Aliens: Aftermath #1 (Marvel, One-Shot)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Apr 19, 2021, 06:13:38 PM

Author
Aliens: Aftermath #1 (Marvel, One-Shot) (Read 15,500 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 19, 2021, 08:58:42 PM
Yes a monster with no soul wanting that makes sense. 
Wait what?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

A uruk-hai.

I thought your post an obvious play on "Meat's back on the menu boys!" from LOTR.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 19, 2021, 11:48:36 PM
A uruk-hai.
I don't get it

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 19, 2021, 11:48:36 PM
A uruk-hai.

I thought your post an obvious play on "Meat's back on the menu boys!" from LOTR.
I honestly couldn't remember what the quote was from, I just used it because it seemed appropriate

BlueMarsalis79

I see that's fair, just to be clear I remember you saying you got burned by Colonial Marines, so I thought your post sarcastic. Hence quoting a meme.

Nightmare Asylum

Here's the artist of this issue, with a breakdown of his process in the thread that follows. Look ma, no tracing! :D

https://twitter.com/DaveWachter/status/1382380030462922756

Xenomrph

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 20, 2021, 01:05:08 AM
I see that's fair, just to be clear I remember you saying you got burned by Colonial Marines, so I thought your post sarcastic. Hence quoting a meme.
Oh, yeah, I was just being flippant because "Hadley's Hope survived" was A:CM's schtick.

BlueMarsalis79

Do you think it's possible to make such an idea worth the obvious issues?

With ACM being worst case scenario, and in my opinion AVP Classic being best case scenario, so far.

Perhaps they will go the route of nothing standing with this one.

Xenomrph

To be fair, Hadley's Hope wasn't around in AvPClassic. The Derelict was, but the Tech Manual gave an out for its survival.

Perfect-Organism

Yes, I know the poster!

Hopefully this is a new direction, post-Aliens.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It looks (I hope) to be part of the general concerted effort for an organised continuity.

Alien The RPG Corebook, Chariot Of The Gods, The Destroyer Of Worlds, Colonial Marines Operations Manual, Cold Forge, Into Charybdis, Isolation, Fireteam, Phalanx and so on.

But as it's a one shot I don't expect it to be the start of a larger story.

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 19, 2021, 09:51:44 PM
The "glowing Alien" could very well just be the cover. Noto's a go-to guy at Marvel for really nice, stylized covers that also kind of exaggerate whatever lies in the contents of the book itself (and his covers often tend to be better than the internal art, to boot). I'm very ok with the Alien on this cover.

I'm worried about a return expedition to LV-426 in which there is still rubble from Hadley's Hope laying about, however.

But the cover doesn't really look stylised to me. Everything in it looks normal - apart from Alien itself

SiL

Ghost Aliens, clearly.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 19, 2021, 07:28:05 PM
It's probably just artistic license considering the cover of Infiltrator.

Or perhaps... get this!

It's a ghost Alien we'll be exploring the ruins of Hadley's Hope with as it's narrated with the cadence of Vincent Price as it tells us of it's past life, hopes and regrets and lost love, before an emotional end when it goes to rest forever.

Quote from: SiL on Apr 20, 2021, 05:33:38 AM
Ghost Aliens, clearly.

Kradan

I almost willing to bet some money that it's gonna be explained as Alien sucking a shit ton of radiation into itself

SiL

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 20, 2021, 05:36:59 AM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 19, 2021, 07:28:05 PM
It's probably just artistic license considering the cover of Infiltrator.

Or perhaps... get this!

It's a ghost Alien we'll be exploring the ruins of Hadley's Hope with as it's narrated with the cadence of Vincent Price as it tells us of it's past life, hopes and regrets and lost love, before an emotional end when it goes to rest forever.

Quote from: SiL on Apr 20, 2021, 05:33:38 AM
Ghost Aliens, clearly.

https://i.imgur.com/5wmulGq.gif?noredirect
Great minds think alike.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed