Neil Blomkamp Has "Moved On" From Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 02, 2018, 10:23:48 PM

Author
Neil Blomkamp Has "Moved On" From Alien 5 (Read 86,876 times)

Beatnation

Beatnation

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Feb 10, 2018, 10:05:19 AM
So...you got nothing. Eight Passenger mentioned absolutely nothing about "flawless". All this "flawed, flawless" whining was generated by you. You and only you. You're arguing with yourself.

When there was 1,000 1.0 ratings for BP, the collective rating was 6.7.
Now there's 2,000 1.0 ratings for BP,  the collective rating is STILL 6.7.

Quick! Cover your eyes to ignore that fact so you can continue your whine fest. ;)

Excuse me, what??

He mention nothing but he trust on a flawed system (with your own logic and words), trying to downplay Alien 3 in favor of Crappie basing his reasons on a FLAWED NOT RELIABLE SYSTEM, just because that's the only place in the whole internet where that movie was above Alien 3 in any form, is just bollocks.

Now keep quoting me, next time I log in I will answer to you. I promess.

SM

Google users rate Chappie higher than Alien 3 too.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Feb 10, 2018, 10:13:41 AM
So...you got nothing. Eight Passenger mentioned absolutely nothing about "flawless". All this "flawed, flawless" whining was generated by you. You and only you. You're arguing with yourself.

That increase is OVER 10% of the TOTAL VOTES. Using that genius level aptitude of yours, explain to us how it is mathematically possible for it to remain at 6.7. ..... tick tock. ;)

Quote from: Beatnation on Feb 10, 2018, 10:18:18 AM
He mention nothing but he trust on a flawed system blah, blah, blah.........

Heh, heh. Poor Beatnation he is so........

Enough of your diversions, I repeat........

That increase is OVER 10% of the TOTAL VOTES. Using that genius level aptitude of yours, explain to us how it is mathematically possible for it to remain at 6.7. According to you this "flawed" system allows people to alter ratings by ballot stuffing. Still waiting......Still tick tock.......;)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: D. Compton Ambrose on Feb 10, 2018, 01:12:08 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 31, 2018, 05:48:22 PM
Quote from: Alionic on Jan 31, 2018, 03:48:59 AM
The synopsis of that novel sounds even more stale than Blomkamp's pitch for Aliens: Part II.

Except that everyone who has actually read the book seems to think otherwise.
You're talking about The Gone World? Have you read it? What did you think of it?

I haven't read it yet but there were quite a few people raving about it on twitter after the first review copies were sent out last year.

Quote from: SM on Feb 10, 2018, 10:29:45 AM
Google users rate Chappie higher than Alien 3 too.

Rotten Tomatoes users as well:

Chappie: 56% Liked it, average rating 3.4/5.

Alien 3: 47% Liked it, average rating 3.1/5.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Just for you, Beat......   ;)

Update on Black Panther, another 1,000 votes have been added. 300 more for the 1.0 rating bringing it now to 2,300. And another 600 more for 10.0 rating, bringing it to 6,000.

And yet ....... the collective rating remains ................................
wait for it................................. 6.7.
Gather around, gang, form a half circle. Beatnation is going to educate us how now over 2,000 rating votes of 10 and 1 added to only a 9,600 vote count somehow maintains a 6.7 constant rating level, yet he claims members are are altering the rating with ballot stuffing. Will he answer or will he dish out more diversions? We shall see.  ;)

D. Compton Ambrose

Meh, I like them both about even. I still don't think Beatnation's claims hold any water. But they're not really all that comparable; two different genres and directorial styles and all.

cheachea

cheachea

Honestly, at this point They should just let James Cameron make another Alien Sequel for Us So we can Actually Be Happy.

• No Political Correctness

• No Social Justice Warrior Nonsense

• Hard R Rating geared towards Adults

• Realism

• Minimal CGI

• Use of Old School Camera Trickery, Props, Models and Make Up instead of Stupid Over Done Green Screens

Etc Etc.

SM

Setting aside the right wing nonsense which is oh so prevalent in Alien movies anyway - why on Earth would Cameron use old school effects?

He's the king of CGI.

whiterabbit

Nostalgia.

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't expect Cameron to go all nostalgia old school if he came back. He did a podcast in 16 where he said if he did another it'd be using today's tech.

https://audioboom.com/boos/4827956-fm-podcast-12-aliens-exclusive-interview-w-james-cameron?t=0

Can't remember the timecode though.

SiL

Quote from: cheachea on Mar 08, 2018, 09:14:23 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2479816/f**kin-thing-sucks-o.gif

Honestly, at this point They should just let James Cameron make another Alien Sequel for Us So we can Actually Be Happy.

• Realism

• Minimal CGI

• Use of Old School Camera Trickery, Props, Models and Make Up instead of Stupid Over Done Green Screens

Etc Etc.
...have you not seen a James Cameron movie?

cheachea

Quote from: SiL on Mar 08, 2018, 01:26:00 PM
Quote from: cheachea on Mar 08, 2018, 09:14:23 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2479816/f**kin-thing-sucks-o.gif

• Realism

• Minimal CGI

Etc Etc.
...have you not seen a James Cameron movie?

Yes they used CGI But they also used A Ton of Camera Tricks, Real Models and Real Stage Props for T2:

Corporal Hicks

Have you seen Avatar?

cheachea

cheachea

BishopShouldGo

Cameron would have some of the most gorgeous CGI aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed