Strause Brothers Interview

Started by Darkness, Jan 05, 2008, 08:17:56 PM

Author
Strause Brothers Interview (Read 15,602 times)

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Predhunter,  check the Alien movies again: no gore (only ONE blood scenes with burster in A1, and TWO blood scenes - the burster scene and Ferro dying)   Predator's 1 and 2 'gore' scenes were in P1 the bodies hanged, that bloody undiscernible mess (maybe Hawkins' entrails) that Poncho finds, and Dillon's 'fake' arm (funny fake, with the real arm really showing) and Billy's spinal removal...  Not what >I would say GORE, as in 'graphic violence and human body parts (head, legs cut off, entrails, blood by ther gallon, etc)...  Good, memorable stories, memorable characters, that's what the originals were all about...not gratuitous violence and dim-lit 1-minute fight sequences    ;)     ::)  

predator343

predator343

WE WANT AVP3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   8)     8)     8)     8)     8)     8)     8)     8)     8)  

trailpimp

trailpimp

Here in Portugal the movie has premiered, and what's left to say is that the film is very poor. All things fail in this movie, the most noteworthy is the overall direction of the movie, "interesting scenes" cut in half or are short, the script makes no sense, the actors if well directed could of pulled it off, there's a total lack of "grandiousity" and originality. For me what is the only thing note worthy is the Predator, Ian White gave him "the life inside" that once was the hallmark of the Predator, but even that wasn't explored. The movie has B series all over it, especially the ridiculous ending. One thing that is funny is that the soundtrack is good and even that was offbeat with the scenes, leaving me with impression of hearing a Mozart's Requiem in a Rob Zombie movie!!! The zombies beeing the aliens and the humans... There's a lot of potential for this franchise, but it's important to bring top people to it. Let's Hope that "Requiem" (mass of the dead) is not about the end of this franchise... Fox it's not only your dollars on the line here.

Deco

Deco

Alot of the fans on this site seem to have lost sight of what 'Alien' and 'Predator' were originally. They are not 'Gore fests' nor were they EVER renouned for their violence. They are so famous because they play on the Fear of the dark and the Fear of being stalked/hunted. This combined with their masterful direction/screen-writing makes them the movies they are. Not how many battles are on screen or how much gore there is. Batman begins is a great movie but the fights are blurred and somewhat difficult to make out; but we as an audience forgive that flaw because the movie is fantastic. AVP as a concept needs to let go of 'doing things in camera' and sticking to the way the previous films were shot and grow as its own franchise. The creatures are not scary to us anymore so we should be focusing on other aspects of them to make them more terrifying. Grow the terror!  I wouldnt mind seeing an alien in the opening minute of any new movie to be honest. We've seen them a million times. Now lets break open the basket and make a movie that explores the true nature of both creatures.  FOX l will write a script for FREE and you can take my fee and add it to the rest of the budget to make the film as epic as possible!!! Im serious!

Predhunter

Predhunter

YutaniDitch:  Has for "gratuitous violence", i think the Brothers tried to show a scenario as real as it gets. Do you think that in case of an Alien infestation all the children and babies would be safe??No. And why not showing it? That gives a realistic perspective of what that chatastrofe could be. Humans are no longer on the top of the food chain, so anything can happpen! Obviously, the Brothers wanted to go bit further with this movie, making it more serious and real.  As fore the violence scenes in the two franchises, yes, i agree there wasn´t much...But, the scenes were scary and BLOODY, showing us sometimes entrails of humans bodies and so on...

Maximus

Maximus

"Are you serious? The Strause Bros. skewered both our beloved creatures. They nerfed the Aliens considerably so they can have one god-like Predator deal with them. Cheapening the Aliens was a stupid decision on their part, as well as including only one Predator. And let's not get into a discussion about what they've done to the Pred-Alien."  Agree completely, the Strauses made every single Alien weak and stupid.  Even the Predalien was a wuss, he retreats after the Pred swipes at him once.  This is why fanboys, particularly Predator fanboys, shouldn't make AvP movies.  Or any movies.

Predhunter

Predhunter

Sure, it would be good to see more then one Predator. But i don´t think they had the budget to do it. If the Predators were three (for example) it would be necessary to do 3 times more fight scenes. That would cost money, and the movie would be more then 2 hrs long. And if they were three, from your point of view, the Aliens would probably kill 2 of them right at the beginning...  "This is why fanboys, particularly Predator fanboys, shouldn't make AvP movies. Or any movies"  Such a poor coment...

hicks man

hicks man

Dude I agree with you because the aliens did seem like a bunch of pussies but when the national guard came in that's where they shined. Although the best is when the predator fought the alien at the power plant that's a good fight scene.

DarthJanus

DarthJanus

You have the perfect story for AVP already, it's called the first comic series.  You have well developed characters including the predator "Broken Tusk"( which wolf was a cheap copy of)  I hear all the time you can't do a literal transition from comic to film.  Bulls**t,   seen Batman DeadEnd this is such a fantastic take on batman vs predator vs aliens that it proves it can be done.  Also provesthat we don't need sculpted body suits for heros like Batman( different rant altogether) and stick with the Stan Winston design for  the Predator.  Wolf(and Scar's mandabiles were way off and the heads were badly designed) was close but still left a lot to be desired.  If they do a 3 is should be Rated R but not for gores sake alone but for intense suspense and scare factor.  Has far as Alien 5 pick a good comic story and translate it to screen, Heres an idea hire the comics  writers to do the scripts.  Predator 3 needs to be the first Predator comic with Dutchs brother.  These things have kept the franchise alive while the movies have been crap.  Get with it Fox and stop wasting time and money on some new flavor director/writer of the month crap.  Give us what we want.

Stamos

Stamos

Whenever a new flavor of bubblegum comes out, it usually doesn't cut it and ends up in the bargain bin, just like these AVP films.... DarthJanus is right, brains seem to be lacking when it comes to creativity, so why not follow the story of the comics...AVPR was not as creative as I expected...it was watchable until you knew that there were no A's or P's left, just some REALLY stupid H's....cheaparses  Theatrical Performance  Total US Gross $37,054,994  International Gross $36,000,000  Worldwide Gross $73,054,994   Hopefully, the next one's right because the numbers are getting much better, here in AU I think if you wait a week or so, then you wont be able to watch it at the movies, it's dead...

Predhunter

Predhunter

In my opinion, the main problem with this movie was that the budget was too damn low!  I think the budget for AvP:R was about $40milion. Less $20 milion then the first one, if  the numbers aren´t wrong...

Deco

Deco

I like the first AVP comic but I still think a better movie story could be made.

persistentvision

Maximus and Deco, I COMPLETELY agree with you. The Strause Bros. failed dramatically. I was SO looking forward to AVP-R but alas-it was truly SHITE. I am a BIG fan of both Creatures, long term since A1 and P1, and the AVP Comics. The sad reality is that our beloved Monsters are doomed since Ridley Scott and John McTiernan walked away. Just compare the resumes of Paul Anderson and Brothers Strause to those two guys and that`s all you need to explain why the AVP movies haven`t worked. But to disempower the Aliens and reduce them to scurrying bugs is unforgiveable-compare their screen presence in AVP-R to Ridley Scott`s enigmatic, and ritualised Beast!!!  What a Strause Bros. disaster for first time directing! Blatantly copying lines of dialogue, plot devices and soundtracks from Alien/Aliens, Predator/Predator 2 does not constitute "directing"!! Pathetically unoriginal, guys. I guess if you are a geek under 21 that doesn`t have Giger`s Necronomicon books you might have enjoyed this crap take on our favourite Movie Monsters!!! I wont go within 100 Light Years of another AVP movie.

PyroAcid

PyroAcid

lol be nice if they just made it pred3 and just use the stroyline form the ps2 game that came out start out in the 1930s  then end in the 2030s and have it more about the predator and what he has to do to gain back is honor  Alien5? more like alien with maybe a pred or 2 geared for humans end up finding aliens attacking humans this 3 pov dont qutoe work that well sure this was alot better then the 1st one but no cigar

PyroAcid

PyroAcid

Predhunter i agree it  the  scenes of the old ones. left overs in the old flicks was greedy  bodys skined spines riped out blood everywere alien eating on a dead body and hereing the lil mouth brakeing bones as it fed but maximus think about this way if your the onley breding member of your spices whould you stick around? hell no you want your drones to go ape on every thing but i do think they should have have guy that made the pred moives and one guy that made the alien flims not have one sided focus going on

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed