Scared to Death Monster is a rightful heir to the lore

Started by acrediblesource, Jul 17, 2021, 11:51:37 PM

Author
Scared to Death Monster is a rightful heir to the lore (Read 8,047 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

While i super imposed two art peices found here:
https://www.solidart.club/hr-giger-concept-alien
and here:
https://www.solidart.club/syngenor-bust

I found out that it looks identical to this, the original concept design (i imagine this as the original story of alien before it got edited):

Here is the super imposed image:

SiL

William Malone was very inspired by Giger and even commissioned concept work from him for a script that would, somehow, end up becoming Supernova.

His movie Creature/The Titan Find also features a very Alien-inspired monster.

He did a sequel to Scared To Death which had almost nothing to do with the original except it featured the Syngenors.

acrediblesource

William Malone definitely has connections.

[cancerblack]

The sequel, Syngenor, is surreal kino of the highest order.

bobby brown

Sander Cohen, is that you?

The One and Only

Back in Feburary, March, Scared To Death scored a novelization from Extinction Press. Courtesy of horror author ,Matt Serafini(Feral, Ocean Grave, Island Red) in case your interested. Fills in a few blanks left open in the final film. Also has some behind the scenes photos from Scared To Death's production.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Jul 18, 2021, 01:43:51 AMWilliam Malone was very inspired by Giger and even commissioned concept work from him for a script that would, somehow, end up becoming Supernova.
indeed and what a loss that was

was originally named 'Dead Star', to boot. Who wouldn't wanna see that

SiL

Reading about that in Ginger's Film Design made me sad.

Quote from: The One and Only on Jun 25, 2022, 03:04:19 AMBack in Feburary, March, Scared To Death scored a novelization from Extinction Press. Courtesy of horror author ,Matt Serafini(Feral, Ocean Grave, Island Red) in case your interested. Fills in a few blanks left open in the final film. Also has some behind the scenes photos from Scared To Death's production.
Have you read it? How would you rate it? I thought the movie was alright but could definitely have benefited from a polish.

The One and Only

Quote from: SiL on Jun 27, 2022, 08:00:57 AMReading about that in Ginger's Film Design made me sad.

Quote from: The One and Only on Jun 25, 2022, 03:04:19 AMBack in Feburary, March, Scared To Death scored a novelization from Extinction Press. Courtesy of horror author ,Matt Serafini(Feral, Ocean Grave, Island Red) in case your interested. Fills in a few blanks left open in the final film. Also has some behind the scenes photos from Scared To Death's production.
Have you read it? How would you rate it? I thought the movie was alright but could definitely have benefited from a polish.
Pretty good. Serafini's adaptation of Malone's film does indeed fill some of the flick's flaws. The ending, which was one of my main hang ups of final flick. Also the book gets more into the cabal that funded the creation of the Synegor. And the even got into the mind, and thinking of the Synegor. All around pretty good. Extinction Press also has put out a novelization of THE TITAN FIND as well in case your interested. 

SiL

I am definitely interested in an adaptation of The Titan Find. Will probably like that much more as a book.

BlueMarsalis79

Beautiful art as always from Giger.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed