Prometheus Blu-ray extras via BBFC

Started by Keyes, Jul 28, 2012, 10:45:50 PM

Author
Prometheus Blu-ray extras via BBFC (Read 51,026 times)

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 29, 2012, 12:18:26 AM
"Weyland's Wet Dream"

I wonder if this will tie into the water tank we all heard about?

Vecrotus

Quote from: St_Eddie on Aug 08, 2012, 01:14:38 AM
As great as this list of extras is (and they are great), I was desperately hoping for an extended cut.  I plenty like the film as it is but I would have greatly appreciated a different edit (ala 'Alien 3').  It's hardly impossible to occur (given the ongoing BBFC rating system) but it is seemingly less and less likely to actually happen.  Hmm...  colour me unimpressed.  It seems as though 'Prometheus' is just one quick edit shy of being upgraded from a 'good' film, to a 'great' film.  Ho hum...

I agree, I was really hoping that we would could get to see an extended cut of Prometheus. Prometheus is one of those movies that I think deserves an extended cut.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 08, 2012, 01:59:20 AM
A full commentary of Ridley Scott's rambling madness... oh god yes.

Aside from the commentaries, I'd say every other special feature won't make it to the regular DVD set.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 08, 2012, 04:08:06 PM
"Weyland's Wet Dream"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: When i read Weylands Wet Dream i think about something else whaha :P can't help it :-\

tigana

tigana

It's great news extras are being confirmed. I'm still amazed I've put together 2 DVDs (with 3rd one in the making) with TV specials & Promos that won't be released on this extensive set. Will be a great supplement though.

SuperM

SuperM

when i first saw the 'enhancement pod' section i thought that was meant to be deleted scenes ... lol sexburster scene

Ash 937

Ash 937

It was very difficult for me to sit through Prometheus twice at the theater.  I won't be buying this because I know I won't be able to watch the film again.  The extra features look cool for those who did like the movie however.  Unfortunately, FOX will not find a buyer with me until they attempt to fix this film with an extended cut.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Hmm. TIME-LAPSE SEQUENCE: JUGGERNAUT .

How is this even possible? Don't they mean TIME-LAPSE SEQUENCE: TEMPLE?

From what i remember, they didn't build the Juggernaut as a set.  They built the interior of the temple. Is that what this means? If it is, then there is a miscommunication somewhere.

* never mind on that note, i do remember them discussing how they redesigned the Juggernaut textures and such. This could be what they mean.

St_Eddie

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 08, 2012, 11:45:07 PM
Hmm. TIME-LAPSE SEQUENCE: JUGGERNAUT .

How is this even possible? Don't they mean TIME-LAPSE SEQUENCE: TEMPLE?

From what i remember, they didn't build the Juggernaut as a set.  They built the interior of the temple. Is that what this means? If it is, then there is a miscommunication somewhere.

* never mind on that note, i do remember them discussing how they redesigned the Juggernaut textures and such. This could be what they mean.

I would more likely think it to be the construction of the Engineer's pilots chair / hypersleep chambers room (seeming as it's included within the Juggernaut).

Keyes

Keyes

One of the featurettes had a time lapse sequence of the Engineer room and seat being constructed, so it will likely be this as you say :)

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Snowdog on Aug 08, 2012, 05:10:12 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 08, 2012, 04:08:06 PM
"Weyland's Wet Dream"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: When i read Weylands Wet Dream i think about something else whaha :P can't help it :-\

Well yes, of course, that's the gag... but that can't be what they actually mean. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Vecrotus on Aug 08, 2012, 04:46:28 PM
I agree, I was really hoping that we would could get to see an extended cut of Prometheus. Prometheus is one of those movies that I think deserves an extended cut.

The director's said several times that he's happy with this version. Besides, for all we know, what was removed might have looked bad if reinserted into it.

QuoteAside from the commentaries, I'd say every other special feature won't make it to the regular DVD set.

Why? It's not like they'd lack for space. The Quadrilogy DVD set had tons of special features on them. Most of what ended up on the Blu-Rays was on there.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 10, 2012, 02:46:07 AM
Quote from: Vecrotus on Aug 08, 2012, 04:46:28 PM

The director's said several times that he's happy with this version. Besides, for all we know, what was removed might have looked bad if reinserted into it.

Ridley maybe happy with the version released in cinemas, but that doesn't mean that it's the best version out there. Prometheus could really benefit from an extended cut because the one released in cinemas was choppy and rushed in places.

I don't think that the scenes that were removed from Prometheus would look bad if reinserted back in. Ridley said, much like what he has said about Prometheus, that the version of Alien that was released in cinemas was his preferred version. However, I like the extended cut better. Reading what critics and fans have been saying, the same could also be said about Kingdom of Heaven and Gladiator.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 10, 2012, 02:46:07 AM
QuoteAside from the commentaries, I'd say every other special feature won't make it to the regular DVD set.

Why? It's not like they'd lack for space. The Quadrilogy DVD set had tons of special features on them. Most of what ended up on the Blu-Rays was on there.

The Quadrilogy set was released back in 2003. Come 2012, most special features are released on the Blu ray version of films. The most recent A/P/AvP film that was released, Predators, barely had any special features on the DVD version. All of them were on the Blu ray version.

What Blu rays are now to people was what DVDs were ten years ago. I doubt we'll get any special features on the DVD version of Prometheus.

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

QuoteUnfortunately, FOX will not find a buyer with me until they attempt to fix this film with an extended cut.

Aye, it's incredibly dissapointing. I think I'll wait for the extended edition

EDIT: On the other hand, I AM curious to here ridley ramble :p

Nightmare Asylum

As much as I want a Director's Cut, I'm going to get this. I did like the film as it was, and to be honest, can't be bothered waiting years for a potential new cut.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Vecrotus on Aug 10, 2012, 01:40:49 PM
The Quadrilogy set was released back in 2003. Come 2012, most special features are released on the Blu ray version of films. The most recent A/P/AvP film that was released, Predators, barely had any special features on the DVD version. All of them were on the Blu ray version.

What Blu rays are now to people was what DVDs were ten years ago. I doubt we'll get any special features on the DVD version of Prometheus.

I'm sorry, I don't understand this... What are you suggesting the limiting factor would be? It's not like there wouldn't be enough space for lots of features. I'm not saying all of them, but a lot. The main point of Blu-Ray is meant to be higher definition, not an excuse to downgrade DVDs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed