The Confession Thread

Started by TheSailingRabbit, Jan 17, 2019, 09:43:10 PM

Author
The Confession Thread (Read 20,551 times)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

What are some things you haven't done that you probably feel like you should do? How about broken promises? Procrastinating something? Confess it here, and get it off your chest (nothing sexual, please).

Here are some of mine:

- I haven't seen The Terminator, Terminator 2, Jaws, Twister, Titanic, Jurassic Park, The Thing, any Star Trek movies, any Marvel or DC movies (I did see part of Batman vs. Superman a few years ago when I went to a leadership camp with my JROTC group, but I wasn't paying any attention to it), the original Halloween or Nightmare on Elm Street, and there are a handful of Disney and Pixar movies I have yet to see.

- I haven't played any Nintendo games, nor have I played a main series Pokémon game.

- If given the choice, I would rather play a multiplayer round of Colonial Marines than Isolation.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

What are the reasons you didn't see those movies?
Never cared for them, better things to do,...?

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 18, 2019, 02:22:22 AM
What are the reasons you didn't see those movies?
Never cared for them, better things to do,...?

Just wasn't exposed to it at a young age. Didn't get interested until very recently.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

That's pretty normal.
And sometimes it's better to wait. I saw 2001: A Space Odissey for the first time last year.
If I watched it earlier just because it's considered a classic, even though I had no interest in the subject matter, I wouldn't have had that great first time viewing experience.
Bit like waiting until you have developed a decent appetite, so you can enjoy something more.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 18, 2019, 03:23:11 AM

And sometimes it's better to wait. I saw 2001: A Space Odissey for the first time last year.

Me too. I was shocked beyond measure when I heard some of the music from Aliens playing in a movie that was made in 1968.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 18, 2019, 03:30:59 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 18, 2019, 03:23:11 AM

Me too.

What? Sacrilege!!

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 18, 2019, 04:19:45 AMWhat? Sacrilege!!

What? You got no confessions?

The Old One

The Old One

Don't give a shit about;
Rocky
Back to the Future
Ghostbusters
Slashers
Stephen King
Or
Steven Spielberg
Jurrassic Park's good,
but how family orientated his work is...
It's sickening sometimes, not for me.

Things in my backlog:
Terry Pratchett's Discworld Series
The Witcher Wild Hunt
Nier Automata
The Missing: JJ Macfield
& The Island Of Memories
SAGA
BONE
Paper Girls
&
(Image Comics) lol
Redlands

Alejandro Jodorowsky:
The Incal & The Metabarons

...Film...
Loads.
...Books...
Loads.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 18, 2019, 05:40:48 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 18, 2019, 04:19:45 AMWhat? Sacrilege!!

What? You got no confessions?

Film wise? I'm not certain. I think I've seen many of the "considered greats" across every genre. The Godfather, 2001, Psycho, Jaws, Citizen Cane, Gone with the  Wind, E.T., The Good the Bad and the Ugly, King Kong (1933), It's a Wonderful Life, On the Waterfront, etc. etc. I'm probably lacking the most in the "war genre" to be honest. Like The Bridge on the River Kwai and the like, I still haven't seen.

By the way, I would really recommend watching (to you and Huggsy)  2010: The Year We Make Contact as well. It's a straight scifi film, light years different from the artful approach in Stanley Kubrick's first film, but very, very well made. And very compelling.  And it stars the late, great Roy Scheider, who gives in my opinion, his best performance next to Jaws. Being a scifi fan, you won't regret it!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 18, 2019, 06:18:25 AM

Steven Spielberg
Jurrassic Park's good,
but how family orientated his work is...

Ever seen Jaws or Saving Private Ryan?

The Old One

The Old One

Uh-huh.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 18, 2019, 02:37:49 PM
Film wise? I'm not certain. I think I've seen many of the "considered greats" across every genre. The Godfather, 2001, Psycho, Jaws, Citizen Cane, Gone with the  Wind, E.T., The Good the Bad and the Ugly, King Kong (1933), It's a Wonderful Life, On the Waterfront, etc. etc. I'm probably lacking the most in the "war genre" to be honest. Like The Bridge on the River Kwai and the like, I still haven't seen.

By the way, I would really recommend watching (to you and Huggsy)  2010: The Year We Make Contact as well. It's a straight scifi film, light years different from the artful approach in Stanley Kubrick's first film, but very, very well made. And very compelling.  And it stars the late, great Roy Scheider, who gives in my opinion, his best performance next to Jaws. Being a scifi fan, you won't regret it!

What about Terence Hill/Bud Spencer movies? ;D

Not sure I wanna watch the sequel but I might.

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 18, 2019, 06:18:25 AM
Don't give a shit about; Stephen King

Not a fan but I like a couple of movies inspired by his works like Stand By Me. But I'd guess that's more of male oriented movie.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

The Shawshank Redemption is good. Hell, that's why I started getting into classic movies. Thank you, eleventh grade English.

Krevinator

Krevinator

Round One:
I've never actually watched Predator
I thought Covenant was mostly pretty okay
I've never watched AvP Requiem
I haven't seen Jurassic Park or The Thing
I have never played Dark Souls
I have the first two Witcher games but have never played them
I have never owned a Nintendo device
I have only ever owned a PSP
I bought Halo 5's legendary edition
I have not made it to the Alien yet in Alien Isolation
I once made a xenomorph recolor with MS Paint

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 18, 2019, 04:35:15 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 18, 2019, 02:37:49 PM

What about Terence Hill/Bud Spencer movies? ;D

Ha! Ya got me there!  ;D

QuoteNot sure I wanna watch the sequel but I might.
During my travels I've noticed viewers not keen on 2001's artistic and psychedelic styles were thrilled with 2010 for it's straight-forward Alien-like approach.

Other people, who fell absolutely in love with 2001's artistry, i found ended up disappointed for 2010's straight-forward Alien-like approach.

It might end up where you fall on the original.

Check out the trailer:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed