Started by xenomorph36, Nov 10, 2007, 03:46:29 AM

Author
predalien design.. (Read 17,951 times)

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

I've seen some Alien toys that look bad

Dr. Wren

Dr. Wren

I like the predalian just the way it is!

nukem11

nukem11

I dont see why they just didnt go with this desgn.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: nukem11 on Nov 10, 2007, 07:53:59 PM
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/artwork/alienartwork/normal_davedorman.jpg
I dont see why they just didnt go with this desgn.
Spikeland....weird tail (not saying the one we got isen't)

nukem11

nukem11

I think it looks cool I prefer its hair like that. It looks more mobile as well.

Anomaly

Anomaly

That was actually the first glimpse i had of a predalien concept. I do like that one a lot.

Master

Master

This one is nearly perfect:

This one too:

Nearly cause first one have dreadlocks, and second have too short head. ( But I still love them both.)
QuoteI don't think that the predalien looks like anything from Resident Evil any more than everything from Resident Evil/pretty much any horror-based entertainment has been looking like Alien since the 80's.

As far as the streamlined head goes, the dreads do look a little silly. However, the back of the predalien's head is crowned due to it being a queen and I think that when you can actually see that shape the dreads work much better.

Meh, the predalien has been made. We can complain for decades but it's too late now. Either enjoy it, get over it, or pretend the movie never happened. All are valid options.
Yeah it has been made, but I still have hope that in future AvP film we`ll get predalien drone that will look like one of those two above.

KARHAN

KARHAN

that one would have been so cool :-\ :'(

TheAncientEnemy

TheAncientEnemy

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 10, 2007, 06:50:27 PM
Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Nov 10, 2007, 03:50:27 PM
I don't think that the predalien looks like anything from Resident Evil any more than everything from Resident Evil/pretty much any horror-based entertainment has been looking like Alien since the 80's.

I take it you never noticed in Biohazard (Resident Evil) 2 how G's G-Embryos look like slightly-altered chestbursters?

Reread the post of mine you quoted above and you'll see why your reply makes no sense.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: karhan on Nov 10, 2007, 09:38:08 PM

http://www.bocadoinferno.com/romepeige/alienspredador/2/2.jpg

The sad thing is, that this pred-alien was made by some company who wanted to make the creature for AvPR

Xhan

Xhan

We're still bitching because it IS that bad; from the supid Elelctric Avenue dreads to bat-nipples, to saggy flesh, to spider-man secret wars ribbing to the ridiculously over-clear dome that SCREAMS HAI GAIS IS "TRIBUTE" to the gigantically fat head, to the crappy inbred hick teeth, to the ultra fanboy pred mouthed striketeeth, ott he tail straight from an issue of Judge Dredd tail.

Crap.

From beginning to end.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 10, 2007, 06:44:20 PM
You really love that guy don't you. :P

I loved it like I 'love' the Predalien - interesting monster design, but definitely not an Alien. :)

QuoteAnd arn't Daleks supposed to be sentient machines not cyclopszombieoctopuses?

Virtually, back when they were scary. Then one tried to go half-human and be a 'hybrid' and it sucked like a hooker on crack. With dreadlocks, no less.

And thus, a pattern was recognised. :)

Quote from: WisePredator on Nov 10, 2007, 07:44:48 PM
That would make a good "freak promotion".

Rumours were today confirmed that Dalek Sec's rotten corpse has been placed in charge of Chet's 2008 Presidential campaign.

They're going for the psychotic, rampaging female Rasterfarian vote. Nobody's quite exploited it yet.

Quote from: karhan on Nov 10, 2007, 09:38:08 PM

'Twas the most professional yet.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

where is the nipple ? i cant seem to find it...

Tangent

Tangent

I don't think the Predalien design is half bad, especially considering the direction ADI has taken with the Aliens over the past few years. I could forgive A:R because of the genetic tampering, but to keep the same aesthetic for three movies is really beginning to frustrate me. That said, they do produce some good stuff, especially in the animatronic areas, but I don't really like their designs that much. That said, the Predalien is loads better than I was expecting. I agree with damn near everybody here and think that the dreads should've been streamlined with the head, and rigid if possible, but depending on how the creature is filmed, they may turn out alright yet.

As far as the action figure, I think/hope NECA's dreads are slightly bendable, because they're far too spread out on that one... the Sideshow maquette manages to make them look less obtrusive, and seem to indicate what we'll be seeing on film.

I'm not sure what's up with the skin tone though, some highlights might've worked, but the overall beige shade of the creature's front in the figures is a little odd. However, with lighting and color correction, I'm pretty confident it'll look just fine.

Is the design perfect? No, but how could anything be in a VS property? It's certainly not so awful as to merrit the bashing it's been getting around here though - at least not in my books. The official stills look pretty damn cool, and we'll all find out - one way or another - how well it turns out in less than two months.

XenoVC

XenoVC

anyone else notice  chet has a skull in her dome like the alien from Alien?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed