the fate of the marines

Started by Alexa Chung, Oct 20, 2010, 12:13:13 PM

Author
the fate of the marines (Read 4,552 times)

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Yeah i got a chuckle from it too :P

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: First Blood on Oct 22, 2010, 08:12:40 PM
Quote from: Lie on Oct 22, 2010, 05:40:43 PM
This image cracks me up;

I don't know why :D

Not to steal SpaceMarines' thunder but...HUGS!!

First Blood

First Blood

:D

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

That always makes me laugh that part where it reaches out like it wants a hug lol.

Griffith

Griffith

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 22, 2010, 05:34:12 PM
I don't think so, it's not a new photo. The Alien Legend website has had one for years:

wow.. I never saw those pics before, I should learn to lurk moar, good one Xenomorph  ;)

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Can't you still see him in the movie? im pretty sure i heard somewhere that a small amount of footage has that actor playing hicks in the hive scene.

Griffith

Griffith

As far as I know the only scene where you can see Remar is when they are doing  the entry to the hive but you can only see his back so you can't notice if it's Michael Biehn or him

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah, that's correct. A couple of the times when you're seeing Hicks from behind when they're exploring the hive, it's James Remar.

Valaquen

Valaquen

This article is an online reproduction of the 30 Years of Alien EMPIRE article. It's a year old. Disappointing that they didn't do a new write-up.

Here's all the images of Remar as Hicks that I have:

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Why did they replace him?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: The Black Swordsman on Oct 23, 2010, 08:44:20 PM
Why did they replace him?
Remar left for rehab. There was a little drama, but information is scarce.

SM

SM

QuoteSometimes it's hard not to try go back across a bridge you've just burned. Take this show I quit in England [Aliens]. I'd had this disagreement, shall we say, with the director over my character - he wanted it to be pretty cardboard thin, but I'd had these ideas to inject a little depth into it.

Either way, I was waiting for a flight back to Boston and tired of the hotel room the studio were still paying for (including the "free drinks" I was charging to them as a final "f**k-you") so I hit the town. Let me tell you, Soho in London is THE PLACE.

I was there, swiftly drinking my way towards depression over this asshole - a slope that would later see me hit rock bottom and burn out most of my nasal passages- when I see him.

PARTYING. No, just f**king dancing. The guy was electric, but he was really into himself, and although the girls were all over him, it was clear he just wanted to see himself move on the dancefloor.

I was stunned. It was like this totally different guy - not the egomaniac filmgeek, but a John Travolta motherf**ker. Now maybe it was the booze (heck, I'm damn sure it was) but I just had to let him know that maybe he was OK after all.

"You know, maybe you're not so bad" I said, and held out my hand. He didn't accept my handshake though - he didn't even break his rhythm.

"I'M THE KING OF THE DISCO!" he replied, and then he just span like top and strutted into the cheering crowd.

What. An. Asshole.

I shoulda listened to my instincts.

Apparently according to Remar.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Oct 24, 2010, 10:11:29 PM
QuoteSometimes it's hard not to try go back across a bridge you've just burned. Take this show I quit in England [Aliens]. I'd had this disagreement, shall we say, with the director over my character - he wanted it to be pretty cardboard thin, but I'd had these ideas to inject a little depth into it.

Either way, I was waiting for a flight back to Boston and tired of the hotel room the studio were still paying for (including the "free drinks" I was charging to them as a final "f**k-you") so I hit the town. Let me tell you, Soho in London is THE PLACE.

I was there, swiftly drinking my way towards depression over this asshole - a slope that would later see me hit rock bottom and burn out most of my nasal passages- when I see him.

PARTYING. No, just f**king dancing. The guy was electric, but he was really into himself, and although the girls were all over him, it was clear he just wanted to see himself move on the dancefloor.

I was stunned. It was like this totally different guy - not the egomaniac filmgeek, but a John Travolta motherf**ker. Now maybe it was the booze (heck, I'm damn sure it was) but I just had to let him know that maybe he was OK after all.

"You know, maybe you're not so bad" I said, and held out my hand. He didn't accept my handshake though - he didn't even break his rhythm.

"I'M THE KING OF THE DISCO!" he replied, and then he just span like top and strutted into the cheering crowd.

What. An. Asshole.

I shoulda listened to my instincts.

Apparently according to Remar.
It's fake.

SM

SM

Hence my use of 'apparently'.  So where did it come from then?

SiL

SiL

I thought it was TheDeed from the IMDb.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed