, but first I would like to see Ridley Scott continuation of Prometheus / Covenant, on tv or cinema.

Rankles75

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Sep 26, 2020, 04:36:36 AM
Regarding Noah Hawley's Legion, far superior to the source material, highly creative with perhaps the best promotional material for a story of this kind that accurately reflects the experience itself. I'm conflicted on whether he's right for Alien, but he's certainly talented, and definitely showed potential with horror. He's got a habit of hiding rot in beauty but can do the genuinely eerie when it takes his fancy. Spoilers for Legion if you care:

Spoiler

Also if you can not appreciate a phenomenally choreographed dance off as a valid, storytelling device, you're a lost cause.
[close]

Damn I miss that show, although it's always best to leave the fans wanting more than to drag on until the inevitable drop in quality. Legitimately made my head hurt at times, but I still loved it. :)

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

I hope hulk will resurrct this sereies and I want to see the marines in if it it didn't matter if there on there for a short time and I want it to be dark rated r and have a good mix of horror and action

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I adored Noah Hawley's Legion myself if you can guess, so much, I'm myself glad it never got dragged out beyond arguably some instances in the middle chapter. I do think he's ultimately got the right idea for Alien story comes first but wonder if he will get the freedom, I thought his questionable Directoral debut suffered from being forced into a pre-existing narrative and hope it's not what people, particularly ones in charge measure him by for future projects. Though perhaps he may take inspiration from things such as Glass Corridor, Sacrifice, Salvation, Survival, Inhuman Condition, Labyrinth, Wraith, Alchemy, Dust To Dust and Dead Orbit or even Alien The Cold Forge.

PM Johnson

PM Johnson

Yeah, this exists. It is called Bladerunner

paulus007@live.com

paulus007@live.com

That was too snarky. But seriously, they are supposed to be in the same universe and time period. What I would do to drive the story is [Cut to Earth / post Aliens action]: Show the BR Los Angeles with the familiar themes, including "Offworld, Find your Paradise" blimps. Have a low-mid class bar (indoor/outdoor) with a sexy/tough couple barely fitting in. They are pretending to drink and cuddle, but are watching a newsfeed of the ALIENS story, but the facts are wrong, total propaganda, then the news moves on. INTRO: A woman meets them, this was planned thru backchanels, she is mid-management for a Wayland competitor. They want to scoop the bio-weapon but dont know what it is, or what exactly went wrong with the Weyland attempts. Our super solid couple are replicants, and the entire story is a crew of replicants with one human embedded, from the competition company. Maybe this is the replicant Mfg, explaning how this crew is self-determined. The entire story presents the future of humanity/humane growth as a set of conflicts between 'natural' humans vs Mfg humans vs. Xenos with a late mixing of Engineers and maybe even a Pred ship.

SM

They are neither the same universe nor time period.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: PM Johnson on Sep 26, 2020, 11:56:48 PM
Yeah, this exists. It is called Bladerunner

I don't seem to recall any Aliens in Blade Runner.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed