Neill Blomkamp Talks The (De) Evolution of Alien 3.2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 09, 2017, 05:02:54 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Talks The (De) Evolution of Alien 3.2 (Read 68,051 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jul 13, 2017, 10:27:16 AM
Well I can't speak for Hicks, but I'm not even on the same continent as the lever, nevermind pulling it.

Bah, we all know you have Rupert's ear.

And I'm sure Hicks can manage to pull a lever despite the inconvenience of wearing a straight-jacket.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 13, 2017, 04:16:06 PM
Ha, he's just getting bombarded with questions. No way to answer them all. We'll see if he mentions any more details with regards to Alien 3.2.

Wouldn't surprise me if he had Dakota Fanning in mind for Newt.

Has anyone asked him about Turk yet?

Corporal Hicks

You gotta ask him how he incorporated elements of Colonial Marine into the retcon.

Local Trouble

Instead of pouring all his energy into making a sequel to a movie that already got a sequel, why doesn't he give us a sequel to his best movie instead?

And create a role so good that Daniel Day-Lewis would come out of retirement to play it.

FenGiddel

Lovin' NB's responses on the Reddit AMA! 

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

First mention of Alien 3.2

Quote from: Neill Blomkampso i knew i would get asked about this. i have answered it in press as honestly as i can. I will try and clear it up. The film is basically dead. No signs of life. I wish I could have made the film with Sigourney. It does not appear to be happening, or will ever happen.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 13, 2017, 04:48:42 PM
Instead of pouring all his energy into making a sequel to a movie that already got a sequel, why doesn't he give us a sequel to his best movie instead?

He's already answered that one.  :P

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 13, 2017, 04:58:40 PM

Quote from: Neill Blomkampso i knew i would get asked about this. i have answered it in press as honestly as i can. I will try and clear it up. The film is basically dead. No signs of life. I wish I could have made the film with Sigourney. It does not appear to be happening, or will ever happen.

Yeah, District 9 "needs" a sequel (or prequel).

Alionic

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 13, 2017, 05:34:13 AM
Quote from: Alionic on Jul 13, 2017, 03:21:52 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 12, 2017, 09:39:29 PM
I stand by that the best option is to bring back Ripley, Hicks, Newt, and continue on a different tangent from where Aliens left off.  30 years later, I bet people would still love to see this story.  Whether it would live up to its expectations is another thing, but it would fill seats...

lol

Just flat out ignoring Alien 3 is such a monumentally stupid idea, which raises unfortunate implications. Beginning a trend in Hollywood of ignoring plot lines of sequels that a fanboy director didn't like sets a dangerous precedent.

FFS what is so hard about making an Alien film without Ripley, Hicks, and Newt?

Ask Ridley Scott.

I was referring to Blomkamp, dummy.

PierreVW

Maybe FOX don't want Sigourney Weaver as the lead.

It's common with very old men: Harrison Ford, Sylvester Stallone, etc....

But I NEVER saw a big movie with an old woman(Sigourney Weaver) as the lead.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: PierreVW on Jul 13, 2017, 08:03:48 PM

Well it's about time!

PierreVW

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 14, 2017, 12:03:14 AM

Well it's about time!

It's doubtful. Hollywood was and is sexist.

It's impossible a 70-80 million dollar film about a 70 year old woman(Sigourney Weaver).

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: PierreVW on Jul 14, 2017, 12:07:16 AM

Well it's about time!

It's impossible a 70-80 million dollar film about a 70 year old woman(Sigourney Weaver).

I actually think Sigourney Weaver could be the exception to the rule.  People would come out to see that movie.  Especially with the dynamic of Hicks and Newt in tow?  Gangbusters!

Tonyhartmorph

Tonyhartmorph

I hope Blomkamp never lives this down, it seems that every time he makes something half decent, hardcore  Aliens fans will claim he would have made an amazing film. He's going to be asked about it in every interview from here to kingdom come.

It's called Karma, bitch. Reap it.

You tried your hand and failed.

PierreVW

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 14, 2017, 12:23:23 AM
Quote from: PierreVW on Jul 14, 2017, 12:07:16 AM

Well it's about time!

I actually think Sigourney Weaver could be the exception to the rule.  People would come out to see that movie.  Especially with the dynamic of Hicks and Newt in tow?  Gangbusters!

Maybe if they got a really famous and current star. Someone like Jennifer Lawrence.

FOX doesn't have faith in NB and 2 really old actors: SW and Hicks.

Corporal Hicks

And only, from the looks of it. That's a shame. I was really hoping to learn more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed