One more Scott prequel, AVP 3, Blomkamp film, sequel to Resurrection or Reboot?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Aug 03, 2017, 05:44:56 PM

Where would you like the Alien series to go next?

One more Ridley Scott prequel
Alien vs. Predator 3
Blomkamp's retconned pseudo-sequel with Ripley and Hicks
Sequel to Alien Resurrection with Ripley 8
Reboot the whole series and start from scratch
Soft reboot, set within existing continuity but new characters
Author
One more Scott prequel, AVP 3, Blomkamp film, sequel to Resurrection or Reboot? (Read 33,581 times)

Huggs

David needs to groin burst, to finally have a Willy.

Samhain13

Our boy David will finally become a man.

The Old One

The Old One

A rough Alien Prequel opening idea:

Frosty Venom

Very cool, I really like some aspects of this though if David is revealed to not be the true creator of the Xenomorph I don't think it should be at the start of the film.

Drukathi

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 01, 2019, 01:57:00 AM
A rough Alien Prequel opening idea;

Spoiler

So spitballing, I'm really sick and I came up with this idea for an opening to the third/final Alien Prequel, I was thinking about the opening to Covenant and how much I loved that scene.
Here goes; A Fellowship of the Ring style opening;

We open on static, a television screen- we see Weyland soon after he created David, he starts speaking about the idea that David's going to help us conquer the stars before an interviewer asks him what his inspiration was for creating David, Weyland tries to think and visibly is upset and appears to be getting a headache before instantaneously becoming quite stoic and responding (paraphrasing) "I had a dream, of a utopia and then I had an insatiable desire to create... David." Auditorily we continue to hear this but visually the perspective shifts to "eons ago" (in the second or first galactic calendar day of the Big Bang let's say) A truly biomechanical world is shown, with Gash's Space Jockey (with a retractable "tube" from it's face) moving around the interior of what would become, the Derelict.

It shows the SJ in the chair, with a transparent visor lowering over it's head. It dreams. Whilst Peter Weyland narrates about how if humanity can't find a way to evolve we will go extinct within generations- it visually shows empty buildings of the SJ, with humongous dead corpses strewn around, with dead shrimp like children in the arms of many. They are worn away, they have been here for millennia still, they starved- there were far too many.

So remember those bizarre silo things that were cut from the original Alien and were down by the Eggs? Yeah, turns out they open.

It shows the silo/pod empty, full of water. The SJ goes to its' chair, and dreams- Peter Weyland monologues alongside the visual of the SJ dreaming, waking up and checking the pods, repeat. Peter Weyland talks about how he was overjoyed the first time he'd created David, David 1 but it was not correct. Whilist simultaneously we see the SJ lift a wriggling shrimp like creature alive- until it stops, lifeless. The SJ gently places it back inside the pod from whence it came. Peter Weyland talks about how he mourned for David 1, but persevered onwards to perfection. The SJ dreams again, in the dream the dead child slowly malforms and transforms into a Facehugger, a Queen Facehugger, an inner jaw pierces the vision.

The SJ awakens and walks forward to see one pod is open, the pod it placed the poor dead child back into. (Perhaps earlier it could've shown the SJ placing a seed of sorts into the Pod, inferring that it made a mistake by putting something dead in the Pod, instead of something alive. You can obviously parallel this with the embryos David is watching on the Covenant.) The SJ knows something is wrong. It leaves the dead homeworld, and is chestbursted. It crashes on LV-426.
You could end the prologue here, or here's a little extra.

We see what we assume are human explorers, and in a way- they are, up close they are revealed to the audience as the pigmentless humanoids known to the audience as the Engineers. With an aesthetic all their own, with parts of the SJ aesthetic creeping in- we see an elder Engineer kneel and the only subtitled line in the whole opening is spoken.
"A Primordial One."

A younger Engineer, very much like the Last Engineer from Prometheus' ending walks along the interior of the Derelict, opening the pods with a gentle touch as he moves along. All are empty, except one at back of the large chair. Already open, he insert  (A gloved hand) into the fluids. And lifts a particle onto his finger, says nothing and the camera exactly mirrors the framing of David's famous line, big things have small beginnings.
[close]

Wow! Amazing! I like the idea about transforming (or I should say - transmorfing) a dead corpse into a new grotesque lifeform. Really very alieny.

The Old One

The Old One

I enjoy the idea that the Alien is living death, so that's where that idea comes from. It's sorta a thing that had to pierce reality itself to exist.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed