VFXWorld AvPR Article

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 30, 2007, 05:32:14 PM

Author
VFXWorld AvPR Article (Read 19,229 times)

Poland :) Now drinking at work :)  Drunk 2 liters by of vodka by myself but still quite sober, damn.

YAUTJA

YAUTJA

well its 23:41 here in UK, party's on...drinks all round! and us geordys know how 2 drink!

YAUTJA

YAUTJA

well, its 00:01, happy new year every one!

atomic punk

atomic punk

to all the fans of these movies.happy new year.play it cool,drive safe drink hardy.hey gort pred.thanks for the response.maybe we will see a pred.3 movie soon or aliens 5 whtever come first.big pred fan though.   8)  

Hell-Scorpion

Hell-Scorpion

>:D   Who in the HELL could hate this movie? Can't wait for AVP 3!

vader1231231

vader1231231

I dont get why all of you guys keep on bitching about paul anderson and the first avp. The first one wasn't that bad. I mean at least it created a scence of claustrophobia, like the first alien film. Also, it wasn't andersons fault that the movie was choppy. It was all fox's fault. They hacked everything up at the last minute. I am 100% sure that if AvP 1 had been given more time and not have been cut down at the last minute, it would've been better. Another thing is, at least the first avp still left the aliens and preds with their dignety. They both were still mercyless killers. I think that avpr really f**ked up both franchises with it's lack of atmosphere, ripley and newt wannabbees, and excessive gore.

vader1231231

vader1231231

I dont get why all of you guys keep on bitching about paul anderson and the first avp. The first one wasn't that bad. I mean at least it created a scence of claustrophobia, like the first alien film. Also, it wasn't andersons fault that the movie was choppy. It was all fox's fault. They hacked everything up at the last minute. I am 100% sure that if AvP 1 had been given more time and not have been cut down at the last minute, it would've been better. Another thing is, at least the first avp still left the aliens and preds with their dignety. They both were still mercyless killers. I think that avpr really f**ked up both franchises with it's lack of atmosphere, ripley and newt wannabbees, and excessive gore.

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

Well vader, you don't think when AVPR ended, it didn't tell ppl that Aliens and Predators are badasses? From everything I saw, Aliens are more evil then before. Preds are less merciful. Don't get me wrong, as the fan I am, AVP was pretty good, but Fox didn't chop it up as much as you think. Paul took shots out that I don't think he should of. Like there was a fight between Grid and Scar that I would like to of seen, considering the fact that Gris killed Scar's friends, or brothers. Yeah, AVP had things from Alien 1, but AVPR wasn't trying to be like Alien. It was trying to be it's onwn thing, and got major influence from Aliens and Predator. Those are Collins fav and then comes Alien. Thats how I look at it too, Predator and Aliens were my fav, but I still love em all. You do give a good point though and I repsect that. And I don't think theres been talk about Anderson since we heard of AVPR was being made. I never bitched about him before.

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

Anyway, Happy New Year atomic punk, YAUTJA, and nudzi. I'm thankful the brothers left us a great AVP movie just in time for the end of the year.   Bring on AVP3  Suggestions for names,   Aliens vs Predators Extinction (3xtinction) AVP-3     ;D   I like it hahaha

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

I saw AVP:R twice and am planning to go again with a friend. Honestly, I don't hate it. I rather liked it, but was very disappointed mainly for the blatant fan worshipping of Wolf and demonizing the aliens as stupidly weak and mindless. The film was unrealistic and unfaithful in many respects. It did get quite a few things right, though. Which was somewhat relieving.  Like it's been said before, the first AVP film was horrendously cut and butchered from Anderson's original intention. He's gotten an extremely bad rap for something that was out of his hands. And considering we're specifically discussing Fox Studios here, of all film companies, you'd think we'd already be familiar with with this kind of crap they're constantly pulling. There was some damn good stuff that was ommitted, re-cut or re-filmed for the final release. And for the "Unrated Edition", they re-inserted barely a fraction of the edited material.   >:(    I recall many comments George Lucas made about having to battle Fox with getting Star Wars done the way he wanted.

bluemonday

bluemonday

AvPR was trying to be its own thing?  HAHA!  Every single scene was just an homage to a previous film.  There was no originality whatsoever.

Deco

Deco

YAUTJA | 31 Dec 2007 15:1846 Deco, cud u answer my question above? no.39   Hi Yautja sorry I havent gotten back ive been enjoying the festivities!  I would say that there are more battles but the lighting is really terrible. I really hated this movie guys, im a die hard fan and thats why I hated it. Now thats not to say that i didnt think there were elements of the movie i liked. The Predator for instance, he was nailed, the character, the way he moved. Whenever he was on screen it felt like a Predator movie and that was great to see. The script was just trash. Hitchcock once said, 'you can make a bad film out of a great script but you cant make a great film out of a bad one....'

Deco

Deco

Joker,  Just because you like everything Fox spits at you doesnt make you a TRUE fan.  A true fan is someone who considers themselves such, its for no-one else to say otherwise. No one here is telling you to dislike the movie, they are telling you how much they didnt like it themselves.  If you thought this was a great film then thats your opinion and your entitled to it.... But i will plant this seed; imagine an AVP on the same scale as lord of the rings....?

Joker

Joker

Well Deco, I say TURE fan becasue I kinda have the same feelings as Gort Pred. I respect everything alien and Predator. I may have my differences with AVP 1 and AR, but that doesn't mean I hate them. I love all of them. Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Ressurection, Predator, Predator 2, AVP Alien vs Predator and Aliens vs Predator Requiem.   Besides I don't see what was so bad with the lighting. I saw everything very clear. I can describe every fight. I saw everything.   And if alot of theaters got bad pictures, just imagin if this film makes it to Blue-Ray

Joker

Joker

And I would hate if AVP was on the same scale as LOTR. Too damn long. Ppl would go mad. There's only so much you can do with a Predator and an Alien without  dragging on. Theres only so many green eminems a man can have  before he says f**k I want a red one! I like LOTR but I hate how long they are. You can't possible make AVP as long as that. And if you were talking about it being epic....well I don't know. Maybe I would like that, but If I like the movie what do I have to complaine about and wish what scale it was on.     I think we should get an AVP3 and end it after that. We can all live now with 2 pred movies, 3 AVP movies, and 4 Alien movie. No more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed