"Game Resources Difffer"

Started by BerzerkerKitty, Oct 18, 2011, 02:28:14 PM

Author
"Game Resources Difffer" (Read 1,180 times)

BerzerkerKitty

BerzerkerKitty

Hello,

I've been a longtime player of AVP2 (You may remember me... [BERZERKER]_Kitty) and I played up until mid 2010. I started feeling nostalgic and wanted to give it a go last night. I kept getting the error that Game Resources Differ blah blah blah so I did some research and saw that there is a newish patch for the savior mod (1.5.3) so I downloaded and installed that. Im also running windows 7.

I STILL have this error on any server that I attempt to join. I also have the UMP2 installled with custom rez code entered in the logon, and the firewall has AVP2 accepted. I'm really stumped :/ Also, when it asked me to update whether I click OK or CANCEL is does nothing and brings me to the server lists.

I know a while back when lithfaq was doing all this, I had a similar problem and they had told me to put "-rez avp2p5.rez" in the custom box on the startup... but I dont konw if I still need to have that or not? How do you put more than one custom rez code there anyways (that AND the UMP2 code).

I guess I could uninstall and reinstall everything... but I don't have the original NOCD file anymore or remember what file it is... and I like that feature XD

TL;DR version: I get this error, please help me!! ASAP please... its one of those things when I want to play is NOW and it's frustrating to not have it working XD

chupacabras acheronsis

remove all mod command lines and play vainilla. then, one by one start to add mods until you find the one giving you trouble.

the master server savior patch does not need command lines, they only clog it. see if there's a mod that alters gameplay or server-sided options it will impede you from joining. make an inventory of what you have installed in your mod/custom folder, and use winrez lt to examine the mods, if they change scripts or engine files they will not be multiplayer friendly. the best way to mesh multiple mods is to extract them all into an open folder, leaving the things you like and deleting everything else, then linking it with the command box. it works just like a .rez file but without the file extension.

BerzerkerKitty

BerzerkerKitty

Thank you,

I ended up just doing a fresh installation with only the latest master server patch and required updates (and I found the NOCD zip file, so got that to work too!), It is now working, I am happy to say :)

However.... I have to say, Ive never felt so unwelcome before in a game that should be ENCOURAGING people to play (due to the lack of players). I joined a UK server, and after playing for over half an hour, I killed the server host, and because my ping was 300 I had to be BANNED! BANNED! Seriously? I've never been so insulted. When this game was at its prime it wasnt uncommon to see people with ping in the 600-800 range... 300 ISNT a big deal. Learn how to accept defeat once in a while instead of blaming ping.

Now I can't even play on one of the more populated servers :/

x-M-x

x-M-x

Game Resources Difffer.. is 90% of the time your running mods/skins/maps and trying to join a server that doesn't 'allow' that.

Just join the EU Servers they are the most popular

x-M-x

DragonBossk

DragonBossk

I'll throw my hand in and mention that I've run graphical enhancement mods and skin mods for years, and the only server I've come across that doesn't allow them are the RUSSIAN BEARS and their dedis. This is excluding servers running maps I don't have.

I played on Sunday for the first time in a while and the ususal 24/7 quara and TDM servers run just find with mods.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed