Prometheus 2 casting update!!

Started by RoaryUK, May 20, 2013, 02:23:14 AM

Author
Prometheus 2 casting update!! (Read 20,123 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 20, 2013, 10:49:47 PM
Can't see this guy playing her son, unless they intend to age Rapace somehow

Or fix her fertility issue.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 20, 2013, 11:22:42 PM
Quote from: RoaryUK on May 20, 2013, 10:49:47 PM
Can't see this guy playing her son, unless they intend to age Rapace somehow

Or fix her fertility issue.

Damn, I never thought about that one!!   ;)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Can see it now.

Shaw is gone for so long her enterprising/worried brother sets off to look for her.  Follows her to jockey homeworld.  Begins to piece together what happens.

Could very well lead to a "changed" Shaw that everybody is seemingly wanting to see.

SM

SM

A six year old girl has a younger brother from a dead mother who's completely absent from the Prometheus.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on May 20, 2013, 11:47:19 PM
A six year old girl has a younger brother from a dead mother who's completely absent from the Prometheus.

That's what I've been thinking. I know the initial rumour suggests Shaw's brother, but that's just f**king stupid for the above reasons and more. I guess a half-brother could kinda make sense, but it still seems like a stretch.

SM

SM

Depends when her father died from Ebola.

[cancerblack]

That's why I said "kinda" work. It could, although it's still a messy retcon.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Just a really mad thought here, but maybe it takes longer to get to this Paradise than anyone thought. Shaw did have a son and over time he comes looking for her, following the clues we already know about... just a mad thought anyways.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 21, 2013, 12:02:49 AM
Just a really mad thought here, but maybe it takes longer to get to this Paradise than anyone thought. Shaw did have a son and over time he comes looking for her, following the clues we already know about... just a mad thought anyways.

That would have been mentioned in Prometheus. She says "I can't create life", not "I can't create life anymore".

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

..unless it's her son... from a different dimension!

DUN DUN DUN.  :laugh:

a la Bioshock Infinite

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on May 21, 2013, 12:04:22 AM
Quote from: RoaryUK on May 21, 2013, 12:02:49 AM

That would have been mentioned in Prometheus. She says "I can't create life", not "I can't create life anymore".

Yeah I know, lol, just a mad thought. I agree though the brother, or even half brother thing, doesn't seem right somehow! 

Chris P

Chris P

Highly doubt it's her son. I mentioned that idea to just say I have no clue what his role will be in relation to Shaw. Brother, it's possible. Son - maybe if an Engineer and Shaw get it on, or in another way, somehow she's exposed to more of the Engineer's "bio-former" and it somehow restarts her fertility cycle?

Another thought - there are very strong biblical symbols throughout Prometheus, what if Shaw represents the virgin Mary? She is given the ability to procreate by God (ie. in this case the Engineers) and ends up having a child who is part Human part Engineer, and somehow, has some important role in stopping the evil which was awakened on LV223 - Deacon perhaps?

I dunno, it's a far out there idea and I know how much everyone loved the "Jesus was an Engineer" theory, haha.  :D Again, who knows. Hopefully we'll have more to go by soon.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Chris P on May 21, 2013, 04:17:12 AM
Highly doubt it's her son. I mentioned that idea to just say I have no clue what his role will be in relation to Shaw. Brother, it's possible. Son - maybe if an Engineer and Shaw get it on, or in another way, somehow she's exposed to more of the Engineer's "bio-former" and it somehow restarts her fertility cycle?

Another thought - there are very strong biblical symbols throughout Prometheus, what if Shaw represents the virgin Mary? She is given the ability to procreate by God (ie. in this case the Engineers) and ends up having a child who is part Human part Engineer, and somehow, has some important role in stopping the evil which was awakened on LV223 - Deacon perhaps?

I dunno, it's a far out there idea and I know how much everyone loved the "Jesus was an Engineer" theory, haha.  :D Again, who knows. Hopefully we'll have more to go by soon.

Y'know, I think you really might be onto something there. But rather than Shaw being given the ability to procreate by God, maybe she never loses it from her intimate connection with Holloway?  So after, technically, birthing the Trilobite on LV-223 she becomes pregnant again, but this time gives birth to something closer to human!! 

[cancerblack]

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 21, 2013, 04:42:29 AM

Y'know, I think you really might be onto something there. But rather than Shaw being given the ability to procreate by God, maybe she never loses it from her intimate connection with Holloway?  So after, technically, birthing the Trilobite on LV-223 she becomes pregnant again, but this time gives birth to something closer to human!! 

Pregnant to who?

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on May 21, 2013, 05:08:30 AM
Quote from: RoaryUK on May 21, 2013, 04:42:29 AM

Pregnant to who?

By whatever was passed on by Holloway... I mean who says it can't happen twice?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed