We Almost Got a Newt FPS

Started by Nukiemorph, Feb 11, 2020, 06:45:34 AM

Author
We Almost Got a Newt FPS (Read 12,758 times)

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Apparently an Aliens sequel FPS starring a grown Newt was in talks before the Disney buyout.
https://happygamer.com/boss-key-productions-were-working-on-a-newt-led-alien-fps-that-was-cancelled-after-disney-bought-fox-55331/

The Old One

The Old One

Nothing of value lost, if 20th Century Fox nearly greenlit it, I'm glad for Disney, at the minute anyway, 20th Century Studios' starting out good.

windebieste

windebieste

lol.  This sounds absolutely infantile. 

-Windebieste.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I'd like to get a t-shirt that says "Newt's dead. Get over it."

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: David's Creation on Feb 11, 2020, 07:11:15 AM
I'd like to get a t-shirt that says "Newt's dead. Get over it."

But that upsets people.

Maybe this game would have tied in with the alternate ending of The Predator.

PsyKore

PsyKore

It's honestly not any more absurd than having Amanda Ripley in a game. But an android named Casey? :laugh: I.dunno about that.

The Old One

The Old One

It really is though, Amanda Ripley passes away by the time of Aliens and AlienĀ³ but anything before them, and after Alien's malleable.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Well, I like the idea. Why not? If you like Alien 3 go watch the film. If you want options - please welcome.

But.. Earth, man. What a s@@thole. Even Ridley said: "Aliens on Earth - it's boring".

Plus, previous BKP game - LawBreakers was of rather dubious quality.

The Old One

The Old One

Look even if you want to bring Rebecca Jorden/Newt, Dwayne Hicks and Ellen Ripley back you don't do it any other way apart from on film. Seriously, I'd ideally want James Cameron and David Fincher back, together. And, dubious, is putting it lightly.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Well, then we stay with Turk 2.0. :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

I'd really honestly rather Rebecca Jorden/Newt, Dwayne Hicks and Ellen Ripley all stay in the graveyard, but if you've got to do it, you've got one chance to make it worthwhile. Do it professionally with the people who deserve to, all the first three Alien films created parts of the franchise so iconic, parts of them exist in everything the franchise releases now. Personally one of the reasons I think to get it right an alternate sequel requires James Cameron or David Fincher, or both, anything else just feels wrong.

Drukathi

Drukathi

I just don't care about canon. Films are films. They are primary. Everything else: games, books, comics is just a great opportunity to have fun and tell a "different" story. They have no effect on the primary story. Nothing to worry about.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Bring her back!

#NewtLives

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

As a Game yeah i would have liked an alternate Sequel idea.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

That would be insanely cool if it had a Zelda Breath of the Wild toon shader vibe and everyone were slightly toonish.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed